TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 218

Thread: T2 NEW DARK MISSION: "Mechanists on the rise" v0.7 (06/10/14)

  1. #126
    New Member
    Registered: Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Mission 2. Embassingly, I've only found 6610 loot out of 7000 (Expert/Headache). I've been to the balcony high above the street at the bottom of the ramp, got the coins in the fountain near the start, taken every painting I can in the hotel, and scoued every house I can get into. Any hints please?
    Try also hotel's kitchen and bar

  2. #127
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Done! You see, I told you I didn't understand the dialogues....

    @ Pedro: Pls DON'T quit Dromed!!!!
    I guess i canīt escape Dromed, i have a new proposal to coperate with Firemage...and i still want to finish that project i have dedicated to you.

  3. #128
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by SinSober View Post
    Finished two days ago. Was impressed by the atmosphere (background sounds and music is just great) and level of texture work (I suppose the most time was spent for textures, right?). Loot/switches hunting was really exhausting for me sometimes... Nevertheless - a Great job! Big thanks to all the developers!
    Textures took also alot of work to select them, but the hardest and longest work here was spent on creating the architecture.

    Thanks for palying
    Last edited by Cardia; 15th Nov 2013 at 14:53.

  4. #129
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Thanks for this mission !
    v.04 was fun to play. And besides the 5 canisters not ticking of reliably, I had no issues at all.
    Actually I liked the first mission much better, because it was quite a bit different.
    The gameplay for that first mission was very nice and really enjoyable.

    Regarding mission2:
    I did not like being able to loot several places without anybody caring what I do.
    I liked the twists and turns with additional objectives showing up, though. Unfortunately some of the conversations were very low in volume and therefor barely understandable.
    ... in contrast to the deafening sound of the victrolas all around, which was dealt with by switching them off altogether as quick as possible.
    I wonder what kind of civil war is going on in these streets where everyone puts victrolas into near his window and targeting it ar the neighborhood.


    A problem and a question on mission2:
    One painting is not obtainable: ID 1664. It seems to be stuck in nirvana in/near the hotel.

    And the final question : Where and how to get the secret?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 15th Nov 2013 at 16:22.

  5. #130
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Thanks for this mission !
    v.04 was fun to play. And besides the 5 canisters not ticking of reliably, I had no issues at all.
    Actually I liked the first mission much better, because it was quite a bit different.
    The gameplay for that first mission was very nice and really enjoyable.

    Regarding mission2:
    I did not like being able to loot several places without anybody caring what I do.
    I liked the twists and turns with additional objectives showing up, though. Unfortunately some of the conversations were very low in volume and therefor barely understandable.
    ... in contrast to the deafening sound of the victrolas all around, which was dealt with by switching them off altogether as quick as possible.
    I wonder what kind of civil war is going on in these streets where everyone puts victrolas into near his window and targeting it ar the neighborhood.


    A problem and a question on mission2:
    One painting is not obtainable: ID 1664. It seems to be stuck in nirvana in/near the hotel.

    And the final question : Where and how to get the secret?
    Thanks gnartsch, I resolved the lost loot in London. Don't know about the secret.



    Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I've been playing mission 1 in v0.4 for a while, and there's a problem with the "Destroy the 5 Enhancer canisters". It does not tick off reliably.

    Yesterday, I made a saved game while standing
    spoiler:
    on top of the already running machine which is used to destroy the canisters. Then I threw the five canisters through the roof and observed the result. All canisters vanished in a puff of smoke, and sometimes, I got "Objective completed" after that. Sometimes, the objective did not complete.
    Afterwards, I reloaded this saved game and tried again. And again, and again...

    Sometimes, it worked. Sometimes, it didn't. I cannot see any pattern to this. Whether I threw
    spoiler:
    the canisters into the machine, beginning with No 1, proceeding with No 2 etc., or whether I threw them in regardless of the number, did not matter.
    Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Tried it on two different computers with two different Windows versions (Vista x86, Win7 x64), Thief 2 (one english and one german version) patched to v1.21 and FMSel. No difference.

    I think we really need to see a v0.5 of the mission, for it would really be a shame otherwise. Visuals, music and sound are really good, and I'd hate to see that spoiled by a misbehaving objective.

    By the way, I had crashes when loading saved games with versions up to 0.3, but it appears to have vanished with 0.4. Didn't use quicksaves much, however.
    I have reworked the stims controlling the destruction objective in v.05, so we will see. It seems as though the stim reliability has gone out the window with NewDark, or maybe it's just me gone out the window. Probably the later. Thanks for playing, and for your kind words.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 16th Nov 2013 at 10:54.

  6. #131
    DromEd Archmage
    Registered: Nov 2010
    Location: Returned to the eternal labor
    @DarthLair, Cardia1 & anybody having such problem in their own fan mission:

    [speaking in a dromeder's language that nobody will understand but people understanding dromeder's language]

    About the cannisters, I think that the best thing to do is a "Counter Value" as I did for your bomb goal.
    You will be sure to get something which work.

    [/Blablabla]

  7. #132
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Bremerton Washington
    I am still on Mission 1 version 4. I still have invisible water surfaces that turn blue on some saves. A few weeks ago I was messing with dromed and now I get an error when I try to open a mission with dromed so it could be on my end.

    Anyway I must be blind or just an idiot because I can't find the attic with the explosives. I have the generator turned off in the radioactive room and the one in the old section next to the cistern but I am confused. Is there another one upstairs that requires the elevator to get to or have I missed something in the lower area?

    I still laugh when I think about the warning signs on next to the rest room. What a hoot

  8. #133
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I am still on Mission 1 version 4. I still have invisible water surfaces that turn blue on some saves. A few weeks ago I was messing with dromed and now I get an error when I try to open a mission with dromed so it could be on my end.

    Anyway I must be blind or just an idiot because I can't find the attic with the explosives. I have the generator turned off in the radioactive room and the one in the old section next to the cistern but I am confused. Is there another one upstairs that requires the elevator to get to or have I missed something in the lower area?

    I still laugh when I think about the warning signs on next to the rest room. What a hoot
    Hi bedwine,

    Go from the Well, go thru the double doors. Go upstairs and find the vertical sliding door (the only one, near the end of the hall. Use your moss arrows, as to not alert the monsters. Then go downstairs to the end of the hall and go through another set of double doors. Go to the left, and you will see a hole in the wall. Go thru that, and proceed into the building. Go thru the garden, into the door. This is the radioactive area from an experiment gone bad. Go diagonally to the right, and notice the stairway, go past that and into a couple rooms where the walls have been blown out, and you will see a checkered floor. Go up the stairs, and when you get up on top of the stairs go directly into the window that goes into the office. Look at the bottom left of the library shelf, then go left through the office door, then another left and up the ladder.

  9. #134
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    stuck in mission 1

    i am in the room with water, a switch near 3 vents, a closed door. How do I open the left vent? I managed to open middle/right vents.

    not sure what I am missing.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

  10. #135
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    i am in the room with water, a switch near 3 vents, a closed door. How do I open the left vent? I managed to open middle/right vents.

    not sure what I am missing.
    Look for a small arcing switch to the lower left of the console switch in the corner close to the last vent on the left.

  11. #136
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    @DarthLair, Cardia1 & anybody having such problem in their own fan mission:

    [speaking in a dromeder's language that nobody will understand but people understanding dromeder's language]

    About the cannisters, I think that the best thing to do is a "Counter Value" as I did for your bomb goal.
    You will be sure to get something which work.

    [/Blablabla]
    I created a new "Destroy Plate" that wasn't as porous as the last one(OBB), and it works reliably now. Version .05 will be out tomorrow or so, probably. In Dromed2 v.1.18 I used a truck load of the same type stim based objectives, such as in "Cataclysmic Revelations". The machine that makes 3 frag bombs from 15 different ingredients. Always reliable. Can't say the same for the newer versions.

  12. #137
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2012
    Location: San Miguel de Salinas, Spain
    Really good work with excellent architecture. I had to look twice at the warning sign of the restroom to get it .
    Thanks to the developer team, keep on providing us with missions

    Joerg

  13. #138
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    Great set of missions, I really liked the first one! The story, atmosphere were GREAT!

    A big thanks to all!

  14. #139
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2005
    Location: Planet Earth, mostly Hungary
    Another great classic in Cardia1 style, congrats and let them coming...

    One question in Mission 1: How can I open the inert-looking metal door in the cistern? It is between the generator room and the ladder (if I had a compass I'd say it's on the South side) and I suspect a piece of loot behind it.

  15. #140
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Another great classic in Cardia1 style, congrats and let them coming...

    One question in Mission 1: How can I open the inert-looking metal door in the cistern? It is between the generator room and the ladder (if I had a compass I'd say it's on the South side) and I suspect a piece of loot behind it.
    Hi csamba,

    I don't think it can be opened, but Pedro may be able to answer it.

  16. #141
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    It can not be opened, because there is nothing behind it.

  17. #142
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2005
    Location: Planet Earth, mostly Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    It can not be opened, because there is nothing behind it.
    Thanks, so I have to look for a missing purse somewhere else

    Gnartsch, haven't you found the secret in Mission 2?

  18. #143
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2005
    Location: Planet Earth, mostly Hungary
    I found the missing purse and encountered a curiosity: no matter where I am, obtaining the last pieces of loot - above ~4110 - instantly ends the mission (with all other objectives, except the last, already completed).

    Also in mission 2 the last piece inside the ship must be grabbed very quickly, with the "mission complete" already on the top of the screen...

  19. #144
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Mission updated to V.0.5:

    http://dfiles.eu/files/jfasm18y1

    So i guess this is the last update, no crashes, no bugs, no lags, objectives are now easier to acomplish.


  20. #145
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Another great classic in Cardia1 style, congrats and let them coming...

    One question in Mission 1: How can I open the inert-looking metal door in the cistern? It is between the generator room and the ladder (if I had a compass I'd say it's on the South side) and I suspect a piece of loot behind it.
    Thank you Csamba, that metal door is fake, the only thing that is likely to be beyond that door is the game backstage...wooden sticks supporting the walls made of card, some spotlights, cables, cameras...etc

  21. #146
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    mission 1, hard difficulty, version 4

    I have not found any clue as to the code for the cannisters. also I see the room with the bombs, but cannot get to them. I read in the forum, you turn off power, turned off all generators I can find except two that are behind gates, with a generator console you cannot turn off. .....just after the big round vault door to the mech staff bunk area. all other gnererators are off.

    what am i missing?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

  22. #147
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I have not found any clue as to the code for the cannisters. also I see the room with the bombs, but cannot get to them. I read in the forum, you turn off power, turned off all generators I can find except two that are behind gates, with a generator console you cannot turn off. .....just after the big round vault door to the mech staff bunk area. all other gnererators are off.

    what am i missing?

    What do you mean, you can see the room with the bombs,but cannot get to them?

    For access to the Bombs, Go from the Well, go thru the double doors. Go upstairs and find the vertical sliding door (the only one, near the end of the hall. Use your moss arrows, as to not alert the monsters. Then go downstairs to the end of the hall and go through another set of double doors. Go to the left, and you will see a hole in the wall. Go thru that, and proceed into the building. Go thru the garden, into the door. This is the radioactive area from an experiment gone bad. Go diagonally to the right, and notice the stairway, go past that and into a couple rooms where the walls have been blown out, and you will see a checkered floor. Go up the stairs, and when you get up on top of the stairs go directly into the window that goes into the office. Look at the bottom left of the library shelf, then go left through the office door, then another left and up the ladder. In this office pick up the red code book.

    For turning off[SPOIL]the generators. okay There are 2 generators that have to be shut off, sounds like you have shut down the one in the Cistern area, the generator room next to the bathroom. The other one is in the Creature Pen area, down one of the halls at the end. There is a plaque inside to identify it. Shut that off, then you will have access to the Enhancer Prototype in the upper Mech Lab.

  23. #148
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    going up the lift, I see signs for cannister room, lab, creature pen. I do not see any sign for generator anywheere. nothing on floor at top of lift has a sign for generator.


    I do not find any doors other than the rooms I listed above. There is a closed door/panel with a mech bot behind it.

    the creator pen as 4 levers that cannot be moved

    are you referring to where mr gonne is found?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

  24. #149
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    going up the lift, I see signs for cannister room, lab, creature pen. I do not see any sign for generator anywheere. nothing on floor at top of lift has a sign for generator.


    I do not find any doors other than the rooms I listed above. There is a closed door/panel with a mech bot behind it.

    the creator pen as 4 levers that cannot be moved

    are you referring to where mr gonne is found?
    Read my last post (spoilers) This explains where the 2 generators are that you need to gain access to the Enhancer Prototype.

    The Creature pen is in the old Mechanist Creature Lab, and that is in the instructions on how to get to the generators you need to turn off. Go to the well first, then go through the double doors, and to the right down the hall. That door on the end is one of the generator rooms. In this Building is the Creature Pen, and Creature Laboratory, also the place where you must blow some gas pipes with one of time bombs.

  25. #150
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    mission 1, hard difficulty, version 4

    i have read these spoilers already. in the hall that has the creature pen area and a lab, there are no plagues for generators. there is a small room at the end of the hall, two sets of doors that do not open, a few chairs. A mechanist was there, I knocked him/her out.

    No doors open other than doors to the two labs and creature pen upstairs.(after leaving lift). I have the 6 cannisters after reading the earlier post about the 4 digit code.

    I am on version 4.0. I don't know what version you used, but what you described does not exists where I am now, where I have described before.

    Can you send a screenshot of the area you are talking about?

    The well area has the single and double doors that lead to the generator pair there, and Mr. Gonne. Going up the small stairs and back through the bunk area leads to no sliding doors of any kind.

    People mention the well and double doors. I have not found anything the looks like a well, hence no double doors at the well. I found the two pumps with the hidden switch witch leads to Gonne. No idea where the well is.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 17th Nov 2013 at 21:45.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •