TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 NEW DARK MISSION: "Mechanists on the rise" v0.7 (06/10/14)

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    i have read these spoilers already. in the hall that has the creature pen area and a lab, there are no plagues for generators. there is a small room at the end of the hall, two sets of doors that do not open, a few chairs. A mechanist was there, I knocked him/her out.

No doors open other than doors to the two labs and creature pen upstairs.(after leaving lift). I have the 6 cannisters after reading the earlier post about the 4 digit code.

I am on version 4.0. I don't know what version you used, but what you described does not exists where I am now, where I have described before.

Can you send a screenshot of the area you are talking about?

The well area has the single and double doors that lead to the generator pair there, and Mr. Gonne. Going up the small stairs and back through the bunk area leads to no sliding doors of any kind.

People mention the well and double doors. I have not found anything the looks like a well, hence no double doors at the well. I found the two pumps with the hidden switch witch leads to Gonne. No idea where the well is.
    The WellGo up the ladder from where you found Mr.Gonnie, then jump onto the rope, and climb up through the well. Then go to the only double doors from the well. Go inside and turn right down the hall, go to the end of the hall. That door is the generator room. Read the plaque near the jump switch.

I think I understand, now, that you have not left the Cistern area yet. Go up the rope.

the only ladder I find is where the pumps are, before you crawl to Gonne. The ladder I found takes you back to the cistern and you fall in.

Is there another? if so, is it in Gonne's little hiding area?

found it, it blended in with the dark so well.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

the only ladder I find is where the pumps are, before you crawl to Gonne. The ladder I found takes you back to the cistern and you fall in.

Is there another? if so, is it in Gonne's little hiding area?
    That is the right ladder, but you must jump to the rope, so you don't fall down into the cistern, then just climb the rope to the top of the well. This is a whole new area, and it sounds like you haven't been up there yet. Right?

found the well rope and went up. The two monters , they duked it out. shut off the generated, went back later to the bombs near the creature pen , they glass doors are all still shut/sealed.

will retrace steps to be sure nothing is missed, but all generators I can touch are off, have not gone through the contaminated area with the walking stiffs yet.

Thanks for this amazing mission!
    Wow for the textures!
    Wow for the gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Thanks for this amazing mission!
    Wow for the textures!
    Wow for the gameplay!
    Couldn't agree more...

Only one last question: where is the secret in mission 2?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Couldn't agree more...

Only one last question: where is the secret in mission 2?
    There is no secret in mission 2, but there are places that pass almost unoticed, hidden chest beneath the water at the docking bay

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    There is no secret in mission 2, but there are places that pass almost unoticed, hidden chest beneath the water at the docking bay
    Seems like DromED took the chance to veto against this statement.
    My stats say : 0 of 1 Secrets
    LazyTaffer says :
    A FindSecretTrap (3190)
    - Controlled by: Manifest (3189)
    - Controlled by: A DestroyTrap (3284)

... but still ... can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    My stats say : 0 of 1 Secrets
    LazyTaffer says :
    A FindSecretTrap (3190)
    - Controlled by: Manifest (3189)
    - Controlled by: A DestroyTrap (3284)

... but still ... can't find it.
    It is on the boat, but is not available. Apparently when I installed the multibrush of the ship, I forgot to remove it. It is in a solid portion of the old Captain's quarters. I was wondering about the secret too.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    It is on the boat, but is not available. Apparently when I installed the multibrush of the ship, I forgot to remove it. It is in a solid portion of the old Captain's quarters. I was wondering about the secret too.
    You filled the entire room with concrete ?
    Goddam*it, you are not willing to give away it's secret, are ya?

only under certain conditons. Next update if any, I will use the same trap and create a new secret.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    only under certain conditons. Next update if any, I will use the same trap and create a new secret.
    In that case please allow more than 2 seconds - while the mission is already over - to find and pick up the last gem from the mine cart inside the ship. Obsessive persons prefer finishing with full loot, whenever possible.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Updated mirror for the latest version:

Mechanists on the Rise v0.5

Just an observation - the version number on the file doesn't match the version number in the thread title - 0.5 vs. .05

thank you Brethren for putting a mirror for this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Updated mirror for the latest version:

Mechanists on the Rise v0.5

Just an observation - the version number on the file doesn't match the version number in the thread title - 0.5 vs. .05
    Thank You mike for hosting the mission at your site. The thread title is already 0.5

Southquarter.com/fms
    Right, but the file is "RiseOfMechanist_V.05.zip"

You filled the entire room with concrete ?
    Goddam*it, you are not willing to give away it's secret, are ya?
    I think he's a member of the local mafia and has hidden some dead bodies in there.

The debriefing screen after mission 1 told me I had pickpocketed "2 out of 0"...

found the well rope and went up. The two monters , they duked it out. shut off the generated, went back later to the bombs near the creature pen , they glass doors are all still shut/sealed.

will retrace steps to be sure nothing is missed, but all generators I can touch are off, have not gone through the contaminated area with the walking stiffs yet.
    I think you are confusing things here.

The two bombs which you need to destroy some machines cannot be obtained without going through the contaminated area at least once. They are not located in a futuristic-looking Mechanist area. They are not behind any glass doors either.

Some of the generators have to be shut off in order to get the Enhancement canisters. They don't have anything to do with obtaining any bombs. Once you have all canisters (seven canisters, including two prototype versions), you don't have to touch any generator ever again.

The generators which have to be shut off to obtain the canisters are a little bit different from the others. One of them has a plate next to it which says "Turn Off!" near the end. It is located in a small room near the foot of a staircase. The other one has two lights mounted on top of the controls. Switching this generator off starts an alarm, and the blue light goes out while the red one lights up.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1

Mission updated to V.0.5 [...]

So i guess this is the last update, no crashes, no bugs, no lags, objectives are now easier to acomplish.
    I'm afraid that's not the case. The objective to destroy the canisters still does not tick off reliably. Same problem as before: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, although I reloaded the same saved game (made with v0.5 this time) with Garrett standing on top of the activated machine every time.

There were a few other strange (but not critical) things I noticed while playing mission 1 of version 0.5 yesterday. For example, at least one of the pipe sections (the one near the courtyard where a treebeast and another monster fight if the player raises two iron gates) could only be destroyed with one of the time bombs. The other one did not activate itself if I dropped it there. Didn't check whether the other location also "prefers" one of the bombs.

Near the beginning, in the area where one gains access to an elevator, there are two keys that open the elevator doors. One of them is located on the belt of a Mechanist guarding the access door leading to the next area, the other one can be found on the base of a generator in a room next to the lift, containing three control boxes and two switches. One of these keys is numbered, as if the player could obtain more than one of them, the other one is not. Depending on which key is found first, both are either called "lift motor" or "pressure door". They still serve the same function, they always open the lift door. Furthermore, if the player obtains both keys but does not use or drop any of them, one of the keys will vanish from the inventory as soon as the second key is obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    In that case please allow more than 2 seconds - while the mission is already over - to find and pick up the last gem from the mine cart inside the ship. Obsessive persons prefer finishing with full loot, whenever possible.
    You can visit this place before all the other objectives are done, and rummage around as you please. I found some bananas and fire arrows there, too.

Nice set of missions. Lots of weird (but interesting) stuff going on in the first, and the second mission looks great. (Question for mission 2: I read in the thread that one place where a ladder goes up to an attic hatch, it can't be opened - that there is no attic. Is this the case for both such places?
    Last edited by jiansonz; 21st Nov 2013 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    You can visit this place before all the other objectives are done, and rummage around as you please. I found some bananas and fire arrows there, too.

Nice set of missions. Lots of weird (but interesting) stuff going on in the first, and the second missions looks great. (Question for missioon 2: I read in the thread that one place where a ladder goes up to an attic hatch, it can't be opened - that there is no attic. Is this the case for both such places?
    Thankyou, glad you enjoyed them. Yes, as far as I know, there are no accessible attics.

Good looking mission Darth, though I couldn't find enough loot to proceed. Still 600 short. Huh. Getting blind in my old age, I guess.

Jumped into the loading docks near the mansion hoping for more. Just dead end (and flying) doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Good looking mission Darth, though I couldn't find enough loot to proceed. Still 600 short. Huh. Getting blind in my old age, I guess.

Jumped into the loading docks near the mansion hoping for more. Just dead end (and flying) doors.
    I can only take credit for the ship harbour, Pedro is the Artist, but thankyou for your compliments. Did you Dive under water at the docks, and did you get all of the loot in the Restarurant? The Doctor's house?

Questions, oh yes.

Questions, questions. I have been playing v5, hard, now for about 2 hrs and am confused to say the least. I haven't seen any notification of mission 1 ending but am sure I did everything to complete. Early on I was exploring the factory area where the radioactive material is located so maybe that had something to do with the mission not ending.
    Anyway, I have met the following objectives: stolen the regeneration canisters and enhancer prototype; found Mr Gonnie: and met the loot requirement.
    What I need to do: destroy the human enhancer canisters: and destroy the 2 main sets of pipes.

I have no clue how to go about this and the postings thus far have not helped me. Admittingly, I would not have gotten as far as I have without some hints. I must be dense or something as much of what I'm doing is not making sense to me. Also, there is a ladder on the second floor of the factory that goes nowhere. does it? Can the green beast be killed or ko'd?

I rarely ever give up on an FM but I find this one confusing. Nicely done graphically but I guess I prefer the classic Thief themes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Questions, questions. I have been playing v5, hard, now for about 2 hrs and am confused to say the least. I haven't seen any notification of mission 1 ending but am sure I did everything to complete. Early on I was exploring the factory area where the radioactive material is located so maybe that had something to do with the mission not ending.
    Anyway, I have met the following objectives: stolen the regeneration canisters and enhancer prototype; found Mr Gonnie: and met the loot requirement.
    What I need to do: destroy the human enhancer canisters: and destroy the 2 main sets of pipes.

I have no clue how to go about this and the postings thus far have not helped me. Admittingly, I would not have gotten as far as I have without some hints. I must be dense or something as much of what I'm doing is not making sense to me. Also, there is a ladder on the second floor of the factory that goes nowhere. does it? Can the green beast be killed or ko'd?

I rarely ever give up on an FM but I find this one confusing. Nicely done graphically but I guess I prefer the classic Thief themes.
    Hi Bobber, okay,go back to the radioactive factory area, and go to where you see a checkered floor, and looks like the walls have been blown away. Go up the stairs, and at the top of the stairs you will come to an office window. Go thru the window, and look for small arcing switch at the base of the book shelf near the safe. Throw that, and go out the office door, and to your left. Go up the ladder to the attic and grab the two bombs. To place the first bomb go back to the creature pen area. The monster you were talking about. (No, the two monsters cannot be knocked out) You can find 2 invisible potions, and one of them is in the restroom near the Creature Pens.) Go inside the main Pen area where both creatures duke it out, and find the vertical sliding door that leads into the laboratory, you will see a danger sign near the glass panel on the floor. Drop one of your bombs there. When you drop it, you won't be able to pick it up again. Move away quickly as you only have 5 seconds before it blows. The other glass panel with a danger sign near it is in the upper Mech lab. Take the elevator back up to get to it. To destroy the five canisters, you will also do this in the Radioactive factory near where you picked up the bombs in the attic. The machine is located in the corner on the main floor. Throw the jump switch, and make a save game, before you drop the canisters in the machine. If the objective doesn't tick off with the five canister, reload, and do it again. Once you have those three things completed, if you haven't been to the exit area which is located near the Well. (the well you climbed up to using the rope)

Thanks darthsLair, that should help a lot!

Sorry to report that the I cannot get the timed bombs to work. They remain frobbable despite where I drop them on the Danger panels. All else is completed. Thanks for the help! Any ideas?
    Last edited by bobber; 27th Nov 2013 at 14:36. Reason: added spoiler cover

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast