TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 NEW DARK MISSION: "Mechanists on the rise" v0.7 (06/10/14)

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Sorry to report that the I cannot get the timed bombs to work. They remain frobbable despite where I drop them on the Danger panels. All else is completed. Thanks for the help! Any ideas?
    Hi Bobber, you must drop the bombs on the glass floor panels. The danger floor sign just marks the floor panels as a target.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi Bobber, you must drop the bombs on the glass floor panels. The danger floor sign just marks the floor panels as a target.
    Duh! That works.

Hi guys, I got stuck at the beginning

Found the secret way in Garrett's apartment and got to a small tunnel with the dead spider and a skeleton. I can't find a way out of there . Wonder if it's not that I lack some kinda script or something

Quote Originally Posted by Yamatotakeru View Post
    Hi guys, I got stuck at the beginning

Found the secret way in Garrett's apartment and got to a small tunnel with the dead spider and a skeleton. I can't find a way out of there . Wonder if it's not that I lack some kinda script or something
    There is a switch above the ground grate behind the plants, frob that and the grate should open. Once in the Water pool, frob the 2 water levers on the pipes. Go up out of the water, and go into the small passages, look for small arcing levers near the lights.That should get you going.

Thank you! I really did miss that one !

OMG what a great FM

Quote Originally Posted by Yamatotakeru View Post
    Thank you! I really did miss that one !

OMG what a great FM
    Thank you for the kind words and for playing

It is I who should thank you ! I'm at the mechanists' quarters now and I love it! The atmosphere, the architecture and gameplay are all superb. It's like Thief + System Shock .

I also just learned that there are more than one mission, so really guys, thank you a lot .

Pedro, your mailbox is full, so I cannot PM you.

I'm just now starting the walkthrough on Mechanists on the Rise and have a couple of questions:

1. Was this a collaboration of all three of you (cardia1, darthsLair & Ravenhook)?

2. The text file is scrambled in DarkLoader. However, it looks fine in a text editor. When I saved it as RotM.rtf, the problem disappeared.

3. At the top of the readme, it says, 12/06/2011 updated to v0.2 - 15/07/2011

4. Is it called, Rise of the Mechanists or Mechanists on the Rise? I saw both titles being used on the forum.

5. miss20.mis was compiled with only quick lighting. Was this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Pedro, your mailbox is full, so I cannot PM you.

I'm just now starting the walkthrough on Mechanists on the Rise and have a couple of questions:

1. Was this a collaboration of all three of you (cardia1, darthsLair & Ravenhook)?

2. The text file is scrambled in DarkLoader. However, it looks fine in a text editor. When I saved it as RotM.rtf, the problem disappeared.

3. At the top of the readme, it says, 12/06/2011 updated to v0.2 - 15/07/2011

4. Is it called, Rise of the Mechanists or Mechanists on the Rise? I saw both titles being used on the forum.

5. miss20.mis was compiled with only quick lighting. Was this intentional?

Hi Terry,

1.Yes, by Pedro, Me, and Ravenhook
    2.If you would like, I can convert the text to .rtf
    3.The readme should say updated to version 0.5 17th Nov 2013
    4.It is called "Rise of the Mechanists"
    5.It was probably just overlooked, as Pedro was using 32x lighting

Also, the Russian files are all in the books folder, which is odd. Those should be in their own zip file and placed in the root directory.

For DarkLoader, instead of lumping everything under a single text file, where those who speak different languages have to scroll through looking for their stuff, the best way is to create separate "read me" files. FMInfo-EN.rtf for English, FMInfo-De.rtf for German, etcetera. That way, when someone from Mars clicks on the FM, the Martian text is already there, ready for their attention. Kind of a respect thing, IMHO. It shows that a certain amount of care was taken in presenting the thing to an international community.

FMSel may handle these things differently, but I'm too bogged down with other stuff to give a balanced response.

Sounds like a new revision is in order. Thanks for reporting this Terry.

Hint

Hello Taffers
    I'm a bit lost in that amazing mission. Can't find Bombs. May I please for a few hints? I Destroyed 5 canisters, founded missed guy and regenerations canister..

Big thanks to authors for providing so much amazing architecture!

Quote Originally Posted by Bielow View Post
    Hello Taffers
    I'm a bit lost in that amazing mission. Can't find Bombs. May I please for a few hints? I Destroyed 5 canisters, founded missed guy and regenerations canister..

Big thanks to authors for providing so much amazing architecture!
    Pedro is the great Artist!

Hi, go back to the radioactive area where you destroyed the Canisters.

go back to the radioactive factory area, and go to where you see a checkered floor, and looks like the walls have been blown away. Go up the stairs, and at the top of the stairs you will come to an office window. Go thru the window, and look for small arcing switch at the base of the book shelf near the safe. Throw that, and go out the office door, and to your left. Go up the ladder to the attic and grab the two bombs.

If you can't find where to place Bombs To place the first bomb go back to the creature pen area. The monster you were talking about. (No, the two monsters cannot be knocked out) You can find 2 invisible potions, and one of them is in the restroom near the Creature Pens.) Go inside the main Pen area where both creatures duke it out, and find the vertical sliding door that leads into the laboratory, you will see a danger sign near the glass panel on the floor. Drop one of your bombs there. When you drop it, you won't be able to pick it up again. Move away quickly as you only have 5 seconds before it blows. The other glass panel with a danger sign near it is in the upper Mech lab. Take the elevator back up to get to it.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 28th Dec 2013 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi, go back to the radioactive area where you destroyed the Canisters.

go back to the radioactive factory area, and go to where you see a checkered floor, and looks like the walls have been blown away. Go up the stairs, and at the top of the stairs you will come to an office window. Go thru the window, and look for small arcing switch at the base of the book shelf near the safe. Throw that, and go out the office door, and to your left. Go up the ladder to the attic and grab the two bombs.
    Woow! Thank You DarthsLair for answer! How I missed that switch! Blind me.. Now everything is clear!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just finishing mission 1, but I'm short on loot. Any tricky locations? I'm playing on Headache, and have about 3000 out of the 3500 required. Feel like I've scoured the place, running out of places to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Just finishing mission 1, but I'm short on loot. Any tricky locations? I'm playing on Headache, and have about 3000 out of the 3500 required. Feel like I've scoured the place, running out of places to look.
    Hi Mike, try the plants, or flower beds throughout the mission. There are a couple flowers in the Mech Lab Upper area. In the Restroom next to the generator room adjacent the Cistern, there are some rings hidden in the soap bars.

Also, the Russian files are all in the books folder, which is odd. Those should be in their own zip file and placed in the root directory.

For DarkLoader, instead of lumping everything under a single text file, where those who speak different languages have to scroll through looking for their stuff, the best way is to create separate "read me" files. FMInfo-EN.rtf for English, FMInfo-De.rtf for German, etcetera. That way, when someone from Mars clicks on the FM, the Martian text is already there, ready for their attention. Kind of a respect thing, IMHO. It shows that a certain amount of care was taken in presenting the thing to an international community.

FMSel may handle these things differently, but I'm too bogged down with other stuff to give a balanced response.
    Will someone show me how to set up the Russian Language zip? I want to correct this a.s.a.p so it can be enjoyed in the other languages. Or, point me to an fm that uses: English,German,Russian, so I can see how it supposed to be setup. (The Entire Directory) Thanks!

The Black Frog and Crooked Town are two that come to mind. You have the zip set up correctly; it just needs to go into the root directory. Copy the top line from Crooked Town's FMInfo-En.rtf into your own so that Russian players know its there.

The Black Frog and Crooked Town are two that come to mind. You have the zip set up correctly; it just needs to go into the root directory. Copy the top line from Crooked Town's FMInfo-En.rtf into your own so that Russian players know its there.
    Thanks Terry, I'm on it!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The Drymian Codex also has Russian, but as Terry said it's just a ZIP sitting in the root of your mission ZIP file, so just let people know your mission supports Russian in the readme.

In Darkloader I am having a problem with the German books(.Str) displaying instead of English. In fm-selector everything is fine. The readme is english only, and I never saw a German readme anywhere. I converted the text readme to .rtf Any ideas? Thanks!

If this can be resolved, then I will upload the new version 0.6. Makes me wish I had the German, and Russian edition of Thief 2.

Edit: I think I know what I missed: Intrface/english/newgame.str and Intrface/miss20/english

Edit: Nope, this didn't correct it either. Still, books in German, not English. Runs perfect in fm-selector.
    The darkinst.cfg is configured for english.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 31st Dec 2013 at 18:58.

Check the file structures via Explorer. Under books, there should be a German and an English sub-folder. Same with intrface, the mission directory(s), and the strings folder. Only the strings folder should have files (missflag.str, Titles.str, objnames.str) as well as a German and English directory. The previously mentioned folders should contain ONLY sub-folders.

Now when DL installs a mission for an English player, the English folders & sub-folders disappear. The files within them are placed in the respective parent directories. So looking at an installed mission under Thief 2, for example, you should see books/German but no English folder. Instead, all of the English .strs are showing in the Books folder. This is true for all of the other folders involving foreign languages.

When you get this fixed I'll explain how to fix it so that the correct mission name shows up under DarkLoader. right now, it's showing up as Hermworth (or something like that).

Revised edition for German,Russian Language v0.6

Okay it is right now. I followed your Crooked Town and Russ' Drymian Codex for the file structures.

Anyway it still works perfect in fm-selector, and the .rtf readme shows properly in Darkloader v4.3

Thanks Terry, and Russ!

Here is version 0.6-Directory structure repaired for German, and Russian languages.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_k...it?usp=sharing

I won't expect anyone to host it, until the Languages have been verified.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 1st Jan 2014 at 09:37.

Thanks for the update!

Hmmmm... some details still do not make any sense to me.

The russian books in russian.zip should be located in books directly, instead of books\english, because russian players will extract the ZIP on top of the installed mission (whic, as Ricebug explained, should no longer have any english subfolder after install)

Currently the german sounds are in snd\German\. (e.g.: snd\German\Garrett\German).
    I have no idea how the game should be able to find them!
    They should be placed like this instead: snd\Garrett\german
    And the english ones like : snd\Garrett\english

Please note that there are a couple of common ambient sounds, though (which means that no specific german sound was required).
    e.g.: snd\Garrett\gar0101.wav-gar0108.wav.
    They need to stay in snd\Garrett directly.

The rule for proper file-placement is simple:
    - any file that is subject to translation must reside in language specific folders ONLY
    - any file that is NOT subject to translation should reside in the respective root folder ONLY

As a result, all those 'fall-back' files should be removed, since they are superseded by language specific files anyway.
    e.g.:

intrface\NEWGAME.str
    intrface\miss20\GOALS.str
    intrface\miss21\GOALS.str
    strings\Objnames.str
    strings\TITLES.str

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    The russian books in russian.zip should be located in books directly, instead of books\english, because russian players will extract the ZIP on top of the installed mission
    It sounds like you're saying there are TWO zip files. Everything Russian is zipped up and tossed into the root directory, which includes the books files.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast