TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kingdom Come - Deliverance

Sheesh, I wonder what they were planning on doing where 300k wasn't enough.

Indeed, but you'll be even more shocked when you read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Boardcubator campaign update #19
    There’s more than just one reason that led to the cancellation of this campaign. First and foremost, we need to acknowledge that even though the funding goal has been met–it does not meet the realistic costs of the project. Bluntly speaking, we did not have the confidence to showcase the real goal of ~1.5 million euros (which would be around 10k backers) in a crowdfunding world where “Funded in XY minutes!” is a regular highlight. In the overall mix of other unfortunate events, this leads to not only the cancellation of the project but also of Boardcubator as a whole.
    1.5 million euros is one hell of a budget for a board game! Especially for one that relies so heavily on a mobile app. It seems quite unrealistic to me. Also, why set the initial goal to 100.000€ when you actually need fifteen times that much? I learned today that setting a low initial goal is a common strategy in crowdfunding, but that low, really? There's something that just feels a bit off here.

Apparently they've already been working on the game for three years (maybe that's why they need the money, plus the license for the IP may be expensive?) so it'd be a real shame if this project never got released in some form. It looks like quite a finished product already judging by the video reviews online, and those reviews have mostly been very positive too. Hopefully they'll find a way to get their game out. I need more KCD, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    1.5 million euros is one hell of a budget for a board game! Especially for one that relies so heavily on a mobile app. It seems quite unrealistic to me. Also, why set the initial goal to 100.000€ when you actually need fifteen times that much? I learned today that setting a low initial goal is a common strategy in crowdfunding, but that low, really? There's something that just feels a bit off here.
    It's a little dishonest, but a solid crowdfunding drive makes it much easier to raise additional money from traditional sources (publishers, banks). If they had made, say, half the 1.5M euros, they probably could have secured the rest as a loan. Personally, I come away from this with a positive impression, since it's a nice contrast from projects that won't admit their crowdfunding goal is inadequate to their ambitions.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456