TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a VR HEADSET on my FACE! :D

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Now *this* has me intrigued.

Definitely, that looks very cool.

On my end, I've been SPRINTIN' TO DA VECTAAAAA!

Or something. This is my morning workout now.

So how is Sprint Vector with regards to motion sickness?

I have motion sickness issues with free motion, in particular rotating free motion, so with the Oculus I definitely use the snap turning and teleport methods of travel. Does using your arms as propulsion help with that?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I'm quite sensetive to motion sickness in VR too, but I'm glad to report that I've felt none of it in Sprint Vector. There is snap turning, but there's also a "drift move" with smooth turning. Even the drift move is modulated by hand movement tho, holding your hand closer to yourself causes tighter turns. Tying all the movement to hand motions I think helps a lot with reducing sickness.

PRO TIPS for new Sprint Vector players:
    - do all the tutorials first.
    - then do Challenge Maps, not Single Player races. The Challenge Maps are much clearer, less chaotic, and more fun early on.

Thing What Kicks
    Woah!
    Haptic glove in development. Big and chunky at the moment, but looking very cool:

Found myself thinking it's such a shame Lionhead aren't around any more to make a Black & White sequel using this tech.
    Last edited by Malf; 2nd Mar 2018 at 08:18.

Thanks henke. I'll need to try out Sprint Vector. I'm looking for a new game, once I finally finish The Mage's Tale.

So Oculus wouldn't start for about a day, because some idiot forgot to have their certificate counter-signed by Microsoft for 2 years.
    Anyway, here's the fix.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I noticed that when I couldn't go for my Sprint Vector cyber-jog this morning. It's Oculus fault I'm still fat!

Just got a mail from them saying they'll give everyone a $15 Store credit because of this tho, so I forgive them.

We’re very sorry for the disruption today. We’re providing a $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) to people impacted by this issue. If you used Rift on or after February 1st, 2018 this credit will be added to your account automatically within the next 7 days.

Thing What Kicks
    Interesting. I was using the Rift on Saturday, but it was working fine. Wonder if I still get free money...

I think you do - they have no way of knowing who tried and failed to start the app up yesterday. I just got that email too.
    And the reason it was only acting up since yesterday and not Saturday was that the Oculus service dll had a certificate that expired. Microsoft needs to countersign these to make them permanently valid, otherwise they last for 2 years. It's been 2 years since the app was first distributed, apparently.
    You could've worked around it by setting your clock a few days earlier, but there's a lot of other software that could've messed up.

Thing What Kicks
    Was quite fun actually. Had the plumber round, and he fessed up he was a bit of a gamer, so after he'd finished I let him have a go on the Rift. He'd never had the chance to see VR before.
    Of course, I forgot that I'd disabled boundary walls, with only the floor boundary showing up, which resulted in the poor guy colliding with furniture while having a go on Superhot.

He left determined to get a gaming PC and Rift

Ooh, Skyrim VR for PC is going to have out-of-the-box Rift support. Steam page here.

Also, that Oculus store credit is probably in everyone's accounts now. It should be $15, €13, or 11.

Ooh! Great opportunity for me to start but not finish another version of Skyrim!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Folks, Sprint Vector is really good. It's risen in my estimation over the past couple weeks to become one of my favourite VR games. It's gone from a novel-but-tough experience, to a workout, to 3 multiplayer sessions per day and something I genuinely enjoy as a game. It's not as easy to pick up and get into as most other great VR games(like Superhot VR), and thus not a great game to show off to visiting friends. You do need to do all the tutorials and a fair bit of practice to start really enjoying it (and winning matches). Initially I cursed Survios for making it this complex and not just making a fun and accessible thing, but the further into it I get the more I'm seeing that they did the right thing. This is no mere experience, this is a god damn video game right here.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hey look at that, a video I actually put some effort into! (for a change)

Did I mention I love this game? Because I love this game.

Also, I picked up "In Death" with my Oculus money, tho I haven't played it yet.

Wow. I'm getting queasy just watching that in its tiny youtube embed.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Buddy, I'm tellin ya, it's 100% queez-free! Unlike In Death which, oddly enough, has been giving me a bit of a tummy-ache, despite having teleport-movement. A shame too since I'm really digging the gameplay in it.

Well, I went and bought you, so I'm holding you personally responsible, henke, for any pain, nausea or other kind of discomfort I may feel while playing Sprint Vector. You will hear from my lawyers.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Well, I went and bought you
    YOU WHAT >:U

but seriously

Let me reiterate my Sprint Vector beginner tips from earlier in the thread: 1) do all the tutorials, 2) then do the Challenge Maps, they're much easier (and fun) to navigate early on than the race-tracks.

Fuck, I hate it when Freud co-writes my posts...

Anyway, thanks for reposting your beginners' tips - exactly what I'll need.

Edit: Also, what *am* I supposed to do when you're 60% off on Steam, henke?

Thing What Kicks
    Okay, I've just sprung for it too. I sweat lots anyhoo, so if I ever play with you fellas, just know I'll probably be nekkid. Yeeeah.

I, for one, will not be indecent naked in any of your virtual presences.

Alright, guess I'll get on those challenges in preparation for racing you guys.

Thing What Kicks
    Christ, you weren't kidding henke!
    That really IS a workout.

As predicted, I had to lose the trousers half-way through :E

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha, I usually play it first thing in the morning, which means I already am in underwear, and then take a shower afterwards.

Thing What Kicks
    I also fired up Sairento for the first time last night, and that's great fun. Takes a while to get used to the movement, but leaping about chopping stuff up is great. And it's amazing how well the locomotion systems work, with no queasiness whatsoever. There was an initial sense of vertigo in the training section when falling, but that quickly disappeared once I started the game proper.

Mind you, even with a decent sized play space, I found myself up against the boundaries a lot, and it's prime tanglefoot stuff.

Thing What Kicks
    Ooooo, Battlezone's got a free weekend!
    Gonna have to give that a go. I've been eyeing it for a while.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732333435363738394041 ... LastLast