TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,134 of 1134

Thread: There's a VR HEADSET on my FACE! :D

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm sorry to say, but I've barely bought or played any VR games this year. Only bought Derail Valley, plus a few in the summer sale. And the ones I've played have mostly been old faves Beat Saber and Elite Dangerous. But I did picked up Stormland when it came out on Thursday.

Here's some gameplay:

It's by Insomniac, they who did the PS4 Spider-Man game, plus VR titles Edge of Nowhere and Unspoken. It's an open-world FPS. There's a bit of stealth involved, but mostly just in how you can sneak up and stake out enemy camps before springing into action. The movement modes include climbing, gliding, and cloudsurfing, and are all good stuff. You can upgrade your abilities and guns as it goes. The story is so-so and the mission-design is mainly just "go here, kill baddies". It's a good thing the core gameplay systems are strong enough to carry it. Like all VR games with smooth locomotion, I do get a bit queasy playing it, so I'm limiting my sessions to 30-45min.

It's got co-op, so if anyone wants to team up, lemme know!

I’m totally up for that some time once I’m back from my hols.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Still playing Stormland in bits and pieces, but I also picked up Pistol Whip yesterday and I've already played through all the songs on Easy. It is so good.

Here's some of those lovely mixed reality videos.

Folks are getting ambitious with these!

The soundtrack is bangin' too, "The Grave" is my fave.

I played a couple of songs in Pistol Whip yesterday but it didn't immediately grab me. Perhaps my problem is that I expected it to be something of a mix of Beat Saber (for the rhythmy part) and Superhot (for the stylish shootery), but at least on easy it didn't feel like the shooting was particularly tied to the rhythm of the song, added to which it really bothered me that I only had to do the vaguest, least motivated attempt of aiming and I'd still hit the enemies.

Did it click for you pretty much immediately, henke?

I also got started on Stormland, though my first impression was also a bit meh. Most likely it's because I was very tired after a 36-hour return trip, but I felt that some of the things Stormland does (mainly giving you a body and the whole inverse kinematics thing) it does less well than Lone Echo, so my first impression was more janky than I'd hoped. I will return to it next weekend, though, hopefully after having had some more sleep.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I liked Pistol Whip right away. The shooting isn't timed automatically to the music or anything, you gotta time it yourself. Your beat score determines how in sync you are. Might help if you're into the style of music as well.

Let's try some Stormland co-op next weekend!

I'll have to see if I can get far enough in the game in time for some coop next weekend, but some time soon, definitely!

Yup, I should now be able to coop in Stormland. Looking forward to meeting up with you in VR, henke!

I've also finished the Professional level in Dirt Rally (a surprise second place!) and decided to call it a day for now. It's a great rally racer, but I've seen enough of those particular courses for now. I've got a bunch of single-player games and short experiences that I want to play, but before long I'll also want to return to Skyrim VR.

Boneworks is out and Thirith's got it.
    It looks impressive, but is it fun to play?

I’ll only be able to check it out on Friday or Saturday. Will report back once I have.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546