TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    New mantling is enabled...and I can climb up on the railings but the game freezes as I turn the corner of the building, I tried it with the old T2 trick of turning off all but one of the processors cores but it still freezes up..never mind.
    I got this advice from one taffer, try it: delete/rezise Obj/Txt16/DwoodCrat3.png - this texture has invalid resolution. And this object near from critical place. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I got this advice from one taffer, try it: delete/rezise Obj/Txt16/DwoodCrat3.png - this texture has invalid resolution. And this object near from critical place. Good luck.
    My rig freezes up as well - I have only gotten as far as standing on top of the open window at the start. My problem has something to do with shooting a vine arrow; two outside and it freezes, one inside, and it freezes before the arrow can leave the bow!

Ok this is a beautiful but frustrating mission, I am stuck without the item thatgoes into the slot in the room next to where the ape man patrols I have restarted and I have gotten a little farther. I cannot find the key to the little safe at beginning? and I cannot get the grate covering the last switch to open.

maybe i got a error in my mission? i see the one gate i can climb but it does nothing

can someone please make a youtube video of this missions so i can see with my eye what i am missing or what is errored with mission

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Ok this is a beautiful but frustrating mission, I am stuck without the item thatgoes into the slot in the room next to where the ape man patrols I have restarted and I have gotten a little farther. I cannot find the key to the little safe at beginning? and I cannot get the grate covering the last switch to open.
    you need to do what i did goto building with tall blue windows,the one above the clothes line you can walk on can be locked picked once you mantle upto it

then you are where i am stuck after that

okay, seriously: I need help
    I've spent the better part of an hour trying to get up the buildings, and only found a purse sitting beside a parchment I can't read. Am I even on the right track? I don't know where i"m supposed to be going...

edit: part of the problem is that I keep getting thrown off buildings and walkways by unusual angles - is this a widespread problem?
    I've found a window to swashbuckle my way through, and now I'm lost in the vents
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 28th Feb 2014 at 01:09. Reason: made some progress

i will post this since no one seems to want to,this is a very challenging mission for pros only in my view,at least i am playing on garrett skill and you will have to think outside the box on this mission,doing thins probably no other mission has you do

i hope more people make missions like this,i been needing a good challenge

also i will say alot of the area you got to access look like they can not be interacted with so be sure to frob anything you can get close too

and yes i am still stuck but i am close to the end i can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie_Pagan View Post
    i will post this since no one seems to want to,this is a very challenging mission for pros only in my view,at least i am playing on garrett skill and you will have to think outside the box on this mission,doing thins probably no other mission has you do
    dear god, yes it is! it feels like an old-school pixel-perfect platformer (where you have to jump from exactly the right place, at the right speed, and land on exactly the right inch) crossed with that old crate-stacking FM (requiring exploitative knowledge of the Dark Engine to complete).

I've managed to get all the keys, killed everyone, and made my way up to Goliath's walkway but I haven't found a way to access the control panel or the elevator.
    help, please?

you are now stuck at the same spot as me,the clue i got was go to area where elevator is one of the gates lets you climb it,but i was not able to figure out what to do on there,i was told think like a monkey but that did no good as i checked entire room already from that over head walkway,i even looked for a button to hit with arrow but i dont see squat lol,and when you first drop in floor area by elevator i still cant open that grate and i can get the crystals with 2 gas mines either,i think there is either a mini switch down there somewhere or some devious switch puzzle where you have to set some levers up and down=i hope not,or it is so obvious we are just missing it

i love this mission as you cant over look anything or you just might miss something huge,just wish the mission was like bigger so i can get stuck a million times

MrMunkeepants - I got stuck in exactly the same place and, thanks to Soul Tear, finally found my way:

Hint: Stand back and look at the five non-frobbable gates and "spot the difference".

Outright spoiler: The last gate, opposite the elevator, has a bar missing at the top - you can mantle up and over into the control panel area!

The game was freezing whenever I went round to the far side of the building opposite the window (and it happened whether I went round from the left side or from the right side), freezing my PC in the process.

This advice seems to have cured it. I went into the folder Thief2/Obj/Txt16 and renamed DwoodCrat3.png to DwoodCrat3.bak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    MrMunkeepants - I got stuck in exactly the same place and, thanks to Soul Tear, finally found my way:

Hint: Stand back and look at the five non-frobbable gates and "spot the difference".

Outright spoiler: The last gate, opposite the elevator, has a bar missing at the top - you can mantle up and over into the control panel area!

Well, I'm in, I passed through the bars, after some pushing. But I need the key machine. Where to find the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    Well, I'm in, I passed through the bars, after some pushing. But I need the key machine. Where to find the key?
    Post #30.

you are now stuck at the same spot as me,the clue i got was go to area where elevator is one of the gates lets you climb it,but i was not able to figure out what to do on there,i was told think like a monkey but that did no good as i checked entire room already from that over head walkway,i even looked for a button to hit with arrow but i dont see squat lol,and when you first drop in floor area by elevator i still cant open that grate and i can get the crystals with 2 gas mines either,i think there is either a mini switch down there somewhere or some devious switch puzzle where you have to set some levers up and down=i hope not,or it is so obvious we are just missing it
    In the vents: small switch above the one of the green panel opposite pipes.

And also read: post #35

Try to find a crate or something heavy.
    Soul Tear: I've found one, but where do I go with it? I can seea window across the roof ladder, near where the fence is broken, but I can't find a way down. There appears to be an invisible barrier there. Am I on the wrong track?

As usual - found a way just after posting!!!! Doh. Now where can I find the key to that control panel?
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 28th Feb 2014 at 08:47.

Deleting it worked...I didn't know how to resize it and after I turned the corner I could see one of the two planks crossing a piece of catwalk had no texture so I guess that is the faulty bugger...for reference it is the outer of the two planks.

mission update wow i did it i got to the end,but i am short 2k loot where could it be?

i love this mission,so amazing

3/5 secrets i wonder where the 2 i missed are,i know i got one under walkway planks i broke,and ofcourse the one you throw a box to open wood boarding up window,i forgot third one i got but probaly in last area before forest
    Last edited by downwinder; 28th Feb 2014 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Soul Tear: I've found one, but where do I go with it? I can seea window across the roof ladder, near where the fence is broken, but I can't find a way down. There appears to be an invisible barrier there. Am I on the wrong track?
    By dint of the crate can be broken plywood on one of the windows.

As usual - found a way just after posting!!!! Doh. Now where can I find the key to that control panel?

First you need to find the vents. Look for the floor hatch.

Ok I am still stuck any help? Where is so called building with tall blue windows that is supposed to have a frobbable window? Can someone tell me where this building is from the start position? and I still need the object in the above spoiler.

mission update wow i did it i got to the end,but i am short 2k loot where could it be?

i love this mission,so amazing

3/5 secrets i wonder where the 2 i missed are,i know i got one under walkway planks i broke,and ofcourse the one you throw a box to open wood boarding up window,i forgot third one i got but probaly in last area before forest
    One of them Mr. Carnelius's office.
    One in the forest: trunk of the fallen tree.

And still some loot here and there

Ok I am still stuck any help? Where is so called building with tall blue windows that is supposed to have a frobbable window? Can someone tell me where this building is from the start position? and I still need the object in the above spoiler.
    This building in SE area of the city. There you will find the key

About last switch looks like this author's rudiment.
    Last edited by Soul Tear; 28th Feb 2014 at 13:26.

By dint of the crate can be broken plywood on one of the windows.

First you need to find the vents. Look for the floor hatch.
    Soul Tear: Been all through vents, activated switches and got goodies.

So you find the key?

I never figured out the goodies in the vents, but went ahead anyway - and now am short on loot at the end
    nice twist, gorgeous locations, just frustratingly hard!

The author has provided an update to this mission, it is now at version 1.1. Get it here:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...rEdgesV1.1.zip

@ticky - can you update the OP in this thread?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast