TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

I didn't know post-due-date patches were allowed? Doesn't that kind of negate the point of a due date, or is this just a bug fix patch?
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 28th Feb 2014 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    So you find the key?
    No. I shall look again. I found a grate that opens onto a steep drop, but didn't manage to open the grate to get to the lever that is right in front of you when you first enter the vent system.

MrMunkeepants: See Post #39

OK I got a little farther got the anti magic crystal But I still cannot get the last switch or get to the elevator?? can someone give a better spoiler? Thanks ahead of time.

Master Builder 2018
    I wish I could help but I haven't made it that far yet. I'm still trying to find the safe key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I wish I could help but I haven't made it that far yet. I'm still trying to find the safe key.
    Tannar: When you start go to the right and get on the clothes line and mantle up to the blue window it is pickable It took me a long while to find it!!

Brethren: what is in the update??

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks, I had that key already but for some reason I thought it was the key to the machine you put the crystal in.

This mission is so frustrating that it reminds me of making a lock pick that takes 34 minutes to open. I have been through the vents turned switches on and off twice. None of it makes a lick of sense to me. I still can't get to the goodies in the vents. When I try to take the Gem stone I am reminded to finish my work here. I am assuming he means the vents. What am I missing?

Master Builder 2018
    Use the empty bag in your inventory on the gemstone.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    This mission is so frustrating that it reminds me of making a lock pick that takes 34 minutes to open. I have been through the vents turned switches on and off twice. None of it makes a lick of sense to me. I still can't get to the goodies in the vents. When I try to take the Gem stone I am reminded to finish my work here. I am assuming he means the vents. What am I missing?
    See post #39 for a hint.....

I'm totally stuck in the vents right after the room where the three haunts and the patrolling apebeast were. I pulled some switches, but there is still one that I can't switch because it's behind a closed grate.
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Mar 2014 at 06:06. Reason: spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I'm totally stuck in the vents right after the room where the three haunts and the patrolling apebeast were. I pulled some switches, but there is still one that I can't switch because it's behind a closed grate.
    I don't think that one is accessible. To get the loot in the vents, look for a tiny switch in a green-lit panel opposite some pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I don't think that one is accessible. To get the loot in the vents, look for a tiny switch in a green-lit panel opposite some pipes.
    Yes, I've got that, too, thanks. But can't proceed!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Yes, I've got that, too, thanks. But can't proceed!
    I don't think you progress by navigating through the vents. You progress by removing the crystal.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 1st Mar 2014 at 10:47.

On my way finally The forest is AMAZING!! After a very slow and frustrating start I can see what a great mission this is

How is this mission supposed to end? There is a hole in the forest where you're told it's safe to spend the night. Is that it, or is that a trap? I don't have enough loot, but I'd like to know.

I guess that is the end for now because if you have enough loot the mission ends. This will be a great start for the next installment!!

WOW! Thanks to the builder!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I guess that is the end for now because if you have enough loot the mission ends. This will be a great start for the next installment!!

WOW! Thanks to the builder!!
    It's fine that some people enjoyed this, but I have to say I didn't. For me the mission required far too many re-loads from saved games to be fun.

Yes the first part was frustrating. I think if the drain pipes on the outside of the buildings were climbable it would have helped out a lot!! I tried to use some of them and DIED!! But once I got to the forest I was amazed at the layout. I hope the builder will continue this series!!

I'm afraid I have to agree with Marbrien.
    Shame, since a lot of work obviously went into this.

Master Builder 2018
    How is this mission supposed to end? There is a hole in the forest where you're told it's safe to spend the night. Is that it, or is that a trap? I don't have enough loot, but I'd like to know.
    You can use a vine arrow to get back out of there and go hunt for loot.

A big THANK YOU to the author!
    What a challanging mission !!!
    In my opinion it is built very clever, with beautiful textures (especially the forest). The gameplay however is very hard (and sometimes even a bit frustrating).
    Couldn't finish it properly, because I didn't find all the loot.

Is there maybe a way to get a lootlist (and secrets list) ??? Would be great.

Thanks again!
    Urumo

I don't think you progress by navigating through the vents. You progress by removing the crystal.
    Removing the crystal from where? I'm running in circles in the vents, may I go back out where I came from (the streets and rooftops)?

Master Builder 2018
    Did you find a grate that opened to the outside, with a long drop in front of you? If not, keep pulling levers and searching until you do. Once you've found it, you need to lean out and mantle up onto the open grate. From there you can shoot vine arrows into the statues above you. That should get you going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Did you find a grate that opened to the outside, with a long drop in front of you? If not, keep pulling levers and searching until you do. Once you've found it, you need to lean out and mantle up onto the open grate. From there you can shoot vine arrows into the statues above you. That should get you going.
    Yes, and thank you for your help. Now I have two haunt keys but still don't know what to do. Even been in the room behind the blue, pickable window.

Need help !

How can I go trought the gate that I can climb ? Im not a expert and Im not Houdini !
    Just a normal player !!!

Greetings from Brazil !

Carlos Schmidt

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast