TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    How can I go trough the gate that I can climb ?
    Don't try to climb all the way up. Just climb up about half-way and then mantle up (hold "jump" key down).

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Yes, and thank you for your help. Now I have two haunt keys but still don't know what to do. Even been in the room behind the blue, pickable window.
    In that case, have you been back to the starting room and opened the safe? If not, that would probably be the next thing to do. Then take a look at this post and my post above this one.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I didn't know post-due-date patches were allowed? Doesn't that kind of negate the point of a due date, or is this just a bug fix patch?
    It is generally not a problem, providing the fm was fully beta tested prior to the release. Bugs will generally show up during a public run through because of all of the different configurations in T2 directories, Video Cards and settings. All of the varieties in ram, and memory usage. With NewDark high resolution textures can be a problem for older machines, so some allowances must be made to try to make an fm playable for all. If too many updates are made it can be hard on the host to manage the different versions, and to keep them sorted.

There may be one or two more entries possibly this week's end. The contests are generally pretty laid back, giving everyone more fms to play. The more the merrier!

I really like this mission! Very challenging, but that's a compliment.
    Found 3503 loot, almost 2000 off the maximum. Found 3/5 secrets. I did not manage to:
    1) Reach the elevator
    2) Reach one switch in the beginning of the vent system.
    3) Find the secret in Cornelius' office mentioned in a post

I did find 6-7 pieces of loot in the forest, plus one secret in the trunk (clever ).

I need help in order to finish though...
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Shame, but I think I will need to give up on this interesting, challenging mission as the game freezes whenever I try to use a vine arrow. I can't progress to make the jump to the window below the gargoyle statues at the exit grate/door of the vents. Anybody had the same problem or suggest how to get the vine arows working?

I've downloaded both versions but maybe I'll try again with v1.1.

Stuck in the first room, i look outside the window but canīt see anything reachable. what am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Stuck in the first room, i look outside the window but canīt see anything reachable. what am i missing?
    Hi cardia1 - if you mean the room you land in right at the start: Hint: Where could you shoot a vine arrow? Take a leap!

Help needed! I am in Mr Cornelius' office (I think... the one accessed via the blue window). Reading the book in the start room, there's a trap. Can I get into that back room where the two guys are? Love the keyhole BTW! Thanks.
    Last edited by Bosh; 2nd Mar 2014 at 06:30. Reason: I then got stuck...

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Found 3503 loot, almost 2000 off the maximum. Found 3/5 secrets. I did not manage to:
    1) Apparently this elevator to our imagination.
    2) You need download version 1.1.
    3) Explore the walls. Maybe you will find some hidden panels or something.

I did find 6-7 pieces of loot in the forest, plus one secret in the trunk (clever ).

I need help in order to finish though...
    Loot in the forest:
    The giant hollow - 3 pieces.
    Under treebeast-like roots - 1 piece (near giant Treebeast)
    2 fallen trunks upstairs and near it - total 6 (including 1 secret).
    On the hat of mushroom - 1 piece.
    Tiny hollow near the den - 2 pieces (you need to climb to the treebeast-like roots).
    Left and right of the hole - 4 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    Help needed! I am in Mr Cornelius' office (I think... the one accessed via the blue window). Reading the book in the start room, there's a trap. Can I get into that back room where the two guys are? Love the keyhole BTW! Thanks.
    I think you can't get there, so you will betray yourself. You are still a thief, but not just any terrorist to bully two honest gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Shame, but I think I will need to give up on this interesting, challenging mission as the game freezes whenever I try to use a vine arrow. I can't progress to make the jump to the window below the gargoyle statues at the exit grate/door of the vents. Anybody had the same problem or suggest how to get the vine arows working?

You will be the third who has same problem. Still no one knows why it happens. But I hope we find out the cause.

Haha! Thanks Soul Tear, I can now move on from that room. (Oh, I wasn't going to bully them, just gently frisk them! Best treat they'd had in years! )

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    dear god, yes it is! it feels like an old-school pixel-perfect platformer (where you have to jump from exactly the right place, at the right speed, and land on exactly the right inch) crossed with that old crate-stacking FM (requiring exploitative knowledge of the Dark Engine to complete).

I've managed to get all the keys, killed everyone, and made my way up to Goliath's walkway but I haven't found a way to access the control panel or the elevator.
    help, please?
    How do you get to "Goliath's walkway"?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    How do you get to "Goliath's walkway"?
    I used a vine arrow on the walkway's support chains and (awkwardly) jumped onto the walkway.

I used a vine arrow on the walkway's support chains and (awkwardly) jumped onto the walkway.
    Thanks, but which walkway is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post

Vine arrows freeze in v 1.1 for me...

Secret in Corneliu's Room

If anyone is still searching, here it is:
    look in the NW corner of the room, right side of bookcase next desk. A bit above eyeline is a frobbable stone on the wall. Contains a fat purse worth 500 gold.

Has anyone also found the water arrow in the rafters, near one of the mushrooms? What is its purpose?

greetings
    urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    If anyone is still searching, here it is:
    look in the NW corner of the room, right side of bookcase next desk. A bit above eyeline is a frobbable stone on the wall. Contains a fat purse worth 500 gold.

Has anyone also found the water arrow in the rafters, near one of the mushrooms? What is its purpose?

greetings
    urumo
    Yes, I found that small water arrow, but like so much else the player is left to guess at its purpose. I haven't stumbled on a use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Vine arrows freeze in v 1.1 for me...
    I downloaded v1.1 again in case it was a corrupted d/l but same thing happens.

I did manage to finish - jumping with slow fall potions, but took many reloads and wouldn't really recommend it . Finished in the forest hole fairly short on loot but the room below the walkway boards that you need to break and the Goliath walkway that has been mentioned seem only obtainable with vine arrows. Hope a new version sometime may fix the problem.

Thanks to the author nonetheless for a challenging, unusual entry

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Thanks, but which walkway is it?
    Sorry, I misread your question! Goliath's walkway: is in the area where the haunts are (Goliath is walking up there). It's the same room/area with the vents under the floor and the elevator behind a gate. It's all in the building you get to via the ladder that drops across the roof. Hope that helps a bit more!

Thanks everyone for the help, but I'm stuck again.

Has any of you experienced that in the forest it's very easy to get lost or run around in circles? I met some spiders, treebeasts, WOLF, loot, even a safe place that is a dead end, but now I don't really know how to proceed.

Sorry, I misread your question! Goliath's walkway: is in the area where the haunts are (Goliath is walking up there). It's the same room/area with the vents under the floor and the elevator behind a gate. It's all in the building you get to via the ladder that drops across the roof. Hope that helps a bit more!
    I thought that was probably it. But on one edge of the first part of the map there is a a walkway patrolled by a black figure, and I wondered if that was it; however that one is inaccessible I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help, but I'm stuck again.

Has any of you experienced that in the forest it's very easy to get lost or run around in circles? I met some spiders, treebeasts, WOLF, loot, even a safe place that is a dead end, but now I don't really know how to proceed.
    I think that as long as you have enough loot, and have been down into the safe place, that's it - the mission should end.

Finished. Quite difficult but excellent mission, entertained for many hours. The part of the forest was a surprise, at least in terms of the final.

All secrets found. 5200/5400 of loot.

Boy oh boy. Stuck again I'm in the vents. Got loot/gas mines, and opened the hatch to the outside. I can see two gargoyle statues way above, but vine arrows are not long enough for me to jump on. Vine arrowed everything I can see, but they've stuck to nothing else but statues. Am I missing something, or going about this the wrong way? Thanks

Oh, I haven't got key for the lock - in the vents or nearby? I can see a key on a table in the room next to where the haunts are.

FOUND: Spoiler for anyone else lost here and looking for the lever/lock key: Vents > outside > Gargoyle statues > Room via window > keys are on table > opens metal cage-doors back to haunts/Goliath's room

Finally finished! My legs hurt. Thanks to everyone who got me there, esp. Soul Tear. Lovely textures - the forest was the best I've ever seen. Just the tricky and frustrating jumps/mantles/arrowing....dying... over... and over...
    Last edited by Bosh; 3rd Mar 2014 at 16:52. Reason: Found my way... over and out

Where is the last secret? I've got
    1. panel in Cornelius' room
    2. loot in tree trunk
    3. room with loot statues below walkway
    4. boarded up room in middle building with tons of loot

Light hint please, no direct spoiler.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast