TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    On that roof there is a broken section of railing. Go out the first section and shoot a vine arrow into the end of the second section and go down it to the window below.
    Thanks!

Using that, I made my way down, dealt with the haunts and later Goliath, solved the vent puzzle and made it to the room with the protected crystal and two keys and used the keys to return to the main area with Goliath and figured out (with help here) how to get to the control room. I had a key that opens the lock but don't have the other thing (the anti-crystal?) to put in there.

Question: Is there any way to safely go back up to the top of the roof (and the rest of the mission) from the area with the haunts and Goliath? That elevatorlooks inaccessible, and the rope I used to get down here is many, many feet above the window I entered. I have a feeling I need to visit the starting room and the safe.

I really don't want to have to restart the mission - my earliest save is in the vents.

- prjames

You can shoot a second vine into the side of the air conditioning unit (at least to me that's what it looks like). That one you can reach from the window. Then jump from that one up to the one hanging from the roof. You should be able to backtrack all the way to the start of the mission like this. Great mission!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Is this a Bug?

I replayed (on easy difficulty), have found more than the required loot, and when I grab the magic crystal, the mission ends - so no visit to the forest. Did this occure because of the completed loot obejctive?

Any ideas?
    greetings
    urumo

Urumo, since you have completed all the goals, the mission ended prematurely. The hidden goal did not have time to appear. I think the author has not provided such a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    You can shoot a second vine into the side of the air conditioning unit (at least to me that's what it looks like). That one you can reach from the window. Then jump from that one up to the one hanging from the roof. You should be able to backtrack all the way to the start of the mission like this. Great mission!

Thanks, that worked! ... and I've now completed the mission. Whew!

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 6th Mar 2014 at 08:27.

I've always had the most luck jumping to rope arrows while looking straight down. This seems to negate the bounce.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This is for the most part a gloriously built mission, and a real exhibition of what NewDark is capable of visually. I found it just too hard and frustrating to complete, though, which is a shame. But I would love for the author to continue and perhaps make a similarly lovely mission set differently next time (mansion, castle, crypt, or city perhaps). It's hard to believe this is our beloved Dark engine!

Something seems to be wrong with me.

I have been through the vents and was also in the room with the protected gem. I got the two keys in there and could go out to "Goliaths hall". I have got: A grey key, a brass key, the Engineers' guild logo key, a double-teethed grey key, the empty bag, the lockpicks and the letters. I think the protected gem should be placed into the lot in the hatch of the machine control with the lever on the left side . Is that correct? I have read that I can get some arrows to disarm the protection but I was unable to find them.

I was also in the room with the elevator but I think that was by mistake because that seemed to be wrong. On the elevator, I sank in about one fourth of Garrett-height.

Goliath jumped off his gangway so I could kill him. Normally, I just kill ghosts, Haunts and Zombies, but that time my "sandman" is missing, so I killed him just to find out that it was not neccessary.

One could also reach Goliath's gangway by climbing the gate which leads into the machine room. Climb it up until the top, turn to the gangway, jump and grab the gangway. That should do it. I also wondered about arrows which stick in Goliaths chains and I shot a lot of arrows on any kind of stone until I found out that they stick in the Gargoyles. But being down there for climbing up, I saw that they actually stick in the air
    Last edited by Anmaron; 6th Mar 2014 at 13:54.

What I did not find it?

Since the crystal can be neutralized protective magic? What I did not find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anmaron View Post
    Something seems to be wrong with me.

I have been through the vents and was also in the room with the protected gem. I got the two keys in there and could go out to "Goliaths hall". I have got: A grey key, a brass key, the Engineers' guild logo key, a double-teethed grey key, the empty bag, the lockpicks and the letters. I think the protected gem should be placed into the lot in the hatch of the machine control with the lever on the left side . Is that correct? I have read that I can get some arrows to disarm the protection but I was unable to find them.

I went through this less than 24 hours ago.

Nope, the protected gem doesn't go in the hatch of the machine control. A different crystal goes in there. Exit this area and return to the room where you started this mission, and one of your keys should unlock the safe, giving you the gem you need to put in the hatch of the machine control. This will "unprotect" the protected gem and let you take it.

- prjames

Ah, that's why nothing works. Back there again, what a mad idea. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by XERXES-T View Post
    Since the crystal can be neutralized protective magic? What I did not find it?
    Probably you need it:

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie_Pagan View Post
    you need to do what i did goto building with tall blue windows,the one above the clothes line you can walk on can be locked picked once you mantle upto it

Thank you for the clue. Going back there, what a crazy idea. I shoud see the cardiologist before.

Finally found all the loot after scouring the forest. 5400/5400
    That giant hollow tree was a nice touch!

Didn't spend too much time looking for equipment in the forest, but I found two fruits at least.

By the way, it got horribly choppy in the forest. FPS around 8. Anyone know how to fix it? I tried lowering my graphic settings, but to no avail.
    Last edited by klatremus; 8th Mar 2014 at 21:20.

How do I open the boarded up window across from the Engineer's guild office? The ledge is too narrow for me to bash it in, and I can't frob it

You can either throw a mine or a crate to open it

Ghost
    I haven't seen Goliath anywhere, unless I'm not understanding who he is. He's not the monkey, is he? I climbed onto the platform above the haunts/monkey; I found some loot but nobody was walking along that overhead suspended walkway. Am I looking in the wrong place? Will I meet him later? I just jumped to the forest, but I have plenty of earlier saves, so I can go back if necessary.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    By the way, it got horribly choppy in the forest. FPS around 8. Anyone know how to fix it? I tried lowering my graphic settings, but to no avail.
    This mission requires a fairly powerful PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I haven't seen Goliath anywhere, unless I'm not understanding who he is. He's not the monkey, is he? I climbed onto the platform above the haunts/monkey; I found some loot but nobody was walking along that overhead suspended walkway. Am I looking in the wrong place? Will I meet him later? I just jumped to the forest, but I have plenty of earlier saves, so I can go back if necessary.

Dafydd
    Goliath is a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    This mission requires a fairly powerful PC.
    Intel QuadCore i5-750 2.66GHz, 8GB RAM, HD Radeon 6970 2GB, Win7 x64. It has been powerful enough to run absolutely everything else I've thrown at it.

Then it's weird.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear
    Goliath is a monkey.
    I've only seen one blowgunning monkey; is that he?

Dafydd

Aye Dafydd, the blow-gunning monkey on the walkway is indeed Goliath.

first thank You for this awesome looking fm

I am stuck I was in two secret areas one beneath the wooden boards second behind wooden window thank You o mighty create, i have also climbed that blue window with safe key inside. I went back to get the safe content and after that i have climbed to the half open window where you can get purse candle stick No idea what to do next and what is that frobable ladder for i can cross to the next building with broken fence around the roof but what for ??

Then you're in the right spot. Try to use a vine arrow from the end of the broken fence. There might just be something interesting below...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast