TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    You can either throw a mine or a crate to open it
    Thanks!

Ghost
    I'm having trouble in the forest area. I grabbed the magic crystal when I had just a shade less than 3000 loot. Now after running all around the forest area, I have about 3800 -- far less than the 5000 I need.

I've found the loot on the mushroom, the secret loot, the loot in the hollow tree (with spider), two pieces of loot under the roots of one tree, one piece of loot under another tree root. I still need about 1200 more, and I haven't found any new loot in the last hour!

Are there other caches? Because if not, I'll just have to call it a day, and to heck with it. I'm not getting anywhere; and of course, I can't go back to the city area, so far as I know.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Loot in the forest:
    The giant hollow - 3 pieces.
    Under treebeast-like roots - 1 piece (near giant Treebeast)
    2 fallen trunks upstairs and near it - total 6 (including 1 secret).
    On the hat of mushroom - 1 piece.
    Tiny hollow near the den - 2 pieces (you need to climb to the treebeast-like roots).
    Left and right of the hole - 4 pieces.
    And no, you can't go back to the city area.

I'm stuck in the room with the apebeast and the haunts. There's a gate on the right that I can't open, and I see no other way to continue. Outside, on the other part of the building there's another window with a couple of gargoyles above it, but there's no way I can reach it from the outside.

Hint - have a look at the other gates in that room to see which one is slightly different.

Outright spoiler - The last gate on the right can be mantled. If you just jump on and go up one or two steps, you can then mantle over and through it.

For the statues - you can climb up on the open vent door, and if you move towards the end of the door, you can then mantle onto the ledge and reach the statues with a couple of vine arrows.

Thanks a lot!

Any walktrough for this mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I'm having trouble in the forest area. I grabbed the magic crystal when I had just a shade less than 3000 loot. Now after running all around the forest area, I have about 3800 -- far less than the 5000 I need.

I've found the loot on the mushroom, the secret loot, the loot in the hollow tree (with spider), two pieces of loot under the roots of one tree, one piece of loot under another tree root. I still need about 1200 more, and I haven't found any new loot in the last hour!

Are there other caches? Because if not, I'll just have to call it a day, and to heck with it. I'm not getting anywhere; and of course, I can't go back to the city area, so far as I know.
    See post #153.

The author of this mission sent me an update (version 1.2). It addressed the following bug:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
    My rig freezes up as well - I have only gotten as far as standing on top of the open window at the start. My problem has something to do with shooting a vine arrow; two outside and it freezes, one inside, and it freezes before the arrow can leave the bow!
    It also adds a Polish translation (by Keeper M.).

Lost in the Far Edges, version 1.2

I have a complete loot list made. With the author's permission I could post it on my website. Just PM me and I'll do it, but not until then.
    You can get a total of 1750 loot in the forest, which means you need at least 3250 before getting the crystal to meet the loot requirement.

PS: In the message you get before taking the crystal, it should say how much gold you need at that point. Otherwise there are a lot of players (like Dafydd) who's not gonna bother to keep going, and understandably so.

PPS: I was also planning on doing a video walkthrough to post on YouTube, but my framerate is so low in the forest (<10) there's almost no point.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus
    You can get a total of 1750 loot in the forest, which means you need at least 3250 before getting the crystal to meet the loot requirement.
    Yep, I'm hosed.

An alternative to the message revealing exactly how much loot one needs before grabbing the magical crystal would be to add some means of returning to the city -- a teleporter that drops you back in your original room, or somewhere else on that map. Many people like to get the hardest part of a mission (or the main storyline) out of the way first, then come back and scavange for loot.

Dafydd

Ok I'm still stuck. In that room with the apebeast and the haunts, I climbed over the gate but there's a lever with a keyhole I can't open, and I see no other way to continue

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    PPS: I was also planning on doing a video walkthrough to post on YouTube, but my framerate is so low in the forest (<10) there's almost no point.
    I made ​​a video walkthrough with a good FPS, but seems it is too early to spread. I think it should be posted after the completion of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ok I'm still stuck. In that room with the apebeast and the haunts, I climbed over the gate but there's a lever with a keyhole I can't open, and I see no other way to continue
    You need to find the vents now. The key to that lock will be found later.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    check the floor around the back wall of Goliaths patrol room

Well, here's the walkthrough with full loot.

this thing with leaning out of vents and climbing the open vent door is bugged or something ?? 100 i did fall simply cant climb it next time things like that should be avoided. Leaning while crouching and climbing is i think bit to far. how should i do this ??? and yes i have new mantle enabled !!! i am standing facing the open vent i lean to the left when i press jump/climb garret only hangs to the vent door but i cannot get him on top of it help !!!!
    and dont to it next time for players sake. If someone can just do it for me i can send savegame
    Last edited by trudnicki; 11th Mar 2014 at 15:35.

That's one of the few things I managed to do first go. Sod's law I won't be able to do it again, but you can send it to me, if you like. My email's in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    That's one of the few things I managed to do first go. Sod's law I won't be able to do it again, but you can send it to me, if you like. My email's in my profile.
    Thank You very much Nickie i was to send You an email just a second ago. So i did run the game to check which save file is the one to be sent and VOILA !!! i did the thing just like it was nothing. Cant make it give it a break i must say. Once again thank You.

I agree about the lean thing

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    this thing with leaning out of vents and climbing the open vent door is bugged or something ?? 100 i did fall simply cant climb it next time things like that should be avoided. Leaning while crouching and climbing is i think bit to far. how should i do this ??? and yes i have new mantle enabled !!! i am standing facing the open vent i lean to the left when i press jump/climb garret only hangs to the vent door but i cannot get him on top of it help !!!!
    and dont to it next time for players sake. If someone can just do it for me i can send savegame

After so many failed tries of trying to get out of the vent and on top. I just gave up on this game, I think that part has a bug. Why not just put a ledge where you can rope out and then across? leaning in places like this is never good. And if you enter a contest, I would think you would want people to play the game and not be frustrated throughout most of the game. Hard is fine but making the game unplayable with frustrations; will lose people interest in it. If there is a save game for this part. could someone upload it so the rest of us can continue.

Master Builder 2018
    Getting out the vent and onto the grate door is actually pretty easy, which you can see in the video walkthrough. But if you still have trouble, there is a simple trick that will work in all such situations in Thief:

1. Move right up to the opening without going outside.
    2. Turn so that the opening is on your left.
    3. Press your "crouch" key once so that Garrett tries to stand up. You won't stand up because of the low ceiling in the vent, but you should notice a slight rise as he tries.
    4. Lean to the left. You head and upper body should pop out of the vent and you will be standing upright while leaning out of the opening.
    5. Mantle onto the door.

Got it, Thank you Tannar

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Getting out the vent and onto the grate door is actually pretty easy, which you can see in the video walkthrough. But if you still have trouble, there is a simple trick that will work in all such situations in Thief:

1. Move right up to the opening without going outside.
    2. Turn so that the opening is on your left.
    3. Press your "crouch" key once so that Garrett tries to stand up. You won't stand up because of the low ceiling in the vent, but you should notice a slight rise as he tries.
    4. Lean to the left. You head and upper body should pop out of the vent and you will be standing upright while leaning out of the opening.
    5. Mantle onto the door.
    Thanks Tannar, I made it in just 2 tries after making some adjustment to my position. Moving forward again.

romsas, new_mantle is very simple thing. Important to understand how it works and feel the surface.

Watched your walkthrough, and you made it seem so easy...

One thing, though: Why did you achieve the objective "Don't kill any monkeys" when you did in fact kill one?

It does not work.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast