TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief Deadly Shadows Gold – Version 1.0 released!

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes.

Maybe I am blind, but... where can I download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    Maybe I am blind, but... where can I download it?
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607 You can find the mirrors under Download. Download the fat Version, you also get the Minimalist Project and the collective texture pack.

Just out of curiosity, did somebody fix the bug where the death/knockout animations got skipped and the characters went straight into ragdoll physics? I'm seeing quite a bit more of the animations run than I did. I used to never see them, now it's about 50% of the time.

Anyway, kudos to you all for this release of Thief 3 Gold. I'm enjoying not having the loading zones in the levels proper. Thanks for the hard work.

Is removing the loading times in the hubworld really off the cards? That'd be so dope

Judith
    Having all districts in one area is impossible due to hardcoded property limit. You can't have that many objects, scripts etc. in one map.

I recall someone saying that it would be possible to connect the graveyard area (can´t remember the exact name right now) with one part of the hub. Shouldn´t that at least be possible?

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to turn the training mission into a non-training mission.

So that a player could, if they wanted to, just play through from start to finish without being stopped by prompts or being sent back to the start of the section if they move on without putting out the torch, or grabbing the loot item etc.

Yes it would basically just be small level that amounts to one long corridor, rather than now being a proper mission like the others, but I am curious as to whether this is do-able without an inordinate amount of effort?

Judith
    You probably could have some district parts joined, e.g. Stonemarket Plaza & Stonemarket Proper, but it would require substantial amount of work to check all the scripts and sidequests, since they're changing depending on the day, as the main story progresses. Making the Inn a normal mission is not that hard, it's mostly about deleting the tutorial scripts. I believe Beleg is planning or already working on that

Level 10,000 achieved
    Very cool stuff. I only ever played Deadly Shadows on the XBox back at release, just picked up the PC version in the current Humble sale, and downloading Sneaky Upgrade (Fat) right now. Looking forward to revisiting DS, and the best possible version of it to boot.

Something to add in a future update: retrieval of Julian's medallion as a loot item after getting the opal.

Seems strange that Garrett would leave loot like that especially considering his comment about selling the medallions as a matched set.

Hi I just got DS from GOG and ran the Sneaky Update installer but I got this error:

Anybody able to help?

Sneaky Upgrader
    It's probably your virus checker interfering, or some Windows service locking the file.

Disable any antivirus and reinstall the Sneaky Upgrade. If you already had it disabled, or if you get an error again, reboot your computer. Then disable the AV and try installing again.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    It's probably your virus checker interfering, or some Windows service locking the file.

Disable any antivirus and reinstall the Sneaky Upgrade. If you already had it disabled, or if you get an error again, reboot your computer. Then disable the AV and try installing again.
    thanks that resolved the issue

bikerdude
    Whats the status of T3G, are there any more bug fixes in the pipeline..?

ZylonBane
    These guys really ought to decide whether their mod is called "Thief Deadly Shadows Gold" or "Thief 3 Gold".

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Whats the status of T3G, are there any more bug fixes in the pipeline..?
    As far as I know, no bugs have been reported for version 1.2.

Concerning the pipeline itself, I cannot promise any progress anytime soon. I've got lots of stuff going on right now (wrapping up PhD thesis, a couple of other university things, HEMA stuff etc.), so while it should be possible to fix actual small-scale bugs on my end, the proper Inn mission (which would have been the next thing for me) will still have to wait.

On a side-note: thumbring archery works better and better for me, so I got that Thief-like thing going for me, which is nice...

Great stuff here, really what the devs should've done on their own before release (not like Ion Storm had much time left, though).

How feasible would it be to have a "missions only" campaign mode? I never really liked the City hubs and wish I could just play straight through the game's real meat, even if it'd be kinda short as a result.

With some rather important and story-related things happening in the City (mind you: the Ambysmal Gale and Fort Ironwood are part of the City hub), this would probably too much hassle. It should be possible, though, so if you learn a little T3Ed and prepare yourself to provide a lot of narrative content, this could be another patch for the Sneaky Upgrade.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    so while it should be possible to fix actual small-scale bugs on my end, the proper Inn mission (which would have been the next thing for me) will still have to wait.
    I look forward to this, as to my mind the game will be complete at that point.

How is this project coming along? I'm considering a replay of T3 (and actually finish it this time), but I'm not sure if I should wait for this to finish. I'm particularly interested in the briefing videos.

I think the briefing videos are included in the fat version of the Sneaky patch

Sneaky Upgrader
    They are - and they can be used with both T3 Gold and the original game. The status of T3 Gold came up recently.

The next version of the 'fat' Sneaky Upgrade will have both T3 Gold and the briefing movies enabled by default. (Currently you have to manually activate any mods you want.)

Okay, so it is considered mostly finished. But what is the situation with the briefing videos, are they all finished? If not, do you have any idea for a date?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast