TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demon's Souls

Level 10,000 achieved
    I don't care too much about getting all the trophies, but if there are additional locations that open up as the tendency changes I'd defenitely be interested in that.

Anyway, went on to kill the Fool's Idol as well, while still in Body form. Then I felt so cocky I went ahead and checked out what was behind the next foggate in the Mines. Big mistake. I was not ready for all that. Then I went to the Shadowlands and killed Death. And Patches, the fucker.

No-lifers united.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Did I just get zajaz'd?

verbose douchebag
    I'm pretty sure zavajdzajd is just an IFTTT recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I don't care too much about getting all the trophies, but if there are additional locations that open up as the tendency changes I'd defenitely be interested in that.
    I don't remember if there's any new locations per se, but there are some things that open up due to world tendency. There are also some unique items (and one fantastic soul farming method) that can only be discovered at specific tendencies.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Had the day off today and played so much Demon's Souls I feel sick.

Defeated the Tower Knight in World 1, upgraded all my main weapons in World 2, not sure what to do to the big floating sack thing in 3, did lots of grinding in 4, and finally made it down into the swamp in 5. Feel like I've scoured that swamp for everything I could find, even got the big magic sword, but I've no idea what I'm supposed to do next down there.

With the swamp, you basically swing around to the right and get into a second area of the swamp. Then you should start finding new things to kill/be killed by

Level 10,000 achieved
    The second area is the one beyond the wall, right? The one with all the mosquitoes, and the slugs guarding the magic sword, and the village that leads to a path where you can create a bridge back to the start? Because I've been there and cleared out the whole area, I think. Are there no more bossfights in the Valley after the Leechmonger?

You've still got two more bosses two go there.

Once you've made the path back to the start, turn around. Follow the scaffolding and there should be an opening on the right somewhere that leads to that area's boss.

Terrible ASCII Map coming up:
    Code:
    |                   |                |
    |                   |  ____________  |
    |              Shortcut              |
    \_______ _________________  _________/
            ^                 | |
          Start              /  \
                               Boss

Thing What Kicks
    big floating sack thing
    Hmmm, I think from your description you've probably encountered a Primeval Demon.
    They only appear when world tendency is slightly whiter than pure black, and they're one of the few sources of colorless demon souls.

Oh, and those weird-assed man-faced centipedes?
    In the official guide that came with my import copy they're called "Celebrity Vermin". Don't know why, but that always tickled me.
    Last edited by Malf; 19th Apr 2014 at 04:44.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thank you Zerker! Not sure how I missed that. Anyway, scratch one more bogey!

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Old Hero bossfight was a nice change of pace. On my second attempt I thought of using the Thief's Ring though, after which it became so easy I just felt sorry for the guy. The fight against the Storm Ruler was really epic too. Also killed the lady in the valley, so I'm all done with 2, 4, and 5. This thing is starting to draw to an end, and none too soon! I'm gonna need some downtime if I'm really gonna delve into the world of Dark Souls 2 in a week!

I've been having a harder time with DeS than DkS, but I finally managed to make tangible progress on my first playthrough (started Christmas). Brought down the Tower Knight in Boletaria, the Fool's Idol in Latria. Also opened up the shortcut in Stonefang. Next up, I'm taking on the Adjudicator

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh yes, do hurry up and kill the Adjudicator. There's a good soul farming spot just after him!

Also, something I've taken up doing in bossfights is to keep Stone Of Ephemeral Eyes in my quick-inventory. If a fight is going really well I can turn human before delivering the final blow, and improve the World Tendency, then after that I go kill myself in the Nexus, so as not to hurt the tendencies of any other worlds when I die again.

I'm finding it easier than DkS. The boss fights have taken me no more than 3-5 retries at most, but I'm having a hell of a time with the final boss. Is "Soul Drain" really as bad as it sounds, guys? Am I getting weaker each time he does that move on me? And is he getting stronger?
    Last edited by henke; 22nd Apr 2014 at 07:17.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Fuuuuuuuuck that last boss. Soul Drain does indeed take away my stamina levels. I've just about had it with Demon's, was gonna wrap up the last bossfight tonight and be done with it. But after 2 hours I'm still no closer to winning that fight. Only going backwards right now. I don't know if I can do this.

You can always do what I did and arrow cheese him. Seem to remember it being about creeping up just outside of his activation range with the thief ring, then pelting him with arrows. Should be a video of it somewhere on youtube.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok, leveled up endurance a bunch and thought to switch from the Demonbrandt back to the trusty Dragon Long Sword +3 which has carried me through most of the game. Finally got him. Finally. But it's not over yet. Fucking game.

edit: now it's over! The ending was slightly more comprehensible than DkS' I thought. I'm guessing there are multiple endings? If I attack the maiden at the end I can probably get a different one?

Anyway, what can I say? Great game. Slightly easier than DkS. Not quite as good, but almost.

Random thing I liked: The intro! Watched the first part of it up until the title almost every time I started the game up. Very moody and nice.

Random thing I disliked: Ring of Herculean Strength. That it's called that, I mean. Why is there Greek mythology in Demon's Souls? Grrr!
    Last edited by henke; 22nd Apr 2014 at 15:41.

El Shagmeister

The last boss is the -real- transformed king inside the Great Old One, but he's so pathetic that, yeah, pretty much the last "proper" boss is the False King. How many times did he kill you?

Great series of games. Can't wait to play Dark 2.

:3

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm guessing he killed me 7-8 times and I probably died on the way to him twice as many times.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm guessing he killed me 7-8 times and I probably died on the way to him twice as many times.
    Yeah, getting to him is difficult because of that damn fucking hell eat a butt dragon breathing fire all over the place.

But fighting him? Eh. I beat him on my second try. :smug:

Pretty sure I actually killed that dragon. Took a shitload of arrows though.

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    But fighting him? Eh. I beat him on my second try. :smug:
    I got'im on the first try (same with Gwyn). Drop the smugness, hick.

I love you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12