TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday Lytha

Happy birthday Lytha

YEAH THATS RIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS!!

I'M BACK WITH A FRESH REMIX OF AN OLD CLASSIC!

YEAAAHH, THE BIRTHDAY THREAD!

Let's break it down for you bee,
    You know you mean so much-
    Ta me... Yeah...
    Hell, you always be ma homie
    Aiiiighhhttt

Happy birthday Lytha, you were a seasoned reg way back in 99 when I lurked and your thiefy ways meant so much to this place that they named a singular gaming style after YOU.

If that ain't worth remembering, what is, right?

Happy Birthday, coming straight at ya outta TTLG's dusty unloved heart!

Still Subjective
    Damn straight.

Happy Birthday Lytha, wherever you are.

Hey Scots haven't seen you around for a while. What's your take on the Brendan Eich issue?

i kid i kid

Lets not forget Bat and Emerald Wolf, cos you know those guys are great!

holy crap I feel old

Happy Birthday, Lytha. CommChat doesn't do birthdays anywhere like enough - be good to see more proper recognition of managing to survive another year. Now you're all getting on a bit.

El Shagmeister

Oi, mine's coming up so I hope I gets my congrats too!

But right now, Lytha, you purdy woman, this one's about you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

El Shagmeister

-_-

Yeah I worried about Lytha. I haven't heard from her in a very long time. I've been thinking about her and hoped she was doing better.

It looks like her website is still active if you can call it that: http://www.lytha.com/

Edited out because now redundant.
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th May 2014 at 09:15.

Yeah... I'm not very good with English and it's my only language I know... SIGH...

edited: login issues and stuff resolved. And Lytha has no FB page :P
    Last edited by GreyMouser; 27th May 2014 at 15:57.

Yes. If she uses the Contact Us form at the bottom of any page then we can update her email and send her a password reset. Or you could pm me her email and I can do it that way.

That's good she can get her account back going. She's always had a lot of fans around here.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMouser View Post
    I checked: no, that's not her. And it is definitely not her cat. I just asked her: she has no Facebook page at all.
    Oh, ok, duly noted.
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th May 2014 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Or you could pm me her email and I can do it that way.
    I would do that, but my account is blocked from access to user profiles for some reason.

You were in a holding pen for people who haven't been around for a while but I've moved you out so you can try again if you like or just email me - you can get my address through my profile page.

Hey.

Thanks Scots @ co. for the congrats, though I don't care about birthdays anymore.

Anyway. Dudes. I am crept out completely by the stalkerism that happened here. Emails to person(s?) you googled in connection to my real name. Posting of facebook pages of some cat lady who apparently shares my real name but neither my face nor my cat nor most likely my gaming background. Oh, she also looks older than me even after the radiation-boosted advanced aging process I had.

Some person who I have never interacted with before walking into the room and announcing with a grave voice that I am dead.

At the moment I am freaked out that that cat lady on facebook or her contacts might have been flooded with questions about the oral cancer she most likely never had. Or that you guys actually sent out emails to whoever coworkers I had in the last 20 years, just because google put their names next to my real one at some point.

Stop that. It sucks and it's creepy like hell.

If I had died then that Greymouser fellow would've told you, same as he'll do when it happens at some point. Or so I hope at last. I asked him to do that, but maybe I should prepare a list of internet peoples who I'd feel that they'd need to be notified.

So yeah. Thanks again for the congrats. Also very nice to get hold of the account back so quickly (though I suspect that my webbrowser at home might have had the password still saved in the password manager... but my state of being annoyed apparently set off Greymouser to quick action... ). Just keep in mind that sometimes people just don't post anymore even without being dead.
    Last edited by Lytha; 27th May 2014 at 09:28.

(see? It's her. grumpy as ever! )

Level 10,000 achieved
    This thread has been an emotional rollercoaster.

Glad you're still with us, Lytha.

Oh, and thanks demagogue for removing the link to that cat lady's FB page.

Seriously? You saw no difference in my extremely handsome male cat and her slightly strawny female one? You gotta be a dog person, dude.
    Last edited by Lytha; 28th May 2014 at 03:53.

Cat person, but I look at so many cat photos every day they all blend into each other after a while...

Edit: And FWIW thanks for stopping by & clearing things up.
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th May 2014 at 10:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    Anyway. Dudes. I am crept out completely by the stalkerism that happened here. Emails to person(s?) you googled in connection to my real name. Posting of facebook pages of some cat lady who apparently shares my real name but neither my face nor my cat nor most likely my gaming background. Oh, she also looks older than me even after the radiation-boosted advanced aging process I had.

Some person who I have never interacted with before walking into the room and announcing with a grave voice that I am dead.

At the moment I am freaked out that that cat lady on facebook or her contacts might have been flooded with questions about the oral cancer she most likely never had. Or that you guys actually sent out emails to whoever coworkers I had in the last 20 years, just because google put their names next to my real one at some point.

Stop that. It sucks and it's creepy like hell.

If I had died then that Greymouser fellow would've told you, same as he'll do when it happens at some point. Or so I hope at last. I asked him to do that, but maybe I should prepare a list of internet peoples who I'd feel that they'd need to be notified.

So yeah. Thanks again for the congrats. Also very nice to get hold of the account back so quickly (though I suspect that my webbrowser at home might have had the password still saved in the password manager... but my state of being annoyed apparently set off Greymouser to quick action... ). Just keep in mind that sometimes people just don't post anymore even without being dead.
    I don't believe this is her. RIP.

What the heck is this?...

I've been worried about a life of a stranger I've never talk to/known personally and I (or anyone else here who is worried) am a stalker for doing that?...

If this is really you,I'm glad that you're well...but I'm also terribly regretful for what I did and I won't be interested in your's or any other stranger's private life ever again..

This is actually a nice life lesson here..do not expect everyone to be like you..and to think like you...
    Last edited by Seckino; 27th May 2014 at 10:30.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Seckino - I wouldn't worry about it too much, everyone has their own personal definition of stalking, but I think checking a few public websites and sending an email or two is pretty harmless, and it's obvious you meant well. It isn't like you were knocking on someone's front door or hiding in bushes somewhere with binoculars.

I tried to track someone down a few years ago from the boards here by typing their username (not their real name) into google and following a few links. Also sent out an email or two. They got upset and accused me of the same type of stalkerish stuff. Some people just get a little paranoid these days, but with things like the recent Isla Vista killings going on, that's understandable too.

Bottom line, it's great to hear that Lytha is doing OK. I had been curious about her status too (as I'm sure others were). I am a little confused by Queue's response a few post up however.

Still Subjective
    Phew!

It may seem strange to you Lytha but like it or not you're party of Thief fandom history.

We haven't interacted much but I was properly worried, then saddened and now happily relieved that you're still with us.

That was a stalk of Holy direction.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast