TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Videos: Let's Plays, Walkthroughs and Previews

Somewhere Above the City:

Special Delivery:

Thief 2 - Casing the Joint (segmented run)

Let's Supreme Ghost Thief 2X - Mission 12: The Cure

@klatremus: Why didn't you close portcullis when you were leaving temple after obtaining Scale of Amaris? True, initially it is open, but after taking scale it closes, so natural choice of action would be to leave it closed. It's very similar situation from your segmented run of Kidnap where after KO-ing Cavador, Mechanist opens door. Initially door was closed, but you left it open, because it wasn't you who opened. Same in Cure - it wasn't you who closed portcullis, so you should leave it closed.

On the contrary, I felt it was most Supreme like to raise them, since they opened exactly because of what I did. Sure it's a scripted event, but if I hadn't taken the scales then the gate would've remained open. The Kidnap situation I don't feel compares at all, Galaer. Me blackjacking Cavador had no impact on the door opening, it was only because the last guard opened it and stopped that it remained open. If I had blackjacked him anywhere else that door never would've opened.

"It wasn't you who closed portcullis". I don't agree with this statement. Perhaps it wasn't me directly, but it was a direct consequence of what I did. Just the same as if I had flipped a lever, that too is connected to a gate by a script, resulting in the gate closing. Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    On the contrary, I felt it was most Supreme like to raise them, since they opened exactly because of what I did. Sure it's a scripted event, but if I hadn't taken the scales then the gate would've remained open. The Kidnap situation I don't feel compares at all, Galaer. Me blackjacking Cavador had no impact on the door opening, it was only because the last guard opened it and stopped that it remained open. If I had blackjacked him anywhere else that door never would've opened.

"It wasn't you who closed portcullis". I don't agree with this statement. Perhaps it wasn't me directly, but it was a direct consequence of what I did. Just the same as if I had flipped a lever, that too is connected to a gate by a script, resulting in the gate closing. Same thing.
    So for me it is like closed portcullis indicates that whoever stole scale is still inside temple. While opened portcullis means that thief escaped with scale. That's why I think portcullis should remained closed for supreme..

T2X - The Cure (segmented run)

Let's Supreme Ghost Thief 2 - Mission 14: Masks

Thief 2 - Masks segmented run

Starting my Ghost run of the Scarlet Cascabel

Thanks to Samantha1, the Original Game thread is now up and running and there's a link at the top of the OP here.

You are welcome to carry on posting your OMs here but it would probably be helpful to post them in the Thief Gen thread as well or instead. Samantha1 has agreed to carry on and keep the thread updated with new videos. I will no longer be 'noting' OMs here so if you want to know if they've been included, you'll need to check the Thief Gen thread.

I'll try to get back to adding in new FMs soon.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Jun 2021 at 04:48. Reason: Going slightly mad and missing stuff out

Big thanks to Samantha1 for taking over! Since I only have one OM left, I'll post that here, in the same vein as the previous ones. Then I'll go back to FMs permanently.

Nice mission choice marbleman. Haven't watched it since I'm playing Scarlet Cascabel myself soon. Im way behind, I know. I was thinking of playing v1 released for the contest first. Which one did you play? Would you recommend just starting on v2 directly?

I'm playing V2 and recommend that you do the same. It's an improvement all around.

@klatremus: It's your choice here. While Mission 1 is much better in Version 2, I would say that Mission 2 is superior in Version 1. In Version 2 hotel just feels so empty. Plus in Version 1 there is no alarm objective, which requires you to be sneaky. And some loot pieces are tricky to get while in Mission 2 it's easier to get and also there is less loot to pick up.
    Last edited by Galaer; 5th Jun 2021 at 11:35.

Thanks guys!

Galaer: I assume that in your first sentence you meant mission 1 is better in version 2.

Those are strange reasons to prefer V1, but to each their own I guess. I don't know what you mean WRT the hotel feeling empty. It has the same amount of AIs and is much more fleshed out in V2.

@klatremus: Yes, I meant mission 1 and I fixed that now.

@marbleman: Sorry to say, but Version 2 hotel feels really empty despite the fact this hotel is supposed to be full. No, it doesn't have the same amount of AI. There is barely anyone walking in corridors. In Version 1 there is a lot of guests in the hotel. They can spot you from higher floor too. It's really challenging to ghost it, but also way more satisfying than in Version 2. This is also a good reason to play both versions.

I'm pretty sure I will play v1 first, maybe even ghost it, then play, ghost and record v2. That way I can comment on the exact differences.

Let's Supreme Ghost Thief 2X - Mission 13: Betrayal

William Steele 1 In the North:

The Scarlet Cascabel mission 2.

Thief 2X - Betrayal segmented run

Something strange happened towards the end of the video. See the video description for more info. I'd like your input if this is a Supreme success or not.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Something strange happened towards the end of the video. See the video description for more info. I'd like your input if this is a Supreme success or not.
    Never seen torch failing to load in burning state. But I think it's fine to claim supreme ghost success here. I mean exploit is intentional use of game bugs and glitches, something you do on purpose. You didn't do that on purpose though. Just note in your report that this can happen.

I've had this happen too with this torch. Thing is though, it never fails to load on its own. This only happens once you douse it and reload, so I would not claim Supreme success here.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829 LastLast