TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Mission 3 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Just finished this campaign and I had a really fun experience exploring this city and the side missions, lots of cool little secrets and things to be found throughout the campaign. Thank you to everyone involved and especially HipBreaker for this excellent FM!

It seems I've run into a problem.

where is the key for the door that is labeled Beast Reserves?

Master Builder 2018
    It's on the black-robed mage in that cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's on the black-robed mage in that cave.
    There's no mage in the cave. It seems I've somehow broken the mission.

Look down the deep body of water in the room... maybe he fell in.

Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker View Post
    Look down the deep body of water in the room... maybe he fell in.
    I dove many times. No body there

How strange... I can go hunting after work (about 5 hours from now) if you want to email me a save. I can only guess he went on alert and ran somewhere in the mission somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker View Post
    How strange... I can go hunting after work (about 5 hours from now) if you want to email me a save. I can only guess he went on alert and ran somewhere in the mission somehow.
    Mail sent.

So I'm done my other objectives, I've looked everywhere but I can't find Algernon or the Elder vine....

Algernon is in the church - access from the roof. The Elder vine can be found in a cave like area which is opposite Valeria's room - you can see the access from a broken window by the beams in her room.

Completed the missions in about 5 hours and 9 minutes. I missed 2 secrets in the first mission. The 3rd mission was not as fun for me as the first, but still pretty cool. I had to do a lot of killing in the 3rd though. I guess patience is not one of my virtues It first, the 3rd mission seemed too daunting, filled with many AI that alerted to the slightest sound. I played on expert. Hard to stay in the shadows and not alert anything. I resorted to my old trick of alerting AI, then hiding behind corners or doors and whacking the heck out of the AI until they die. I killed 5 AI this way at the sewer entrance alone. That technique seemed more of a cheat than black jacking everyone though. These mages in the 3rd mission were easily taken out with a single overhead blow when not alerted. Lots of slow sneaks and "whap".

Some really nice atmosphere and an interesting story line. This is a good set of missions. Something outside the typical "Truart/Mechanist/Hammer" type extensions. Great job. I really liked the dawn/dusk (whichever it was) 1st mission lighting. Lot's of eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Algernon is in the church - access from the roof. The Elder vine can be found in a cave like area which is opposite Valeria's room - you can see the access from a broken window by the beams in her room.
    Thanks!

I have the potion but can't find the way to destroy it.

Solved: didn't realize you could drop it, thought you had to use it on something.
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 18th Jun 2014 at 23:33.

Thank you HipBreaker. I finished the mission.

2 hours, 52 minutes, finally finished it, that was quite a ride, thank you Hipbreaker

And please keep 'em coming

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    Thank you HipBreaker. I finished the mission.
    Great! Thank you! And thank you Azaran and bjack! I'm glad you all enjoyed it

Excellent level set. Really enjoyed it, thank you very much HipBreaker !

Southquarter.com/fms
    Finally finished tonight too - really fun mission pack, HipBreaker. Loved the architecture of Meliae, and climbing the rooftops was great. The Shadow Dream idea was interesting too - it reminded me a similar part from the last mission of The Black Frog. Well done, it was quite creepy. Here's hoping you have future FMs in the works.

Question though - the mission title. Does "Breaking The Stone" refer simply to the downfall of the town of Meliae, which was created from stone? Or is there something else to the title that I'm missing? I realize throughout the city, there are vines and other vegetation bursting through some of the stone structures, but I guess I'm not exactly sure what that all means. Any insight on this?

There was a readable about this somewhere, in mission 1 I think. It was a fable about how plants are eventually stronger than stones because over time they can crack and break through stone.

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me what am I supposed to do with the Talismans? I'm stuck on the first one.
    The dryad said Give it back to Earth or something like that, but I have no clue, what she means.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Right where that happened, there was (hopefully) a vine that grew up out of the ground. Take a look at the top of it.

Thanks - I missed that vine and was running around the city instead!

Beautiful mission, we will see a continuation of the story of Garrett and Basso?

I'm trying to figure out the rat/cat book readings to get Valeria's quarters opened. Any ideas? I've tried several already.

Edit: Nevermind, a weird issue, but got the door to frob now....
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 5th Sep 2014 at 14:34.

Working out where the potion needs to go to be destroyed was harder work than I thought it would be.

There's a biiiiiig fire that's practically screaming drop the potion here , but I found if you don't get the right spot it doesn't work, eventually I found a spot where I could drop it without being incinerated and the potion wouldn't frob for me to pick it up again , a few seconds later it shattered with a lot of noise attracting all the nearby guards , which was nice , before that I tried every torch I could find
    Last edited by Esme; 30th Oct 2014 at 14:21.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast