TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Mission 3 Discussion (6/14/2014)

New T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Mission 3 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Please use this thread to discuss "Breaking the Stone", Mission 3.

Where can I get it?

Master Builder 2018
    Here's the main mission release thread.

Great mission great gameplay. Do red eye Guards in mission 3 have any weak points? can i take them out quietly?

Master Builder 2018
    There are a few you can take out quietly but not many. You have to get them as isolated as possible and for most of the ones outside, it may be impossible. As for weak spots, not really. But if they are unaware of you, a single overhead strike will kill them.

mission 3.....superlative....in a class of its own

4hrs 23mins ....and not a glint of loot in sight

16 months in testing, and it shows

Thank you HipBreaker

that was so worth the wait

and thank you all the beta testers

d. 2014
    I have 3 crystals, I need the south one,where is the guy that has it,i cant find him

There's only 3 crystals, this threw me as well.

You need to
    spoiler:
    Use them on the crystals in the pylons' bases, despite the fact they don't highlight

I've done everything except severing the link to other dimensions. There's also a single unpickable door in the mansion labelled Containment Room or something like that. Can't find anything else to do! :s

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I've done everything except severing the link to other dimensions. There's also a single unpickable door in the mansion labelled Containment Room or something like that. Can't find anything else to do! :s
    These are related. You need to speak to a dryad close to where the first crayman is.
    Pay attention to what she says, and do as she wants.

Just in case nicked hasn't found it (took me forever to see it), there is an area on the other side of Valeria's mansion, opposite her room, where the dryad and craymen are.

Looks like every question has an answer so far. I'm glad you all are having fun!

Yep, completely missed that small tunnel. Thanks!

I've now completed all my objectives except to use the birdcall. Do I need to use it on something? I assume I'm at the right gate, the big one to the south with a gypsy wagon beyond, but blowing the whistle does nothing.

Master Builder 2018
    You don't need to use it on anything, just blow it near that gate. Provided all your other objectives are complete, it should raise the large metal gate there, though it moves quite slowly.

Oh wait, actually I have an objective un-checked-off again. I did the bit with the dryad and the talismans, and I thought that had ticked off the sever the portal objective. But either it didn't or it's since become unchecked. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do there, and Garrett already said "Only thing left to do is make my exit"

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post

You need to
    spoiler:
    Use them on the crystals in the pylons' bases, despite the fact they don't highlight
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post

You need to
    spoiler:

I think there is a fourth in crayman cave that drops deep down the well once you touch it with the elder vine. Tried to get it but oxygen is not enough to get back up

I managed to grab that one, but it's "rubble" rather than a useful item.

...I have found two flash bombs in the church, are there anymore or is that the lot...

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    thankyou
    every thing done except the crystal thingwhere is this pylon I need to find

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    every thing done except the crystal thingwhere is this pylon I need to find
    There are three big 'light sources' in the city. At the base of each is a circular thingy with a blue crystal inside. You need to replace those blue crystals with the three yellow crystals you have taken from mages.

BANNED
    Nice stuff. I finished it all in just under 4hrs. Liked the references to "Eclipsed" as well as possible references to Schattengilde's FM "Dark Messiah" which I believe used a similar, maybe exact same concept with the "Shadow Dream" enemies.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    There are three big 'light sources' in the city. At the base of each is a circular thingy with a blue crystal inside. You need to replace those blue crystals with the three yellow crystals you have taken from mages.
    thankyou I will go and check those out,i was looking for a tower

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Oh wait, actually I have an objective un-checked-off again. I did the bit with the dryad and the talismans, and I thought that had ticked off the sever the portal objective. But either it didn't or it's since become unchecked. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do there, and Garrett already said "Only thing left to do is make my exit"
    That's odd. If you email me a save I can check it out and try to figure out what's going on.

I've emailed you the save to take a look at in case there's a nasty bug there. In the meantime, I reverted to an earlier save and it all worked correctly this time. Mission complete.

Really enjoyed this one, great atmosphere, pacing and challenge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast