TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Superb mission Thanks HipBreaker, brilliant map in 1st mission with great atmosphere, and so well hidden loot, finished on 2964, 2/4 secrets and only 1/3 relics.....where is all the rest ? never mind i'm off to enjoy your dreams....

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Thor - you can't move at all?
    Nope, at least not that I can tell. I tried walking around for a minute or two.
    The only thing I heard besides the background ambient music was someone walking the grass or something for a brief second and that's it.

I'm not technically minded but you could try turning fogging on or off and seeing whether you can see at all?

Master Builder 2018
    Thor, the second mission starts off black with only ambient music but then you should hear a door open, then footsteps and then a video cutscene should start. If you've waited more than 5 or 10 seconds and you have none of that, then the cutscene is not playing for you for some reason. I'm not sure why. Perhaps HipBreaker, or someone else with more technical knowledge, will know how to fix it.

Fantastic campaign, although I'm still just finishing up the first mission. I'm trying to finish up all optional objectives before I go on, but I seem to have stumbled into a bug: I have collected all 3 flowers for the man who asked me to get them, but I can't put them into the three pots. Right-click does nothing, dropping (R) does nothing either... Is there something else I need to do first before I can complete this objective?

I got a black screen and a creepy ambient music and nothing else. Waited for a few minues even, but nothing. Can't move or jump, nor do I have an inventory.
    +1

This is ace, love the sunset and tropical overgrown atmosphere in part one and the verticality is brilliant - so many places to jump and climb. Got all the relics and the flowers but missed a couple of secrets and a whole lotta loot. The difficulty is good too - reasonably easy puzzles with good clues.

Mission two - absolutely brilliant. That's all I can say! On to mission three!

Put up a mirror at http://derfy.net/fms/Breaking_The_Stone_v10.zip if you need another.

@ poronty - when you try to place them, can you see a faint image in the pot of the correct one to place? Probably daft question but I can't think of anything else. It wasn't a problem in beta.

@ Elvis - Like Thor, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for Hipbreaker.

You make my week! Greatful hopes until the working day ends. Thank you very very much. :-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

@Thor and Elvis, if you could PM me your saves, perhaps I can figure something out. That is odd.

@poronty The transparent spinning flowers should become frobbable after "New Objectives" pop up when Algernon is finished talking. A TrapMetaProp marker is used so the only issue I can think of is that script isn't working properly. Hmmm.

Thank you all for the kind words!
    Last edited by HipBreaker; 15th Jun 2014 at 17:47.

HipBreaker,

I e-mailed you the saves, cause I could not find how to make attachments in PMs here. Hope your ttlg e-mail is still valid.

Thorra.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker View Post
    I am very excited to finally present to you my most recent FM "Breaking the Stone" for Thief 2 (NewDark 1.21)!
    Sweet I have been looking forward to this, nice one HB.

Posted over on the Darkmod forums -

- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...aker-14062014/

Thanks bikerdude!
    Yes that email is valid. I got the saves from a few different people. I'll get to them as soon as I can and send an email response hopefully with a solution! I'll also post the solution here.

The initial cliff vista with the gorgeous distant art has to be one of the most impressive things I've seen in Thief.

Where do I use the seedling? Also, I can't find any of the relics...

And what do the water pumps open?

I was beginning to wonder if things were drying up around here. Glad to see someone still cranking 'em out. Now I've got to get cracking on this beast of a campaign.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Where do I use the seedling?
    Search the areas with trees. Specifically, look for a fallen tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    And what do the water pumps open?
    If you get the levers right, you will hear a sound. Go up the ramps and outside and you will find a small fountain with water in it. Look inside.

Thanks! Also, I just found some holy water, where do I use it?

Master Builder 2018
    If you mean the "strange" holy water, you need to do some reading in the house you found it in.

Thanks. Now I found a plant with an eye, but I don't have anything to frob it with...

@Azaran: Search the building with a Burrick Head over the door.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Gorgeous level so far - I'm having the best time just ignoring the objectives and the map and getting acquainted with the environment. Some of the views are simply incredible. Well done, HB. I'm surprised your entry didn't actually win the Amazon Thief Mod contest.

Thanks! Ok I got the blade and the crystal, but I'm missing the last relic, no idea where to find it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast