TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Southquarter.com/fms
    I need a nudge - looking for the relic that isn't the bracelet or the jewel. I read something about some holy water and a pagan key, neither of which I have found yet. I've been in the house with the burrick above the door, read all the books, got the key that gets me into next room (w/ the "won't budge" door). I know all this is connected somehow but I'm missing something. I've also seen the plant with The Eye on top, behind the building with the switch for east security control. Looking for help, but just a hint please.

Also - need the last flower, I think it's all red. Where is it?

Master Builder 2018
    The answer is in the book downstairs in that house, next to where you found the key. Re-read it carefully.

Bigger hint: Then go into the room the key opened.

For the flowers, there is one just west of the inn and one just north of the west security control. The one you are looking for is probably one of those. The third is in the courtyard east of the church.

Great mission!

I know I might be blind or stupid, but I can't seem to locate the code for the door to the Archive.
    Hint needed, please.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Great mission!

I know I might be blind or stupid, but I can't seem to locate the code for the door to the Archive.
    Hint needed, please.
    whatcode is there not a switch near the door

I assume you have to enter a code before the switch get frobable.

You need to a bit of maths. In Victus' rooms there's a book about the number of mages and apprentices.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You need to a bit of maths. In Victus' rooms there's a book about the number of mages and apprentices.
    Isn't that for the rat elevator riddle ?

No, there's another book for that. The scroll is called the Mage Hierarchy and I think it's on the table in the first Victus room. There's a book in Valeria's room giving the clue. I'm not sure of the exact location but you can easily find it in the mission zip - it's called ValArchives.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    No, there's another book for that. The scroll is called the Mage Hierarchy and I think it's on the table in the first Victus room. There's a book in Valeria's room giving the clue. I'm not sure of the exact location but you can easily find it in the mission zip - it's called ValArchives.
    You wrote "Victus room" in you first answer. I got confused!
    Now I got it. Thanks!

I'm sorry I confused you but that was correct, I believe, although not a book. Just to be clear, there is a scroll (not a book) in Victus' room with a clue and a book in Valeria's room with a clue.

I'm still on mission 1, but so far I'm really liking this: It's fun to play and, as a bonus, it looks good too. Technically, I've already finished the first mission, but I went back, because I wanted to complete the optional objectives (finding three relics and returning the dryad child) and maybe find some more loot too in the buldings I haven't been able to enter yet.

Yah, it a fine looking mission!
    Thanks to the author, HipBreaker!
    Well done!

I to cannot play misson 2 and 3.Same problem as others, blank screen, hear sounds but cannot move.

Door Code: 0714

You're seeing a black screen because Garrett is in a dream state, if that's clear. Just be patient and wait for the monolog (talking) to finish. If you saved during the intro and tried to re-load the save, it will most likely not work, and you'll have restart that particular mission.

So how long does this "dream state" last? 20 minutes and still dreaming.No Monolog,talking or otherwise is to be heard.

Then I suggest you do as others have done, email a savegame to Hipbreaker.

BANNED
    Likely the issue is outdated scripts. If you aren't loading via FMsel you should also probably do that as it causes the least conflicts due to the way that it utilizes NewDark's added load paths capabilities where FM resources are put in separate directories and are prioritized over everything except the uber_mod_path variable in the configs which overrides all but has nothing defined by default.

Southquarter.com/fms
    For the record, I'm using Darkloader and had no issues.

Folks,

I'm still looking for the fourth secret in mission 1 - the one somewhere in the second floor hallway of the Manor. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

- prjames

Update: Thanks, Empyrium!
    Last edited by prjames; 20th Jun 2014 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Folks,

I'm still looking for the fourth secret in mission 1 - the one somewhere in the second floor hallway of the Manor. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

- prjames
    in a table

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    For the record, I'm using Darkloader and had no issues.
    I also use Darkloader...always.FMSel kills my game installation to the point where nothing works .Not FMsel,Darkloader,or the original game.
    Can start a mission with FMsel,play till it crashes,and thats it.Afterwards my whole installation is boogered .Only uninstalling the game and reinstalling it will get things going again.So I just don't use it.

Back to the delima at hand.

Since this "Dream state" obviously a cutscene is,is there any way to configure my game to not run cutscenes, and maybe skip over it to see if that works?

@Ravoll: They aren't cutscenes, unfortunately. The player is essentially frozen in place until the voice acting if done. Then the darkness is slowly replaced by light, the player is "unfrozen," and you begin the level.

Cutscenes are AVI movies that, as you know, are skipped just by clicking, hitting Esc, etc.

If you want, I can send you whatever mission you're playing, where you're past the Dream State, so you can just get down and get on it!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Everyone for whom missions 2 and 3 don't start: You don't have the patched version of gen.osm, which is required for this and numerous other missions (including some of my older ones). There's no reason whatsoever to keep the old unpatched gen sitting around on your computer causing problems... I first saw this issue way back in 2003, and it's hard to believe it's still hanging around.

Solution: Download the patched version of this file HERE, and replace the one in your T2 folder with it. You can rename the old one and keep it around if you like, but I see no reason to. You should now be able to start mission 2 and the cutscene will begin.
    Last edited by Yandros; 20th Jun 2014 at 22:30.

Master Builder 2018
    Lord Yandros to the rescue yet again!

Thanks, Russ!

First mission was great. Much to explore, great architecture but everything kept tight and not overloaded. [B]But now i'm stuck in Mission two.

EDIT! got it on my own

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast