TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

lgs

Yandros thank you so much! everything is working properly

Thank you Russ!!

HipBreaker: there´s an objective called "Keep breathing" in the Goal.str-file for Mission 1 in the zip-file. Is it still in the mission or is it outdated? If not I would really like to know how to achieve it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Everyone for whom missions 2 and 3 don't start: You don't have the patched version of gen.osm, which is required for this and numerous other missions (including some of my older ones). There's no reason whatsoever to keep the old unpatched gen sitting around on your computer causing problems... I first saw this issue way back in 2003, and it's hard to believe it's still hanging around.

Solution: Download the patched version of this file HERE, and replace the one in your T2 folder with it. You can rename the old one and keep it around if you like, but I see no reason to. You should now be able to start mission 2 and the cutscene will begin.

Ok Did it and the mission worked perfectly,but now.....

Tried three other missions with the patched gen.osm.Badblood2, time that has pasted,and 2 fathers.All Ai are frozen with arms stretched to the sides and none of my weapons work.Did the patched gen.osm cause this?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    No, the patched version is the same as your old unpatched one except it includes one additional script that Hipbreaker was using in this mission. I suspect what happened is that your mission loader deleted the gen.osm when you uninstalled this mission, and now you don't have one at all. Go to your mission loader and uninstall any fan mission, then go check your T2 folder and see if the gen.osm file is still there. Recopy in the patched version without any mission installed, then try one of those missions again. If it still fails, with the mission still installed, go see if the gen.osm file is still in your folder.

Where can i find plant with an eye? Downwinder help doesn`t helping me.

Edit:nvm i found it!

Btw People with script problems should try enabling "phys_freq 60" in cam_ext.cfg file.For me it helped with sewer lever puzzle.
    Last edited by Zaratul; 22nd Jun 2014 at 00:38.

Thanks Yandros for finding out about the gen.osm issue. I know in my old installation from the CDs I updated this file but it looks like the GOG version which I am using now does not have this file updated.

That's a shame, GoG should address that. I wonder if the Steam version also includes the unpatched gen.

My GOG version (18 December) has the patched gen.osm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No, the patched version is the same as your old unpatched one except it includes one additional script that Hipbreaker was using in this mission. I suspect what happened is that your mission loader deleted the gen.osm when you uninstalled this mission, and now you don't have one at all. Go to your mission loader and uninstall any fan mission, then go check your T2 folder and see if the gen.osm file is still there. Recopy in the patched version without any mission installed, then try one of those missions again. If it still fails, with the mission still installed, go see if the gen.osm file is still in your folder.

The patched gen.osm (419kb)was still in my installation folder.I went ahead and deinstalled any fan missions by loading the original game with darkloader.Was the only way I could see to do it.Recopied the patched gen.osm .

Nothing changed AI still standing "crucified" and weapons don't work.
    Something is broken again with this installation it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    My GOG version (18 December) has the patched gen.osm.
    That's interesting, I know they updated the installer at some point so who knows. Either way, I will make sure to always double check it when I re-install.

Glad I was able to play all three missions though, thanks for the great FM HipBreaker!

@ravoll, That is quite bizarre. The behavior you describe is very similar to what you see when gen.osm is not available. I'm not sure what to tell you other than try a fresh install, see if one of those missions works, then copy in the patched gen and see if it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    I have collected all 3 flowers for the man who asked me to get them, but I can't put them into the three pots. Right-click does nothing, dropping (R) does nothing either...
    I've collected all flowers but I can't find the three pots.

@Michael: the flowers go in pots in Algernon's house.
    Location hint: His house is one of those in the SE corner on the map.

Ah, wrong house. Thank you.
    Where do I get the bracelet relic?

Hanging around the neck of a statue
    ... somewhere

No, that's not where it is. It's in a cave near the windmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    HipBreaker: there´s an objective called "Keep breathing" in the Goal.str-file for Mission 1 in the zip-file. Is it still in the mission or is it outdated? If not I would really like to know how to achieve it.

Thanks
    It's for real, I got it triggered by.... frobbing a metal grilled door where the main target is hiding behind, this is in the basement of Meliae Manor, but heads up mission 1 will end at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    It's for real, I got it triggered by.... frobbing a metal grilled door where the main target is hiding behind, this is in the basement of Meliae Manor, but heads up mission 1 will end at this point!
    Oops, must have totally missed it, as it was added first at that moment - thank you!

@HipBreaker
    I finished this mission/campaign couple of days ago and was just going to say, that it was a great experience. Especially the first mission. For me it's the visuals and exploration, that draws me back to fanmissions, and I was really impressed with both of these aspects. All these rooftops, balconies and blind alleys to explore! Also it's good to see a mission pushing the engine's limits, making a justice to the New Dark. In terms of complexity I have never seen anything more detailed and robust. I loved the entire view of a city with no need for cheating and blocking wide vistas from player.
    So thanks again - hopefully that wasn't your last fanmission!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    @HipBreaker
    I finished this mission/campaign couple of days ago and was just going to say, that it was a great experience. Especially the first mission. For me it's the visuals and exploration, that draws me back to fanmissions, and I was really impressed with both of these aspects. All these rooftops, balconies and blind alleys to explore! Also it's good to see a mission pushing the engine's limits, making a justice to the New Dark. In terms of complexity I have never seen anything more detailed and robust. I loved the entire view of a city with no need for cheating and blocking wide vistas from player.
    So thanks again - hopefully that wasn't your last fanmission!
    Thank you so much! I was hiding in the shadows until New Dark arrived, like many authors I think. The lure of being able to create large visible areas drew me in. I've always wanted to make a mountainside town, and although I still ran into a lot of limits, I am satisfied with the result. I'm really looking forward to new missions to come, because I am always delighted and surprised by how far this community has come, and enthusiastic about where it is headed. It was a lot of fun creating this mission, but it also created a lot of challenges... However, I hope the end result was worth it for players. I'm not sure what plans I have with dromed, but for the moment I am certainly taking a break.

Excellent Fan Missions

Thanks very much for these missions HipBreaker, beautifully designed and I greatly enjoyed them.

d. Dec 2017
    Absolutely brilliant, HipBreaker! What an imagination, especially the Dream episode. Keep these coming...after you rest just a bit.

I also had problems putting the flowers in the pots at Algernon's. Re-playing, I found I didn't give Algernon time to finish all his spiel before I left to find the flowers. He had some long pauses in between what he had to say.

Question: 1. Cannot find the key to the basement in Meliae Manor, where I think I will find Victus. Is this the elusive switch in the hallway that has been spoken about?

2. Is there a way to get into the big Meliae Manor with the curse on the door at the North end in Game 1?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Update: Found key when I looked more carefully.
    Thanks Nightwalker!
    Last edited by Dawggon; 30th Jun 2014 at 16:56.

The basement key is in a room upstairs so you should go have another look. It's not hidden. No, you can't get into that other building in this mission but you will in Mission 3.

Very nice FM.

I have been having a lot of fun to jumping around this mountain town, but I am stuck in the 3rd part on normal with almost everything done.

I need one more crystal to collect but can't find it. I almost drowned going into the well inside the cave after neutralizing the poison problem there but that crystal was not it.

I have already obtained crystals from the evil hoody guys at the town entrance, near the steps below the chapel, and near the lower ruined housing near tavern, but I need a hint on where the next crystal might be.

The are some crystals in use, but I can't remove them, does the last one have something to do with the containment room?

Just about finished, but I am looking all over and have even been on the roof of Meliae Manor but there is nothing up there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast