TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Master Builder 2018
    You've found them all. There are only 3. You need to swap the ones you have with the ones already in use.

bikerdude
    Just finished playing this, good work HB.

thank You for this amazing Fm i have problem with flowers after i plant them i can collect purse and church key but the objective didnt check off is it normal ???

Master Builder 2018
    No, that's not normal, Tom. Try replacing your copy of gen.osm with this one. You will need to reinstall the mission in FM Sel or Darkloader (whichever you use) in order for it to work, I think. But after you reinstall the mission, you should be able to just load a saved game.

* If I'm wrong about this, someone will surely correct me, but I think that's right.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yes, you should be able to load a save, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You've found them all. There are only 3. You need to swap the ones you have with the ones already in use.
    I'm playing part 3.

I've gotten all three, but where are the ones in use?
    I can't find them in the containment room. I thought I could use them on the red paws there, but I couldn't.

Where is Algernon? He's not in his home, because I can't open his door widely.

Thanks already for any help.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Algernon is in the ruined church building. You can't get in through the doors so you have to find another way. As for the crystals, you have to replace the ones that are already being used. There is one in the central courtyard beside the ruined church, one below Meliae Manor and one way over in the open area near where you entered the town in Mission 1.

Thanks Nightwalker, Just after I posted I found the ones used.
    I hope I can find a way into the church now. Off I go.

EDIT: Finished.
    Waht a great mission! My compliments!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 6th Jul 2014 at 20:44.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I can't get around the Sewer puzzle: I know the stone plaques on the floor are supposed to indicate the water levels or something, but the idea behind the levers and how they really work is beyond me. Sometimes having one of them in position A does something, sometimes it doesn't. I really don't know how the system is supposed to work and yes I did read the note on the wall saying part of it is blocked and I'm supposed to have the levers in default positions or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by zil View Post
    I can't get around the Sewer puzzle: I know the stone plaques on the floor are supposed to indicate the water levels or something, but the idea behind the levers and how they really work is beyond me. Sometimes having one of them in position A does something, sometimes it doesn't. I really don't know how the system is supposed to work and yes I did read the note on the wall saying part of it is blocked and I'm supposed to have the levers in default positions or whatever.
    Basically, you need to have three tubes full of water and one half-full, corresponding to the tiles on the floor. Up levers make the water level rise, the down levers make the water level drop. Use the levers where needed, not all are, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Basically, you need to have three tubes full of water and one half-full, corresponding to the tiles on the floor. Up levers make the water level rise, the down levers make the water level drop. Use the levers where needed, not all are, if memory serves.
    Ok the tiles part I understood.. just how to make them correspond to that was what I didn't get. I'll try to fiddle around it next time, bearing in mind what you said about the levers.

Quote Originally Posted by zil View Post
    Ok the tiles part I understood.. just how to make them correspond to that was what I didn't get. I'll try to fiddle around it next time, bearing in mind what you said about the levers.
    I hope it worked for you, zil. If I remember correctly, from left to right, it's two tubes full of water, on half full, and the last one on the the right full of water. Tiles match with the tubes. Then they should be in the right position. Garrett will say something to that effect when correct.

found the strange holy water and can't remember where I found it so lost as to what to do with it ...help please ... by the way fantastic mission here

It's not required but you can use it to make getting one of the relics a little easier.

This is like the best FM ever made.
    In my personal list it goes way over Rose Cottage, Rowena's Curse, Black Frog and Seven Sisters. The dream part is a masterpiece, and both plot and atmosphere is amazing. Thanks, I had a lot of fun.

Hello HP,

finished your FM today, thanks for it, was a fantastic job !
    I loved exploring the mountain village, design is perfect.
    The plants atmosphere was great too, nice models and textures by the way.
    I loved one little detail too : it's the first time I see the cemetery gate lock with a real hole in it (in the dream mission)

Having the same problem as Thor on the 2nd mission... just a blank screen

Thanks so much! I was looking through the thread but must have missed that post.

Thanks for the great set of missions

Had a terrific time playing the three parts of Breaking the Stone - the interlude in dreams is so weird and wonderful. Thanks for all the hard work by the writer/builder and testers, I had no problems downloading or playing, except for the very occasional stuck-in-rock syndrome. Some fantastic missions have come out in the last two years, this is for me one of the best. The objectives are clear, there's sufficient challenge and there seems to be multiple approaches for solving break-n-enter points. Very impressive, I really liked the afternoon sunlight then switch to evening, really made the city seem like two different places, with different challenges for moving about even though I had a good idea of the layout by then.

Beautiful!

I had a great time going through mission 1. Very nice level design, lots of fun objectives, beautiful graphics....it had pretty much everything. Great work!

I'm stuck in mission 2. I scanned through the thread, didn't see any answers. I have my lantern, and I've made my way to the large room with the floating water cubes and so on, and I can't figure out how to proceed. Help?

Master Builder 2018
    In that room there is a kind of statue of Garrett. He is holding The Eye in his hand. Take it from him (you'll have to drop the lantern to do this) and use it on the semi-transparent eye on the pedestal in the center of that room. A door will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The basement key is in a room upstairs
    I'm having problem with this key too. Where is it exactly?

Thanks much, Tannar!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast