TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

@Haplo: The basement key is on the floor in the overgrown bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    @Haplo: The basement key is on the floor in the overgrown bedroom
    Gracias!

For those taffers who can't search the the forum here's a link to mission 3 discussion http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...king+the+stone

now join TTLG

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!!!!!!!! what an eye candy is this !!! The colours, the buildings, the enviroment, the puzzles...so fresh and different..!!!!! Thank you so much HB this is just awesome!!! I tried to postpone finishing the first one because I wanted to be there more time...!!!!!

What a stunningly beautiful mission! After those first few steps I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head, a sunset mission. I swear up on the overlook I could feel the breeze blowing by. The view from atop the Mayor's house is breathe-taking. I had a fantastic time playing through this mission set, thanks for taking a few years off my life on that second mission! Nightmare, more like a walk down memory lane...

Ghost
    Puzzled...

In mission 1, I roped up the top gibbet, then leapt across to the wall of Meliai Manor. I followed an upward track along the wall to a steel grating. I frobbed it, but when the grating opened, there was nothing but a brick wall behind it.

Possibilities:

1. This is an exit for later.
    2. This is something I must open from somewhere else first.
    3. This is just a big, nasty trick.
    4. ???

Yeesh.

Ghost
    I have the bracelet and the dagger; where might I find the third relic?

Also, I have no idea how to help the Dryad. And I tried to do something in the underground water area; I didn't know what to do, so I tried flipping all the switches down. But it seemed to have no effect. Is there some readable I missed?

Thanks,

D.
    Last edited by Dafydd; 18th Jan 2015 at 06:37.

@Dafydd:

3rd relic: In the underground water area, match the water levels to the pattern on the floor. Then look in the
    water trough outside.

Dryad: Her child is a green cone-shaped lattice somewhere downstairs in the church. Take it to her.

Edit: I've just seen your previous post. It's not meant to be possible to make that jump! In the next mission there is an easier way to get up there and then get through the grating.
    Last edited by ffox; 18th Jan 2015 at 07:44.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by ffox
    It's not meant to be possible to make that jump!
    Ah, the joy of the KOMAG leap...

I have the Dryad's child; it's the mom I can't find.

Edit: All right, I found the Dryad; what was even harder was finding exactly where to put the sprig! In the nearby flowerpot/stump thingie. I finished mission 1 and have moved on to 2...

So here I am in a room with a haunt below me (hissing), a skeletal arm, and nothing else. I have no idea where to frob the arm. Egads!
    Last edited by Dafydd; 19th Jan 2015 at 00:14.

Master Builder 2018
    If you are in what looks like a dream version of the ballroom from Casing the Joint/Masks, you'll need to find a few more bones and then look for a skeleton that is standing upright and missing those bones.

Well, I've found the armbone and the legbone, but I've looked everywhere (I think) but I cannot find the skull. Any hints?

Hiding in plain sight!

Absolutely outstanding work!

I give highest marks to all three parts of this fantastic mission!
    Interesting architecture
    Excellent town layout
    fastidious attention to detail
    Objectives which require thought and strategy to accomplish
    Difficult at times, but there is always a way which seems natural
    Truly formidable enemies
    Great atmosphere
    Thinking outside the norm
    Much freedom of action by the player to proceed as he deems best
    Technical innovations in item interaction (new to me; at least in Thief)
    Virtuoso usage of the NewDark engine

I felt like I was playing a professional product of a major gaming house. It was that good.

I'm only in the beginning but this mission looks fantastic so far !
    I only have a problem : there is no light outside for me. My lightgem stay black even though I'm in plain sunlight. The torchs work fine however.
    I just tested an other mission tooking place during the day (Cursed of the skull goblet) and exterior light works with this one. Where should i look to solve this problem ?

I wish I could help, SilenHorn, but I haven't found anything relevant yet. I'll keep looking but hopefully some technical person will turn up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tone_lord View Post
    I felt like I was playing a professional product of a major gaming house. It was that good.
    It won't surprise you, therefore, to know that Hipbreaker is now working for a major gaming house.

I've been reading the hints here, but I'm getting flustered.
    • I have strange holy water, but can't find where to use it or remember where I got it
    • I found an Eye lock
    • I don't have a pagan key
    • I have not gotten into the room past the door that won't budge

if I can get a hint to the secrets in Valeria's room and the warehouse I will try to get those as well before moving on
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 11th Dec 2016 at 15:44.

Master Builder 2018
    It's been a while since I played it, but iirc, you need to get into the building which has "the door that won't budge". There is a room where you can do a bit of reading, and then, make your way to the room which is on the inside of that door that won't budge, and look carefully at the body on the floor. It might be a skeleton, I can't remember.

from the other side of the building (the door with the burrick head) there is a room with 3 books and a locked door that would lead to the room you are talking about, but I don't have a key and picks don't work
    edit: silly me, there is a wall-colored book in an alcove along with the key in that very room!
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 11th Dec 2016 at 17:01.

Master Builder 2018
    Yes, that's why I said "do a bit of reading".

Loving this mission. I still need to complete all the optional objectives.

I have the dryad's child but where do I take it?

I have the bracelet relic and crystal relic but where is the third one?

The child must be taken to the southeast corner of the map, outside the town. Behind some trees, there is a cave with a Dryad. She will tell you where exactly you have to place the child.

Water levels in sewer are bugged for me. I have to quicksave to make the water level budge a bit.

It's been a while, but I forgot to mention that I have now returned the dryad's child. However, I still need to find the last relic. I have the bracelet and the crystal.

Playthrough of Breaking the Stone - Mission 1 in 4K with all loot & secrets:

Playthrough of Breaking the Stone: Missions 2 & 3 in 4K

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567