TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mortuos Liber 24 June 2014

T2 FM: Mortuos Liber 24 June 2014

Here is my new T2 FM, Mortuos Liber for NewDark 1.21

Garrett was on his way to a friend in old Quarter when he passing
    this little town. He heard a couple on the street talking about a
    rare and valuable ring. It belongs to Sheriff Argus.
    He has a mansion in this town. Take some loot too.

Thanks to nickie who checked the texts in the mission.
    To Dussander for shalebridgecradle.
    To zappen for translations.

And obviously the beta testers for their hard work:
    Eiji
    fibanocci
    Gloria Creep
    Sofie
    trix
    zappen
    Zaya_Ayame

I'm also saying thank to all the custom stuff makers.

Southquarter - Thanks Brethren
    Taffers Paradise - Thanks Lord Soth

Google Drive
    Last edited by Beltzer; 9th Sep 2014 at 03:11.

Looks like I found a thing to do after I finish with the making of the food.

Edit: It crashes for some reason if I'm using an ubermodpath'd modified water. I went through my default mods disabling trying to find which could have been causing a crash and that was it. No big deal. I disabled the culprit and can load the mission now.
    Last edited by GUFF; 24th Jun 2014 at 19:10.

Awesome! Finally another release, things have been going slow with releases this year. I'll have to play this later after I'm done my daily Dromeding But good job on releasing it

Mortuos Liber = Day of Wrath?

My Latin sucks. Book of the Dead
    Last edited by Ricebug; 20th Sep 2014 at 07:52.

So this looks huge. I got outside and am exploring this town, found some sewers... looks like this is gonna be a long one like Beltzer's previous missions which I also enjoyed quite a lot. Somehow I think that something is going to go terribly wrong in the story, too, judging by the note you find in the room in the beginning before you can open it.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    Awesome! Finally another release, things have been going slow with releases this year. I'll have to play this later after I'm done my daily Dromeding But good job on releasing it
    If you have a computer that can run it decently enough (something that would be considered mid-range maybe 3-4 years ago, seriously,) play Dark Mod too! Lots of good stuff for it this year.

@GUFF- I'm not really into TDM at all and I haven't played it yet but probably wont play it anyways. The main reason being is that I don't think it would have the same feeling as Thief and it reminds me too much of Thief 3 so I definitely wouldn't be into it People say that "Oh it's awesome and kind of better than Thief and more advanced" and I'm like "Buzz Off!" because it really isn't and with NewDark I think that Thief is just as good as it. I wasn't trying to be offensive, I was just stating my opinion

Oh, awesome! Outta nowhere new mission!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    @GUFF- I'm not really into TDM at all and I haven't played it yet but probably wont play it anyways. The main reason being is that I don't think it would have the same feeling as Thief and it reminds me too much of Thief 3
    @Sneaky - I don't want to derail Beltzer's thread too much, but you really shouldn't judge TDM at all until you've at least tried it out. Saying it doesn't feel like Thief or reminds you of T3 is ridiculous, because there's no way to know until you actually play it. And it isn't as if you have to decide between Thief and TDM, you can play both. I play every FM that comes out for T1/T2/T3 and TDM. The more thieving the better.

Anyway, congrats to Beltzer on the release. It was completely bizarre timing when I PMed him earlier today and asked if he had anything in the works right now.

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release, Beltzer
    Thank you!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats on the release! Can't wait to have time to play it!

Great mission so far LOOKS amazing, but I can not find where to use the code in the sherrif's mansion

Congratulations, Beltzer! Looking forward to playing it!

ok i figured it out,this is a amazing mission

made it to the cemetery wow this is getting even better
    Last edited by downwinder; 25th Jun 2014 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    where do i use wrench and door handle i made? also where is the book? other wise only short about 500 loot,and i only found 1 special lock is there more?

also i did see that wire from house to mansion but nothing i had worked on it,i am figuring its like a zipline,but i just used front gate to get in then knock out guard in a dark place,so not sure if i broke gameplay as i been everywhere else but bridge
    The wrench and door handle are used at the gate at the opposite end of the marketplace area where you can find the sword. There's a barred gate you use the wrench to remove the bar from, then attach the door handle. Not sure about the mansion zipline thing myself. I thought the same thing but it didn't do anything when I frobbed it. Possibly an item we missed that allows that? But then how to get out since it seems to be one-way only.

WASTE OF MY TIME! This mission is very nice looking and all but it is way too frustrating with the huge amounts of AI in the mission. Also I'm down to one health shield and cannot find any healing potions. You could've put a few in there! Another thing is that I've had to reload probably 20 times because of the stupid AI and it's just ridiculous!

I'm sorry if I am complaining too much but it's too much frustration for me to handle. I've gotten the ring, got the wrench and am 500 short on loot. I can't find the door handle smelter, where is it?
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Jun 2014 at 03:02. Reason: Added spoiler cover

ok need a bit of help i am in haunted house,i got diamond,i see a flaming mace in one room,can access it,a massive dewdrop with knife was in bedroom,but now moved to door by second floor balcony,i love this mission,one of the best puzzlers ever with some extra stuff,also in room with 3 items on wall what do i do there to be dark? as wording says? do i use rock anywhere in house?

also looks like i need a key to the side of that dresser,not sure what else i can do unless i got to massivly backtrack?
    Last edited by downwinder; 25th Jun 2014 at 02:32.

sneakyguy to get what you need do this get code in downstairs of mansion then use code in police station top room,take advanced lock picks you get to one of the warehouses use advanced lock picks on the green lock,you have to jump on boxes to see it,then inside is the door knob form,then you should know the rest to get to next part,don't worrie about loot you will get it in next part i am sure,mission is bigger then what you first see

ok need a bit of help i am in haunted house,i got diamond,i see a flaming mace in one room,can access it,a massive dewdrop with knife was in bedroom,but now moved to door by second floor balcony,i love this mission,one of the best puzzlers ever with some extra stuff,also in room with 3 items on wall what do i do there to be dark? as wording says? do i use rock anywhere in house?
    There's a hint in the first floor bedroom for this.

SPOILER ON THAT:

Find the Victrola item outside. Take it into that bedroom with the note, and hit the tiny switch next to the rodent cage. Drop the victrola there in front of it and you should pick it up again immediately. It records the sound of the rodent in pain. Use that in the room with the mirror and 2 paintings.

@downwinder- Thank You! And Beltzer I am very sorry for saying that it's a waste of my time and for the criticism it's just that I'm very frustrated

Mortuos liber......book of death ?

ok made it a bit further,need a tip i found 2/4 pieces to life staff,i got one in locker with skeleton and the top part fro key on side of dresser that opened down stairs glass cases,where are the other 2? also i already droped book on grave

SneakyGuy - if you are frustrated, go for a walk, calm down and then come back and ask for help. If you wish to criticise something then do so, but politely. There's absolutely no reason for shouting and it's lucky you apologised.

Congratulations on the release, Beltzer, I'm really looking forward to playing this.

ok made it a bit further,need a tip i found 2/4 pieces to life staff,i got one in locker with skeleton and the top part fro key on side of dresser that opened down stairs glass cases,where are the other 2? also i already droped book on grave
    It's the "diamonds" item made when you collect both diamonds. You said you had one in a previous post (I assume it's from the roof, the one you can see outside. The other is above the room with the flaming staff. Check next to the bed with the woman's corpse on it and you should find a tiny switch that will open up a way to an attic that has the other diamond. You can assemble it in the basement where you found the crystal ball.

Also I ran into a bug...

After having finished the haunted house thing and getting back into the town, I saved. Then I reloaded and I got that pink fade to black thing when like you frob the mage guy who kills everything to get you back to town. It never went away so I can't complete the mission. No big deal as I can just restart.

thank you

but i might have a glitch let me know i made talisman of life, i put book on grave,but talsiman will not go on grave nor will if go on claw up stairs,for some reason the first letter reapeard on hand ,so not sure what to do now?i might be mistaken and doing wrong step?

even though i got letter i still not sure what to do please help how do i drive the talisman through the demons human form? i tryed to frob the beast walking around downstairs and nothing,i think i misinterrupting clue big time?
    Last edited by downwinder; 25th Jun 2014 at 04:11.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast