TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Taking Screen Shots In Thief 3

Taking Screen Shots In Thief 3

I thought I would start a thread for this since it works so well.
    I couldn’t get Dxtory or FRAPPS to work for what I wanted to do, so I finally found this free print screen program for taking screen shots. Works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. No watermarking, unless you want to make your own.
    Gadwin Information & Download Gadwin
    I highly recommend that you customize your options, before you take screenshots, so you’ll know where they will be going etc…

1. Start Gadwin and click the gear icon on the mini window “widget” to open the options.
    2. Go to “post capture actions” on the left side of the options menu.
    3. Click on “capture folder”, then the “…” box to browse for a different folder if desired.

Under the “Preferences” menu, I recommend turning off the “preview captured image”. Otherwise it will bring you back to the desktop. I also prefer to turn off the “camera shutter sounds”. I don’t like things that take me out of the immersion.

Also important, in the “Preferences” menu, turn off “Show notification messages” or it tends to throw a little white box on your screen shots.

Under the “image” menu, turn off “add shadow”; I’m not sure what shadow does, but it probably changes the original integrity of the image.

Image options available, and changed through the “post capture actions” menu, are: PNG; BMP; GIF; JPG; TIF; and EXIF.

You can change the “filename template” and it will number your images thusly:
    “TDS_PrtSc”; “TDS_Prtsc 001”; “TDS_Prtsc 002”…

Note: You could change the filename each time you start a new mission to have the screenshots named accordingly.
    If you don’t like how the mini window “widget” hops around and auto-hides, you can change that in the “preferences” menu. There is also a little push-pin on the top of the mini window to toggle auto-hide.

My screenshots save at 1024 X 786 resolutions even though my desktop resolution is different, but it’s still a good screenshot resolution size anyway.

bikerdude
    Awesome.

Thanks a lot for this. I think my fraps DOES workj with T3 but if it does not I will try your recipe

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBack'ereU Taffer View Post
    Thanks a lot for this. I think my fraps DOES workj with T3 but if it does not I will try your recipe
    I like this program so much that I use it with other games and Thief 2014 as well; though I'm going to suffer doing reviews for it, I may as well have screenshots to go along with them.

My Frapps works with T3... both snapshots and video. I paid for mine so there's no watermarks.