TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 HD Texture Mod

Awsome work, Gecko!

This has probably been answered before.
    Are FM authors allowed to use your resources?
    I'm very interested in textures.

For sure. Feel free to use all textures you need

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    For sure. Feel free to use all textures you need
    I love you.

Is this incompatible with Northon's Ultimate Difficulty mod?

It's not compatible at the moment.

@ voodoo47

this is the third time that a person has problems with spawning golden candlesticks.

https://www.twitch.tv/rickmcknight/c...e=7d&sort=time

Also here i couldn't reconstruct the szenario. I know it has something to do with 'interactive candle' code. But i have no idea why it happens sometimes. And i have no idea what to do to fix it. Maybe you can take a look at the T2 HDMOD gamesys?

I've uploaded the gamesys:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13n...sXu4XKVu_CfhoU
    Last edited by Gecko; 11th Feb 2019 at 05:08.

Zombified
    I believe I've checked it the last time, and found nothing odd. random items turning into different items happens if you are running out of (system) memory, if (my) memory serves (was a relatively common issue in SS2 with a lot of mods loaded, before NewDark lifted most engine limitations).

will have a look again, probably next week, but I doubt I will find anything. I will also check the dml code, maybe I can simplify it - the simpler the code, the less prone to issues it is.

//very quick look at the gamesys, I see the CandlePoker stim is assigned on the archetypes. this is redundant, and suggests that you have used an older version of the code - I would suggest removing the current setup completely from all candle archetypes and applying the latest version (this is a minimalist package that takes the gold candlesticks out of the equation completely. this means not all candles will be interactive, but it should be very safe). also, just keeping the code in the dml and not integrate it into the gamesys is probably a good idea as well - that way, people can deactivate (or modify) it really easily in case problems emerge.

remember, the concretes targeted by the mission dmls need to be set up correctly (animlights, all rogue props or lights removed) for everything to work properly.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 11th Feb 2019 at 17:03.

Is there any way at all to use Thief 2's Ultimate Difficulty mod with any sort of texture overhaul? Like, with Necro Age since Necro Age doesn't use a gamesys?

Quote Originally Posted by Goethe's Ghost View Post
    Great update! Do you happen to have the "Ultimate Difficulty" available for Thief 2 HD mod like you do for the Thief 1 HD mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post

there is no release planned at the moment. But maybe in upcoming months.
    You can use 'Necro Age' or 'EP2' with Ultimate Difficulty mod. I think i wrote you the answer already on moddb (if your name is Jobesky)

@ voodoo

thank you for your answer! That's a lot of work. I don't know when i will find the time to do all the 'replace' stuff for the 'candle code'....we will see. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Gecko; 12th Feb 2019 at 14:54.

Zombified
    it's actually more like 15 minutes stripping away the old code from the archetypes, and maybe half a hour making sure all the concretes are set up properly. once that is done, the dmls will just snap into place and do their magic.

I extended this offer to Gecko (who I assume is Bentraxx on ModDB) but anyone who makes Northon's Ultimate Difficulty mod for Thief 2 compatible with the HD mod and Tafferpatcher will be paid via PayPal. This is beyond my skills and I have nowhere else to ask.

Thanks for the HD mod. I recently finished Thief gold HD and currently replaying Thief 2 HD after about 9 years not playing any of the 2 classics and its trully a blast from the past. Everything looks awesome and just how i remembered but a bit nicer to the eyes!

One small complaint that i have is that the grassy area's are a bit annoying when you are looking for stuff on the ground like in "Trail of blood" or even the the plate in the courtyard area from the first mission in T2. I'm sure i missed a few items by now since i can't see them very well. ^^

Hi,
    Probably been an issue before, but after installing the HD Mod I cannot complete Blood Trail, I can put the Rubys in all I like, the portal will not open and let me through....
    Any Idea how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Frohman View Post
    I extended this offer to Gecko (who I assume is Bentraxx on ModDB) but anyone who makes Northon's Ultimate Difficulty mod for Thief 2 compatible with the HD mod and Tafferpatcher will be paid via PayPal. This is beyond my skills and I have nowhere else to ask.
    I too would pay for something like this. It really does make the game a challenge again. To be honest, there's so much work gone into Thief to patch and mod it, I almost feel guilty enjoying it all for free Thanks for all the effort!

Zombified
    hmm. first, lets make sure - we are talking about converting this so it could be used in modern T2 environment?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    hmm. first, lets make sure - we are talking about converting this so it could be used in modern T2 environment?
    Yes, that's it. It works well (as far as I've tried it on Running Interference only) but not with HDMod installed. Does seem to work with EP2. Not tried it with Necro Age. But I really like the HDMod

Zombified
    ok, here's the deal - I can try to make a blind conversion, meaning porting the changes to a dml, and making sure everything loads. can't do any ingame testing, as I'm not familiar with the mod itself. this means testing and reporting bugs will be left to you (or anyone else wiling to help).

also, I will not ask for money (before, during or after the process), you (and anyone else) are however free to donate any sum of money for any bit of work I've done at any point of time you deem fit (my donation link).

you good with this?

While this is in no sense urgent, the next release of the Thief 2 HD Mod should probably not include the NewDark executable, especially considering the Thief Gold HD Mod does not implement it. Its current inclusion holds all HD Mod users to NewDark 1.26, even after installing a more recent version. This may pose a problem in the future.

ok, here's the deal - I can try to make a blind conversion, meaning porting the changes to a dml, and making sure everything loads. can't do any ingame testing, as I'm not familiar with the mod itself. this means testing and reporting bugs will be left to you (or anyone else wiling to help).
    Should it be desired, I would be glad to aid in making the Thief 2 Ultimate Difficulty Mod compatible with modern installations and can provide testing if needed. NewDark 1.27 can facilitate this goal given the new DML capabilities it introduces. However, the lack of a proper changelog complicates the matter. The included readme does provide some information, but an analysis of the modified gamesys will likely be required.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    Thief 2 HD Mod should probably not include the NewDark executable
    yeah, that is the mother of the mother of bad ideas.

anyway, hit a show stopping issue with the dml archetype creation (investigating), so I had to do it the hard way - edited the T2 hdmod 1.0 gamesys where necessary, and put the rest into a dml. the log outputs are looking good, but a ton of testing will be necessary to see whether everything works as it should. so;

ultimate difficulty for T2 hdmod 1.0 ONLY!

extract the archive to where hdmod dark.gam is, overwrite. AND YOU NEED TO MANUALLY DROP THE 1.27 Thief2.exe INTO YOUR T2 ROOT!

yeah, that is the mother of the mother of bad ideas.

AND YOU NEED TO MANUALLY DROP THE 1.27 Thief2.exe INTO YOUR T2 ROOT!
    I did this because Tafferpatcher was out of date (NewDark 1.25) and there was no T2Fix at this time. But T2 HD mod requires ND 1.26 or higher to work correctly. I can remove the .exe now...

Zombified
    I guess it was a lesser of two evils situation then.

anyway, if planning to update to remove the exe, you probably should check with Jax64 to make hdmod work better with T2Fix (the cam_mod.ini edit for example).

also, the gamesys has 3400+ lost/missing archetypes, might want to purge those, maybe. bunch of ani frame warnings in the console when loading the first map as well.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Jun 2019 at 18:16.

Zombified
    anyway, porting the UD mod properly is impossible at the time, so the gamesys version will have to do for now.

creating a T2Fix version wouldn't be that difficult, I may do it if there is demand (the edited gamesys should definitely not be part of the main branch though).

extract the archive to where hdmod dark.gam is, overwrite. AND YOU NEED TO MANUALLY DROP THE 1.27 Thief2.exe INTO YOUR T2 ROOT!
    Is this for testing? I can copy the dark.gam and dark.gam.dml in but don't really understand the 1.27 Thief.exe bit. I have Thief2.exe in the root folder already. Or is it the 1.27 T2Fix.exe?

Zombified
    yes. basically, use T2Fix, back the exe up, apply hdmod, restore the T2Fix 1.27 exe. overwrite dark.gam with the test version (the dml goes to the same location).

see whether things work (I would be really surprised if everything worked ok, as it's some 1600 lines of code).

This is great, I will test it out when I have time. So far I can tell that the servent in the first mission is walking faster. ;-)

So far the DifficultyMod is working as expected. But the fast walking AIs make me fuzzy. Any chance you could (with hopefully minimal effort) provide a version with normal AI speed?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast