TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Thief 2 HD Texture Mod

Awsome work, Gecko!

This has probably been answered before.
    Are FM authors allowed to use your resources?
    I'm very interested in textures.

For sure. Feel free to use all textures you need

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    For sure. Feel free to use all textures you need
    I love you.

Is this incompatible with Northon's Ultimate Difficulty mod?

It's not compatible at the moment.

@ voodoo47

this is the third time that a person has problems with spawning golden candlesticks.

https://www.twitch.tv/rickmcknight/c...e=7d&sort=time

Also here i couldn't reconstruct the szenario. I know it has something to do with 'interactive candle' code. But i have no idea why it happens sometimes. And i have no idea what to do to fix it. Maybe you can take a look at the T2 HDMOD gamesys?

I've uploaded the gamesys:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13n...sXu4XKVu_CfhoU
    Last edited by Gecko; 11th Feb 2019 at 06:08.

Zombified
    I believe I've checked it the last time, and found nothing odd. random items turning into different items happens if you are running out of (system) memory, if (my) memory serves (was a relatively common issue in SS2 with a lot of mods loaded, before NewDark lifted most engine limitations).

will have a look again, probably next week, but I doubt I will find anything. I will also check the dml code, maybe I can simplify it - the simpler the code, the less prone to issues it is.

//very quick look at the gamesys, I see the CandlePoker stim is assigned on the archetypes. this is redundant, and suggests that you have used an older version of the code - I would suggest removing the current setup completely from all candle archetypes and applying the latest version (this is a minimalist package that takes the gold candlesticks out of the equation completely. this means not all candles will be interactive, but it should be very safe). also, just keeping the code in the dml and not integrate it into the gamesys is probably a good idea as well - that way, people can deactivate (or modify) it really easily in case problems emerge.

remember, the concretes targeted by the mission dmls need to be set up correctly (animlights, all rogue props or lights removed) for everything to work properly.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 11th Feb 2019 at 18:03.

Is there any way at all to use Thief 2's Ultimate Difficulty mod with any sort of texture overhaul? Like, with Necro Age since Necro Age doesn't use a gamesys?

Quote Originally Posted by Goethe's Ghost View Post
    Great update! Do you happen to have the "Ultimate Difficulty" available for Thief 2 HD mod like you do for the Thief 1 HD mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post

there is no release planned at the moment. But maybe in upcoming months.
    You can use 'Necro Age' or 'EP2' with Ultimate Difficulty mod. I think i wrote you the answer already on moddb (if your name is Jobesky)

@ voodoo

thank you for your answer! That's a lot of work. I don't know when i will find the time to do all the 'replace' stuff for the 'candle code'....we will see. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Gecko; 12th Feb 2019 at 15:54.

Zombified
    it's actually more like 15 minutes stripping away the old code from the archetypes, and maybe half a hour making sure all the concretes are set up properly. once that is done, the dmls will just snap into place and do their magic.

I extended this offer to Gecko (who I assume is Bentraxx on ModDB) but anyone who makes Northon's Ultimate Difficulty mod for Thief 2 compatible with the HD mod and Tafferpatcher will be paid via PayPal. This is beyond my skills and I have nowhere else to ask.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314