TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Necro Age 2.3 and T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age OUT NOW!

I am replaying Thief gold with this texture mod + tfix 1.27. I've noticed the fire spirit or shadow uses the original model instead of necro age one, also same goes to the blackjack not using the necro age one. is this a bug?

Zombified
    if you are using TFix, the blackjack is intentional, to not clash with other fixed resources. the fireshadow as well, as long as you have the dark skin with fiery eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    if you are using TFix, the blackjack is intentional, to not clash with other fixed resources. the fireshadow as well, as long as you have the dark skin with fiery eyes.
    Nice to hear that. It doesn't bother me much anyway, i just thought there might be something wrong with my installation.
    Thanks for reply.

Hey, I've been having this problem for awhile but I'm only just now trying to solve it.

Whenever I install NecroAge, for whatever reason, wine barrels are hollow. They have their sides and a spout floating in mid-air, but when looking at them head-on, they are utterly hollow. I know this wasn't intentional because a) there's a spout is floating in mid-air, and b) whenever I remove NecroAge and go back to vanilla, the barrels have full textures with no holes or anything floating.

I even tried installing T2Fix without the enhancement pack to see if that'd help but it didn't.

Am I missing something? Every other texture in the game seems perfectly fine apart from this one specific one and I've installed nothing else except for T2Fix.

Zombified
    screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    screenshots?
    https://i.imgur.com/M0fmI6s.png

EDIT: I also noticed this happens with the large barrels too.

https://i.imgur.com/ZEci8AE.png
    Last edited by MarcusFlintlock; 23rd Aug 2020 at 16:43.

Bump?

Zombified
    ah, forgot to reply. yep, the replacement hires object is broken. I can ask Olfred to fix it, but I don't know, do I really want to get into NecroAge patching? is the project abandoned? it's been four years since the author was here..

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFlintlock View Post
    Hey, I've been having this problem for awhile but I'm only just now trying to solve it.

Whenever I install NecroAge, for whatever reason, wine barrels are hollow. They have their sides and a spout floating in mid-air, but when looking at them head-on, they are utterly hollow. I know this wasn't intentional because a) there's a spout is floating in mid-air, and b) whenever I remove NecroAge and go back to vanilla, the barrels have full textures with no holes or anything floating.

I even tried installing T2Fix without the enhancement pack to see if that'd help but it didn't.

Am I missing something? Every other texture in the game seems perfectly fine apart from this one specific one and I've installed nothing else except for T2Fix.
    Very late, but what I did is replace the Barrel.bin and Barrel1.bin files from inside the obj folder with the ones that come with the Enhancement Pack. The textures seem to fit perfectly so I can only assume that they're the same models just updated.
    Also, Necro Age uses outdated and broken sword meshes for Thief 2 for some reason. Replacing them with the ones from t2fix does the job.
    Last edited by Gabe29; 9th Feb 2021 at 02:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe29 View Post
    Very late, but what I did is replace the Barrel.bin and Barrel1.bin files from inside the obj folder with the ones that come with the Enhancement Pack. The textures seem to fit perfectly so I can only assume that they're the same models just updated.
    Also, Necro Age uses outdated and broken sword meshes for Thief 2 for some reason. Replacing them with the ones from t2fix does the job.
    Just did this myself and it seems fixed! Shame this isn't just part of the original pack but maybe your solution should be "pinned" somehow.

For dummies like me, you can just "open" your crf files with 7zip or whatever, delete the Barrel and Barrel1 bin files, and then just move the ones over from EP2.

Thanks so much!

EDIT: Although you should always make a backup, of course.

I know using texture packs isn't recommended for FMs (this issue I'm having probably being one of the reasons), but if I was determined, could anyone please help me solve the following problem?

This is the Endless Rain FM, and here's what it looks like without any texture packs (beautiful)

Here it is again with the Necro Age texture pack (which looks beautiful in most other FMs I played, but not here) The fog seemingly not overlapping some of the textures is what I mean (though the lighting as a whole seems...off)

Is this just a case of some FMs not playing very well with texture packs? or is there something in the cam_ext.cfg settings I can change to improve the look?

Thank you in advance for your help

Hello Wizd3m, the Endless Rain FM was never built or intended for texture packs. For this reason you will find incongruency and outright misaligned textures. The best would be if there was ever a canon texture pack that are exact copies of the older textures but HD from the source. There was such a project at TTLG but it's very very slow and casually updated. Even then, some textures were likely made for this FM that fit, albeit not vanilla, so they would pop out if you replace canon. Perhaps if the author was satisfied with the canon pack work they may also contribute updated versions of their textures.

Hey Gamophyte, thanks for replying! I assumed as much, just wanted to see if maybe I was missing something obvious, like a setting or some update. The project you mention, are you talking about EP2? If so, indeed, it's a shame that it was never completed because the work so far is great in my opinion (and works just fine with Endless Rain, by the way). Guess I'll just stick to EP2 and hope for future updates.

Sweet! Thanks again gamophyte!

Coming back to Thief gold after a very long time away, would like to give this mod a go but google drive needs permission??? Do I need to pm the mod maker??

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011