TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Taffer: The Dark Project Mod - v0.1

Keyla the Otter

Taffer: The Dark Project Mod - v0.1

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm ready to release the first playable version of Taffer: The Dark Project!

It's an audio mod that replaces Garrett's voice clips and sounds with those of a guard. I'm going to do all three original guard voices from Thief Gold, and the first one is now in a playable state. All the basic gameplay sounds and some quotes from Lord Bafford's Manor have been changed.

You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ufkuqrwnb...20Mod.zip?dl=0

Have fun! Next up on my list is Thief Gold's one-liners from Garrett during each level, starting with Cragscleft Prison.

bikerdude
    Oh man, this is bloody brilliant.

Last edited by bikerdude; 18th Mar 2015 at 12:56.

Nice idea

Keyla the Otter
    UPDATE: Now working on Benny's voice. Once all three have their basic voice clips done, I'll start working on the mission dialogue.

Funny little mod, I've enjoyed the video.

Hearing the "Dan Thron Guard" as the protagonist is amusing, to say the least.

"Hey, you! Go down the well and give us some water!"
    *Taffer blackjacks guard in the head*
    "Not today, buddy."

Why didn't LGS put this as a conversation in game? Would be funny to see Garrett speaking the last liner himself.

That "Ha ha!" he makes when he climbs is gold

When did they originally say "Where's the cepter?" ? I did never notice this in the original Thief..

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousToni View Post
    When did they originally say "Where's the cepter?" ? I did never notice this in the original Thief..
    If you run through the audio files, there's quite a few lines that didn't really make it into the game, at least as far as I can tell. One amusing one is Garrett going "Taffer?" as though it's the first time he heard it, but I don't recall him ever saying that in the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    If you run through the audio files, there's quite a few lines that didn't really make it into the game, at least as far as I can tell. One amusing one is Garrett going "Taffer?" as though it's the first time he heard it, but I don't recall him ever saying that in the actual game.
    We need a mod where all unused audio files are included at the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    Oh thank you, that's quite interesting - I never heard the audio files manually. What a shame that they didn't put them into the game. Does this apply for other languages too or only for the original american english?

Quote Originally Posted by User 205 View Post
    We need a mod where all unused audio files are included at the right spot
    Yes that would definitly be an important and thankful task. I also wonder, since it seems you can edit the original missions, why none of the experienced mappers already started to enhance the original missions with more detailed rooms since NewDark happened. I mean, they do the same with the textures atm.

So funny! Great placement on the library one-liner.
    "I don't like this place at all... grumble grumble"

Nice mod. How to activate more voices? Possible or not? Not only guard, yet, for example mage