TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Official EIDOS forum is moving - your action is required to preserve your account !

Official EIDOS forum is moving - your action is required to preserve your account !

As announced today, the official EIDOS forum will be moving to Square Enix.
    Some of you may have an account on EIDOS that you want to be transferred to SquareEnix.
    Take note that this will require your action before Nov 19 2014 !
    Otherwise your identity and post-history will not be transferred and lost.

Read the announcement at the top and follow the instructions
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/

Users with less than 30 posts will not be tranferred anyway, but anyone else will need to take action before that date.
    The Eidos forum will shut down.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks, although I rarely go there, I've had my account for 11 years, and would like to migrate it. However, apparently someone else has already taken my name on the new forums, so they're telling us over there to make an account with name very similar to your old one, like add a dash or underscore. Also, you can't register currently as it always rejects your password even though you're creating and not signing in - they hope that's fixed tomorrow.

Just tried to move. SlyFoxx is already taken. "Sly" is three letters short for a user name so no joy there. Not much point in trying to transfer accounts if I can't keep my nick. A fond farewell to The Crippled Burrick 1.0.

Same here, I registered as Yandros_ based on the directions given in that thread, Sly. Or should I say, SlyFoxx_.

It says Nightwalker is taken as well. I've had that nick for many, many years so I've done the same as you for now, Russ in hopes that it might get sorted out. I don't go there much anymore anyway as the Thief forums are pretty much dead.

They assured everyone that their post history etc. would migrate correctly. Time will tell.

I'll try to migrate when I get home from work. Our firewall blocks it here. The only thing I've done at Eidos is post my ghost reports. I hope those will be transferred, although I have them all on my website.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I think all the posts are being transferred. The urgency with creating an account before the deadline is so that your past posts can be connected/attributed to your user account, as I understand it.

Fortunately I don't need to do anything with my account because prior to Thi4f's release I was permanently banned from Eidos Forums for proving that the "volunteer moderators" were intentionally skewing the discussion in favor of the terrible product instead of letting both positive and negative feedback in there. I think their last straw (and mine) was when I pointed out that the "official previews" thread that one of the mods had compiled, got a bunch of comprehensive negative previews of the game linked to it, and the mod responsible for the thread only linked the positive previews on the thread's OP and "forgot" to link the negative ones.

In other words, the Eidos Forums are fascist and corrupt. They exist for product marketing, not for discussion. And based on what Thi4f turned out to be, they also exist to gather extensive fan feedback about things that should or should not be implemented in the next installments of franchises, so that the developers could know how to intentionally do the opposite of what everyone had wanted.

I don't have to do anything as I told them to close my account over their treatment of Thief fans

If you find posts from an esme over there that don't predate the T4 release, be assured they aren't from me

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I think all the posts are being transferred. The urgency with creating an account before the deadline is so that your past posts can be connected/attributed to your user account, as I understand it.
    Right. Everything will be transferred.
    And reading the announcement again, I do not think that one must take any action before that date.
    But somehow I have the feeling that it would be a good idea to create your account ahead of time and be ready to post 'in a specific thread' once the initial migration has completed - so that your account can be associated with those old posts.
    Not sure how long that window is open for people to take the required take actions.
    It sounds like the entire process will 'probably take several months'.
    Well, at least people are now aware of those changes that are about to happen in a few days.

So my username was taken too on the new forums, had to use AzaranTheCruel

ZylonBane
    Everyone who had their username squatted should just register with "TheReal" prefixed to their username.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

My account only has 18 posts, oh well. The only posts of value that I had over there entailed convincing Nixxes to put a FOV slider into DX:HR, after the lead designer at Edios Montreal was a patronising cunt on the issue.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118495

Look at all of those blind developer fanboys with their "it's not an issue for me" retarded replies. We have peripheral vision in real life, I like having it in my first person view games too, thanks. I'm so glad that FOV sliders have become fairly common place in PC ports of AAA multi-platform releases in recent years.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 15th Nov 2014 at 14:51.

If I had anything worth preserving at Eidos, I'd preserve a copy for myself.

As for the 'already taken' usernames, I'd appreciate it if anyone like Yandros, Sly, Nightwalker and Azaran, whose names have already been registered by someone else, would list it here. I don't go there very often but I'd like to know if names I'm so familiar with are posting or not.

Just for fun, I decided to log in at SE and do a member search for this other Yandros account which prevented me from registering as Yandros, and lo and behold it doesn't exist. The only one over there is my Yandros_ account, so I can only assume the whole registration thing is pretty buggered, or at least it was a few days ago when I signed up. What a gigantic Charlie Foxtrot.

I registered the other night as TTLG_SlyFoxx. Not that I think I'll post much. I don't think I had 500 posts on the Eidos board to begin with. Shame to lose such an old account but only for nostalgic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Just for fun, I decided to log in at SE and do a member search for this other Yandros account which prevented me from registering as Yandros, and lo and behold it doesn't exist. The only one over there is my Yandros_ account, so I can only assume the whole registration thing is pretty buggered, or at least it was a few days ago when I signed up. What a gigantic Charlie Foxtrot.
    I don't think that all users are actually visible,
    but I think there is still a chance that you can pick your preferred alias as your nickname after registering.
    Simply try changing your nickname in your profile and see if it gets accepted.
    I changed my alias just 3 days ago - although I had registered on feb 28 2014 already using another nickname.

I tried that just now, but it says that nickname is already taken.

At least it's looking more like a hiccup and less like someone is impersonating you.

The forums have been migrated to Square Enix and the Eidos forums have shut down.
    All threads and posts seem having been transferred.
    Eidos Classics - Thief Series
    Thief (2014)
    Mosts posts still seem to have the original (Eidos) names of the authors, so I assume that those nicknames had been 'reserved' upfront,
    which is why one could not register with the same alias on Square Enix.
    Probably not all aliases were transferred 100% identical, because a few aliases probably were registered already long before on SquareEnix, either by you or a perfectly different person.
    When the time comes, most people can reclaim their nicknames from the good old times, I guess.
    Just not right now. It will take some time and news on that should become available here.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 21st Nov 2014 at 15:04.

I tried all three links in the last post and each takes me to the main Square Enix page. Does this mean that the forums at SE are gone?

I have no idea what SquareEnix was doing, but a couple of weeks ago the forums vanished without any notification I would be aware of.
    If there was an announcement, then I missed it.

See here:
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2430257

There was no announcement at all. SE has removed their forums with all thief related content. Hopefully its only temporary and will be restored at least long enough for us to salvage what we can. They are being extremely cryptic and unhelpful in their responses.

John9818a: Please take a look at the thread linked by gnartsch above. If you find out anything more, please post there or pm me. I am very frustrated with the situation. SE are showing no respect or care for what this community has built over the last 20 years. Perhaps ive been naive thinking they would act professionally.