TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Curse

The Curse

I have just played The Curse and thought it is a very well done fm. The fog in this mission did a lott to the atmosphere. The story was wel written and the puzzles where not to difficult. The only problem I had was finding the secrets and the second valve. But I was also a little disapointed because once you've figured out how to kill Orban, Bartan and Varhan it's just like 'poof' and there gone. I guess I expected a bit more from it. But still it is a very cool and fun fm to play.

I think i've yet to finish that one, but i think it's a nice little FM, with great atmosphere.

was the curse the one with the
    spoiler:
    super sword?

Aye, it be, IIRC.

d. Dec 2017

Help!

How do I open the pressure cover in the crypt? I have Margaret's key and the crypt key + the magic sword. I did away with the fire man and the skeleton warrior. I have a gem that has to be used someplace?

Any clues or help appreciated.

It's been awhile but I think you need to look up above it. Can't guarantee that's right but I hope it is!

d. Dec 2017
    Thank you NW. I'll go look

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    It's been awhile but I think you need to look up above it. Can't guarantee that's right but I hope it is!
    Nightwalker... Just how do you do it? You seem to know so much about all these missions! Remembering how to do things in all of these, well, just how do you do that? I can't even remember stuff in my own missions!

Pressure cover

There are two ways to open the pressure cover in the crypt. One is to
    spoiler:
    open the vent in the ceiling of the passage leading to the cover, using the switch on the right hand wall, rope arrow into the space above, then find the lever in the room above the cover.
    The second way is to
    spoiler:
    simply pick your way between the gas jets and turn the valve at the rear of the cover, making sure you are not actually on the cover at that moment.

Now, does anyone have a list of all 5 secrets? I'm playing on Expert and can only find 3...

Secrets:
    Library frob lever behind table in small room to move armoire.
    Crypts below broken walkway first level up from the bottom frob lever in corner to open pathway to riddle shoot statue with fire arrow.
    Hidden treasure room in Bartan's area flip wall lever to open panel
    Treasure room remove left skull to move throne
    Attic - small safe. Frob little lever below and to the left of it.

d. Dec 2017
    This FM requires hand holding for me.

spoiler:
    I'm in the room with dragon breath; placed the fetish doll on one pillar and don't have the item to go on the other pillar. I do have the ruby stone which doesn't go. Am I to have another gem from the warrior skeleton I killed in the crypt? I've looked but can't find it. What goes on the other pillar??

A hint will go a long way

Another fetish doll, I believe. One is in Sylvie's room and one is in the master bedroom.

German translation added

I've added a German translation and made an update on http://www.0815x.de/thief/FMs/TheCurse_ENFRDE.zip

Deleted the two unnecessary thumbs.db files from the ZIP to save space.

As always: Mirrors welcome.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?