TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM. Bad Venture - Old version (Released 12/25/14)

Thank you! On my way again!

Stuck again I can not find the forest key I read post about the roof of guard shack and others about looking over the whole place but how do you get into lower levels

got same problem half an hour ago.Now i am one step ahead of You. I dont know how do i rent a room at inn.
    Try the side wall of this guard shack there is a place where You can put Your crowbar to use.
    if You manage to rent that room and finish the game let me know how

Thanks again used a rope arrow further down on that building I guess that is why I missed it???

Got to Inn but having same trouble you are having I thought it would be as easy as dropping the cash in the tray. But No??
    Last edited by pwl; 29th Dec 2014 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    don't understand how that happened, i checked the English text and they worked fine on the final beta.............
    but i have not checked the final release, hoping ST did not mix up the wrong 'books', as for German texts, didn't even look at those as i do not speak the language so thanks for that
    I do remember that I replace the old texts.

BTW, could you change the wording about the crowbar in the readme as says Random_Taffer?

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Corrected texts (english and german)

Ok, thanks!
    Here they are. I did not change any wording, in case you wonder.
    All I did was correcting the formatting so that each and every page is displayed properly and no information is chopped off.

Simply extract the file (english or german version) within the folder where the mission is installed.

English:
    KoI_BadVenture_1_1_EN-patch.zip

German:
    KoI_BadVenture_1_1_DE-patch.zip
    A note on the german version:
    The file KoI_BadVenture_DE.zip (contained in the original mission ZIP) contains the complete german translation.
    Since my patch fixes only a subset, the original german translation needs to be extracted first!
    Also: the original version contains a folder named snd/Garrett which needs to be renamed to snd/GarretTG.
    Otherwise you will hear Garrett's voice in english instead of german.
    Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Now, is there any way to turn off that security camera (it is impervious to a fire arrow)?
    No. There is the bonus/easter egg in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but... Is it true that there is no third lockpick? And that these doors are simply not openable? If so, I may have a little something to say about that.
    Everything has been said, I'll deactivate the doors.

@pwl, trudnicki,
    In the texts referred the one guy who suffers from arachnophobia.

Still can not end mission I got a new objective that said No available rooms anywhere so what do I do now?

Soul Tear this is an awesome mission even though it is a little harder than I am used to.

Can't wait for more!!!

@Soul Tear - I'm not trying to give you a hard time about the lockpicking, but I'm curious what the thought process was there. I think anyone who has ever played Thief before would have to assume there's a third lockpick when you A) take the time to lockpick once with the square pick, then B) again with the triangle pick, and then nothing happens. Was it meant as a distraction or red herring, something to intentionally mislead the player? Or was it more of just a setup for the next mission?

Also, curious to know if your beta testers spoke up about this - I would have to think at least some of them would have said something about this. I know you were trying to break the mold of the typical Thief FM, but to change something like this really just messes with the core mechanics of Thief, and you might as well just make doors unlockable with a bucket or have grass restore hit points or something else drastic like that. It just changes the entire way a player thinks about playing the game.

Soul tear,

this is really a great mission, I enjoyed it very much, I think it will be one of my favourite missions of all the time. Everything is so full of details, I looks absolutey beautiful. On my machine, I didnt have trouble playing it. For me the puzzles werent to hard and I finished the mission without spoilers in about 3hours on the lowest difficulty level. I will start again on the hardest, because it seems that I have missed a lot of things. It makes so much fun to explore your map and look around for all the loot and hidden secrets.

Well, there were some little issues here and there but with a quick re-load I could manage them, so they did not bothered me in any way. Some people say the mission is not fully optimized, this might be right, but I think it is much harder to find good beta-testers nowadays than like 2-3 years before and on the new dark engine there is a lot more to test.

Congratulation on this great release, I was always looking forward to your mission as Ive seen your screenshots in the Thief Editors Guild. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    @Soul Tear - I'm not trying to give you a hard time about the lockpicking, but I'm curious what the thought process was there. I think anyone who has ever played Thief before would have to assume there's a third lockpick when you A) take the time to lockpick once with the square pick, then B) again with the triangle pick, and then nothing happens. Was it meant as a distraction or red herring, something to intentionally mislead the player? Or was it more of just a setup for the next mission?

Also, curious to know if your beta testers spoke up about this - I would have to think at least some of them would have said something about this. I know you were trying to break the mold of the typical Thief FM, but to change something like this really just messes with the core mechanics of Thief, and you might as well just make doors unlockable with a bucket or have grass restore hit points or something else drastic like that. It just changes the entire way a player thinks about playing the game.
    This was supposed to be as "The 7 Sisters", you can open other doors only in part 2. The 3rd lockpick can be bought in the thieves' guild, but unfortunately this is area does not fit in this mission in NewDark 1.21.
    And in some ways it's the realism, as Fortuni said. But now I see that it's not the best idea. Nevertheless, I will not change the crowbar settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    This was supposed to be as "The 7 Sisters", you can open other doors only in part 2. The 3rd lockpick can be bought in the thieves' guild, but unfortunately this is area does not fit in this mission in NewDark 1.21.
    Yep, that's totally fine. Big difference is that The 7 Sisters had this in the readme:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Sisters Readme
    Lockpicks
    On Night One you will have only one lockpick, so don't go crazy searching for the other one. Some of the locks can only be picked half-way open on Night One. You will be able to finish opening them on Night Two.
    We knew ahead of time not to go crazy looking for another lockpick.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Still can not end mission I got a new objective that said No available rooms anywhere so what do I do now?

Soul Tear this is an awesome mission even though it is a little harder than I am used to.

Can't wait for more!!!
    Now get rid from that guy and capture his room (#2)

Soul tear are you going to put this mission together with the next one or keep them separate?

and thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Yep, that's totally fine. Big difference is that The 7 Sisters had this in the readme:

We knew ahead of time not to go crazy looking for another lockpick.
    I forgot to add. I really wanted to introduce the player into delusion. This creates the illusion that the game world is so much more. But it's really not a good idea.

Soul tear are you going to put this mission together with the next one or keep them separate?

and thanks for the reply!
    I put this mission together with prologue and part 2 (March, maybe April). But coming soon I'll upload fixed version of part 1.

Nevertheless, I will not change the crowbar settings.

No problem ST, only add creaking wood sound when using crowbar like lockpicks.

can't wait to see what ST has in store for us in the next mission.......deranged Zombies armed with machetes ?

I can not find the second guest book at the Tavern? I don't have the objective about the spider

Quote Originally Posted by Kurhhan View Post
    No problem ST, only add creaking wood sound when using crowbar like lockpicks.
    I have no idea how to make it.
    If the crowbar is like the lockpicks, the result will be weird.
    I suggest all other exit: just get used to my mechanics, and the next time you will already know what to do. In addition you can formulate a better description of this for Readme (my English is really weak).

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    can't wait to see what ST has in store for us in the next mission.......deranged Zombies armed with machetes ?

I can not find the second guest book at the Tavern? I don't have the objective about the spider
    Second guest book Clean & Cozy inn

I put this mission together with prologue and part 2 (March, maybe April). But coming soon I'll upload fixed version of part 1.
    I think as it was discussed in broad detail for everyone now, it should well be enough to just change the readme hinting to the different topics like the doors (missing 3rd lockpick) and the crowbar instead of releasing the mission again - at least if ST didnīt already start changing all the doors and he is right before releasing it. Just changing some smaller issues will not be enough to change the overall performance of the FM and that would probably take far longer

ST should well need the time for mission 2 which we certainly are all craving for...IMHO better learn from your experience and the mentioned issues from this mission and make the 2nd one even better and/or more playable reagrding performance than just investing more time in this one, which is great already It could stay there as a first teaser what still might come from you.

PS: how can you get the achievement Hammerite - only by saving the guy in the cave at the beginning? I killed him with a fire arrow - so is this achievement not possible anymore or are there other guys to save around?

Problem with FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    And, since mission has performance problems on Intel i7 3,2 GHz with 16 gigs of ram, it's also poorly optimized.
    Maybe it will help you.
    From DarkFate:

Quote Originally Posted by artycool
    all issues with FPS decided. Completely reinstall the game, +1.22. Prior to that, I put the whole bunch of fixes and HD mods. But now just flies. I have vertical. synchronization, so that 60 fps is stable, and can be higher, but not tested.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast