TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM. Bad Venture - Old version (Released 12/25/14)

I am stuck at the very beginning. I have successfully opened the chest in the water grotto. I am now trying to get into the town, unsuccessfully hiding on the patrolled side of the outside of the gate, just on the incline by the tree. There is nowhere to be found that does not light me up to at least yellow. I have tried putting out the torches and this does nothing. Still lit up yellow. The patrol AI alerts at 25 yards (~24 meters) even if I am still and trying to hide. How do you get around these AI at the gate? Am I forced to use a invisibility potion? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    PS: how can you get the achievement Hammerite - only by saving the guy in the cave at the beginning? I killed him with a fire arrow - so is this achievement not possible anymore or are there other guys to save around?
    There is only one zombie in this mission (there are other four, but they are not available).
    You have to wake him up, and then pour holy water.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I am stuck at the very beginning. I have successfully opened the chest in the water grotto. I am now trying to get into the town, unsuccessfully hiding on the patrolled side of the outside of the gate, just on the incline by the tree. There is nowhere to be found that does not light me up to at least yellow. I have tried putting out the torches and this does nothing. Still lit up yellow. The patrol AI alerts at 25 yards (~24 meters) even if I am still and trying to hide. How do you get around these AI at the gate? Am I forced to use a invisibility potion? Thanks.
    The lightgem is yellow because the on the sky bright moon. However I provided ghostable mode.
    1. You need to hide behind the crates.
    2. Throw your scouting orb and wait for the guard will not pass and do not turn away.
    3. Use earth arrow on the horizontal chain.
    4. Climb on the grate and jump up on the chain.
    5. Jump on any banner.

Thanks for the tip Soul Tear. I want to get inside the town so I can get to an area that has higher fps.

BTW, I bought both the crossbow and long bow (yes I cheated with a high starting $ figure). When the game starts, the bows (either one) are similar just like rocks or crates. One is just above my light gem and being held. I cannot use any equip commands. I can only drop the bow and move on. Once dropped, they are just floating in the air about a meter above the ground and cannot be frobbed. Is that "normal?" Thanks.

Soul Tear and Zontik, visionaries from Russia!!! This is one spectacular mission!

how to finish this fm ??
    No room at inn. I dont understand second guestbook ?? there is only one at the inn with two rooms occupied one by Flashka and other by Praisler. I cannot edit it.
    Also i have desperado, pionier and hammertie. According to Gnartsch i am missing Collector, Agent.
    As to the spider please spoil me as i dont really remember where was the text referring to it.
    Last edited by trudnicki; 30th Dec 2014 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    how to finish this fm ??
    No room at inn. I dont understand second guestbook ?? there is only one at the inn with two rooms occupied one by Flashka and other by Praisler. I cannot edit it
    the second guest book is on the front desk at the 'house of cosy and tidy' which is also a guest house, once you have read both guest books you will get a new objective about finding a room for yourself and then you will be able to pick up a spider and put it in a jar

have you found Thereon yet ?
    have you been to the attic ?
    have you found the forest key ?

as you need to do all these before you can then use the spider in the jar

Corrected texts (english and german)
    (updated, same links as before)

English:
    KoI_BadVenture_1_1_EN-patch.zip
    (updated ThiefNotes and MageNote1b)

German:
    KoI_BadVenture_1_1_DE-patch.zip
    (revised several books)

A note on the german version:
    The file KoI_BadVenture_DE.zip (contained in the original mission ZIP) contains the complete german translation.
    Since my patch fixes only a subset, the original german translation needs to be extracted first!
    Also: the original version contains a folder named snd/Garrett which needs to be renamed to snd/GarretTG.
    Otherwise you will hear Garrett's voice in english instead of german.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    the second guest book is on the front desk at the 'house of cosy and tidy' which is also a guest house, once you have read both guest books you will get a new objective about finding a room for yourself and then you will be able to pick up a spider and put it in a jar

have you found Thereon yet ?
    have you been to the attic ?
    have you found the forest key ?

as you need to do all these before you can then use the spider in the jar
    the answer is yes, yes and yes
    Iam at the second room it is empty so what to do with my little 6 legged friend.

Also i have desperado, pionier and hammertie. According to Gnartsch i am missing Collector, Agent.

there is new area room 2 at tavern with a guy that room was previously locked i think that is the place where i should deploy my fried but how there is nothing frobable
    Last edited by trudnicki; 30th Dec 2014 at 07:14.

Iam at the second room it is empty so what to do with my little 6 legged friend.

Try the other hotel... a room should be wide open there with a guest walking around inside.
    Collector: you have to grab loot above 6100-6150 (or so) to achieve it.
    My question regarding Hammerite: where is that zombie to heal?

An absolutely breath-taking and addictive mission! Sure, it pushes the game limits almost beyond imagination, but that's exactly what New Dark was originally created for, wasn't it?

there is new area room 2 at tavern with a guy that room was previously locked i think that is the place where i should deploy my fried but how there is nothing frobable
    try placing your little friend on the bed

Also there is Burglar and Devastator....

Burglar = you have unpicked all the possible locks in the mission
    Devastator = you have collected all loot

ST sure packed a lot into this mission

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Try the other hotel... a room should be wide open there with a guest walking around inside.
    Collector: you have to grab loot above 6100-6150 (or so) to achieve it.

An absolutely breath-taking and addictive mission! Sure, it pushes the game limits almost beyond imagination, but that's exactly what New Dark was originally created for, wasn't it?
    csamba: You need to go back to the very beginning and get wet then look behind some curtains.

Thank You fortuni and csamba finally finished. I will write my review of this fm very soon I have still a lot to do in this fm so i will get back to it in few days. There are cons and pros for this fm in my opinion.

I think Soul Tear Did very good job. Is this Your first fm ??
    Last edited by trudnicki; 30th Dec 2014 at 07:31.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    you need to go all the back to the beginning to the water ravine, there is an underwater tunnel to get to him

would be very interested to see a review of this mission, but don't be too hard on ST he's a sensitive soul...
    will you post it in the mega thread ?

ST also made 'Lost in the Far Edges' for the 10 rooms contest, another fantastically hard, yet stunningly fabulous mission, well worth checking out
    I think ill post it here or ill start new thread. Which way is better You think ??

I wont be harsh, but strict. So he can be marvelous instead of best

I was once harassed on the other forum for doing translation so i know the problem.

Ps.
    Now i understand why it was so hard. He is then specializing in hard fm. I remember only one problem with that Lost in the Far Edges fm of his. It was like leaning to the left a while crouching and mantling on the ventilation gate, which was nearly impossible and my fingers where almost broken there .
    He did not repeated this, from my point of view, "error" in this fm.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Corrected texts (english and german)
    Added.

I think ill post it here or ill start new thread. Which way is better You think ??
    Put it in the FM review megathread, that's where people will look for it in the future. You can always link to it from here.

Version 1.2

New version is available.

Changes:
    - fixed some bugs
    - fixed doors
    - fixed texts
    - new loot
    - deleted PlayerCheatScript

Version 1.2
    Last edited by Soul Tear; 30th Dec 2014 at 16:00.

you need to go all the back to the beginning to the water ravine, there is an underwater tunnel to get to him
    I must be blind, but is it the cave at the East end of the water crevice, behind an underwater tunnel and a pirate chest at the bottom? I'm back there now, searching in vain behind each of the 3 ragged curtains...

Edit: taff, I'm not blind but... he is there, but only on Expert!
    Last edited by csamba; 30th Dec 2014 at 09:30.

Mirror here for the new version:

Version 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Thanks to you i found way in and i made progress.But now i cannot find mage Thereon.Where is he?
    I don't see a way into the police station. How did you manage ?

Edit : found the way in.

Ok one last question where do I get the spider for the jar ?

@ Pwl

Kin's answer :

Check carefully the inn second floor under the pot at the corner. Use the jar on the spider

Thanx!

did you put the new 'books' in there as well ?
    Yes, but forgot to specify it.

Had to restart because I was missing a lot of loot so I restarted from scratch and finished!!

GREAT MISSION!! Thanks to a great mission builder for several hours of fun!! Hope to see many more in the near future (hint hint)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast