TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM. Bad Venture - Old version (Released 12/25/14)

Need a little help here . I have spider in jar, and have read both guest books and have obj. to get room. There are no rooms open to leave spider either in tavern or the inn. room number 1 is open in the Inn with person sleeping in bed and room number 1 open in Tavern but that is all that is open. Do I need to do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by uhai View Post
    Need a little help here . I have spider in jar, and have read both guest books and have obj. to get room. There are no rooms open to leave spider either in tavern or the inn. room number 1 is open in the Inn with person sleeping in bed and room number 1 open in Tavern but that is all that is open. Do I need to do something else?
    This is the final objective. You can perform this task only when you finish others. Then you will need to check again closed doors

I'm stuck. I need to go to the house of science, but the metal door up on the tower that leads to the area only unlocks partly with 1 lockpick (are we not supposed to go there until the next mission?). Also, I'm trying to find keys to the metal door behind the glyph\glowing bush, and the sewer.

This mission is visually really stunning. The only thing I would appreciate in the following parts is to make it a bit more obvious for the player what to do next. I'm really into searching and exploring, but without this forum I never would have found the entrance to the guards hut near the forest . Thanks to my new hardware, I did not have performance problems with your mission.
    Keep up the good work and make your next missions a bit easier for all those like me, who don't shoot rope arrows in every possible place

Quote Originally Posted by JoergA View Post
    This mission is visually really stunning. The only thing I would appreciate in the following parts is to make it a bit more obvious for the player what to do next. I'm really into searching and exploring, but without this forum I never would have found the entrance to the guards hut near the forest . Thanks to my new hardware, I did not have performance problems with your mission.
    Keep up the good work and make your next missions a bit easier for all those like me, who don't shoot rope arrows in every possible place
    Thank you. But my missions will never be easy. I'll try to make the gameplay more logical and perhaps to add more hints.
    Unlike you russian players want higher difficulty. But I can't do multiple versions for different categories of players.
    Nevertheless, I observe everything that others have to say, and so I will look for some more rational decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm stuck. I need to go to the house of science, but the metal door up on the tower that leads to the area only unlocks partly with 1 lockpick (are we not supposed to go there until the next mission?). Also, I'm trying to find keys to the metal door behind the glyph\glowing bush, and the sewer.
    Download the new version without fake doors.

Sewer:
    You can get there through the moat at the starting area

Metal door:
    The key at the police station.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Download the new version without fake doors.

Sewer:
    You can get there through the moat at the starting area

Metal door:
    The key at the police station.
    There's a new version? Awesome, thanks!

Nobody has expected a walk, do you?

Now you have got a new fan. This is what I am looking for. You get the stars, as soon as you include the players a little bit more. Maintain your style and pay attention only to the voice of the keepers, because your mission should remain unique. This will be a great campaign.

What a nice holiday gift...I will play when I return home...

I need some help please!

I need to find at least 250 loot more to finish on expert. I had a look at the lootlist and have some questions:
    1. Where is the Merchant's house and how do I get in?
    2. Where is the Zombie house and how do I get in?
    3. I read here about getting into the stable, but I don't get where and how to do that?

Please outright spoilers, I'm getting sick of running around just looking for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    What a nice holiday gift...
    It sure is - an awesome achievement revealing what this revamped old engine might be capable of (with or without future optimizations). IMO, streching the limits is rather welcome than objectionable, even with obvious risks and side effects. Quoting Michael Faraday it's not failing, it's inventing new techniques that may not always work...

Replaying the new version (on Expert, with 7115/7990 loot and 12/13 secrets) I still have a few unresolved questions:
    1) How to disable the gas trap in the merchant's house?
    2) How to open the room just under the loft, next to the groom's (with someone singing inside)?
    3) There is a "corner house" mentioned in the lootlist which I cannot even identify, not to mention enter
    4) There is a frobbable cabinet in the basement of Clean & Cosy - ?

Thanks for any suggestion, and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Fortuni, thank you, that allowed me to finally finish this mission.

One question though regarding the merchant's house. The lootlist mentions an attic and groom's room. Where is that and how to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    and a very Happy New Year to you all as well!
    Thanks a bunch, with your help I've made "a giant leap" forward....

Gas trap: got it, but that was really naughty!
    Corner house: hell, I've been on that roof at least a hundred times before, but did not lean close enough... BTW, short frobbing distances also make picking up some loot very difficult.
    Found most of the new loot in the E part of the zombie house - and to my surprise I've been promoted to "devastator" (-> having collected ALL valuables) at only 7570 / 7990...

Do you plan to update the lootlist? Apparently there must be changes elsewhere, as I have 7740 / 7990, with the current list exhausted.

Hey, fortuni, you too often use the word 'evil' in relation to my person, I would not say that I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Fortuni, thank you, that allowed me to finally finish this mission.

One question though regarding the merchant's house. The lootlist mentions an attic and groom's room. Where is that and how to enter?
    Check the fireplace in the merchant's bedroom (past the gas trap) carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Hey, fortuni, you too often use the word 'evil' in relation to my person, I would not say that I like it.
    sorry ST, not meant in horrible way, is meant in a complimentary way....won't use that word again

I will wait for a walktrough to play this mission, because i find myself getting stuck all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Check the fireplace in the merchant's bedroom (past the gas trap) carefully.
    Thank you. I had already checked it twice, but that was extremely well hidden.

Just a heads up: in Keeper difficulty, if you get into Adaline's house, it will put the guard in front in attack mode even if you snuck in without him seeing you. I found out the hard way, after I went back to the streets thinking I'd be able to stroll around in peace like nothing happened

Ok, I'm in the merchant's room, I'm sure there's something behind the fireplace, but I can't find a switch anywhere...

EDIT: Never mind, found it
    Last edited by Azaran; 1st Jan 2015 at 19:03.

you should have tried beta 1, that was even worse ST is a evil mad genius...
    One last question: how to find the body of the brutally murdered Keeper Jonas? I see him through the peephole from the frogbeast area, but can't find out how to reach (and open) that door... I suppose that's the last one I should open to qualify as a Burglar as well(?).
    BTW, I found 7890 loot in version 1.2, missing only 100

Last edited by fortuni; 13th Dec 2015 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Just a heads up: in Keeper difficulty, if you get into Adaline's house, it will put the guard in front in attack mode even if you snuck in without him seeing you. I found out the hard way, after I went back to the streets thinking I'd be able to stroll around in peace like nothing happened
    The guard will attack you if you frob the front door or if other AIs raised the alarm.

Updated Lootlist........7890/7990

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U...J4Qnp0RzQ/view

100 loot missing from in game stats, but i included all loot Soul Tear told me about. special prize awaits ye who finds the last of it....

I found 100% of loot without problems.
    There are 9 units in the new house.
    Last edited by Soul Tear; 15th Dec 2015 at 08:48.

Updated Lootlist
    Thanks for the extra work (you couldn't resist, of course... a very familiar feeling).
    I found exactly the same loot items, except the first 2 in your "zombie house" section (not in the attic). Are they really there? And where exactly? They would just make up my missing 100...

And - how can I get to the shattered remains of poor Keeper Jonas?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast