TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TG FM-A Thief's New Year 2014 (Released 12/31/14)

What is wrong with my system. The game installs as Thief 2. I have Thief gold version 1.22. The game Icon is even Thief 2 using Darkloader.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    That's true of all T1/G missions installed through Darkloader under NewDark, and the author even put the instructions in the readme for how to do it.

This FM should work with Darkloader 4.2 or higher, but you will have to make it recognize the FM first.
    Install the FM in your FM folder as usual. Launch Darkloader, select The Serpentine Amulet but don't start it, close Darkloader instead. In your Darkloader directory, open Darkloader.ini and search for 10Rooms-SerpA.
    Replace type=2 by type=1 and start Darkloader again. You're set!
    Note that the note appears to be a cut and paste from The Serpentine Amulet, but it applies to this mission of course as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    What is wrong with my system. The game installs as Thief 2. I have Thief gold version 1.22. The game Icon is even Thief 2 using Darkloader.
    1)Install the FM into your FM archive directory as usual.
    2)Launch Darkloader and select the FM, but don't launch the mission. Instead, close Darkloader once the FM is selected and shows the T2 icon.
    3)In your Darkloader directory, open the file called darkloader.ini
    4)Search for NewYear2014, it should be at the very end of the file.
    5)Replace the line type=2 with type=1. Save and close the file.
    6)Launch Darkloader again and the FM should appear as a TG FM with TG flower icon.

I should've put this in the OP but at the time I was too excited to get this FM out.

Great little mission here!! and I can't wait to see it grow into something bigger with the tease you give down in basement!!

where can i find the candy cane?
    Last edited by Cardia; 10th Jan 2015 at 18:31.

Pedro, check the readme, there's instruction on how to make it work. This applies to all T1/TG missions created with New Dark, when using Darkloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Pedro, check the readme, there's instruction on how to make it work. This applies to all T1/TG missions created with New Dark, when using Darkloader.
    Thank you, i read the post above and they give answers to that problem...now whereīs that candy cane?

damn i canīt find the candy cane, i google it and i know its kind of a umbrella stick ,its white with red stripes and its consumable, but i canīt find it in the mission.

ahhh...found it!

Mission finished.

Thank you for this nice gift, although i donīt know why this mission wasnīt created for thief 2 since it uses thief 2 textures and thief 2 sounds. Anyway good job.
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Jan 2015 at 03:54.

SneakyGuy101,

Thanks for this Little treat.

Zero posts about this mission in the 5 years since its release. It is surprisingly decent for a rushed and largely untested release. Some minor issues here and there, but playable. It has a Shipping... And Receiving feel to it due to the T2 warehouse textures used. Finished on Thief in 34 minutes with 2522 of 2547 total loot. I would rate this 5/10.

just replayed this and wow it was nice,even found the secret area with medallion and letter from creator

loved the tree but with there was a thief gold copy under tree/loot and i feel the candy cane should have been placed where coal was ,and coal in warehouse accessed from top area of map to give a bit more reason to go there

maybe someone can do a 2022 version on newdark kinda a no enemy,just scavenger hunt type mission with lots of ups and downs

over all good little mission,a must play at least once runs great on thief fmsel from thief gold game with most updated tfix

Cute little mission! Definitely gotta replay it again on christmas!

I can't find darkloader.ini file. And I use FMsel so I don't know how to get this mission to play normally because when I start it the surfaces are blue and silent.

Jonfeldt, this one is a mission for Thief Gold. Did you perhaps try to play it with Thief 2 instead? That would at least explain the blue textures.

That's not it, I'm playing it with Thief Gold.

I also use fm selector and I had no issues. Did you use this download link? https://darkfate.org/view/details/fi...hies_new_year/

Somehow I missed this one, however most floors and many walls appear blue. I love blue but.....

Using TFix 1.27

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I also use fm selector and I had no issues. Did you use this download link? https://darkfate.org/view/details/fi...hies_new_year/
    I tried with this link now and it's the same. Blue textures and all. I guess I have to change that thing in the darkloader.ini file but I don't have it.

The darkloader.ini file is only relevant if you use DarkLoader to play, otherwise that file is neither there, nor does anyone have to change anything in it.

I have checked the link provided by Samantha1, and it yields three different download locations (after clicking on "Thief's New Year 2014"). Only one of these will give you a usable version of this mission.

The first download is from darkfate.org and yields a mission with normal textures in my Thief Gold NewDark 1.27 installation.

The second download is from Southquarter, but that one is somehow defective (although the zip file itself is okay), and indeed has blue textures on the walls already in the starting room.

The third download leads to TTLG.DE, but apparently is outdated - no file can be downloaded. However, as the download center of TTLG.DE has already reached its traffic limit for this month (as clicking on a valid link on TTLG.DE showed me yesterday), the situation will not change for about one or two weeks there.

Thus, try the first of the three downloads, Jonfeldt, the one with "darkfate.org" in the link. If that still does not work, then I'm running out of ideas.

I tried again with the first link and still nothing unfortunately.

I have investigated a bit further, but failed to find any explanation for the blue textures present for some people in the first link. Giving up.-sigh-

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I have investigated a bit further, but failed to find any explanation for the blue textures present for some people in the first link. Giving up.-sigh-
    I tried playing the mission back when it was released and had the same issues with the texture and never have been able to figure it out either. There's a spot where you get stuck because of the blue texture so I gave up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12