TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: 50 New ambients.

50 New ambients.

Lately I have had some spare time to work on sound editing. While I still consider myself as amateur on sound design, i think some of my work is good enough to publish for our fellow FM authors.
    So, here it is, 87 sounds in total as 50 unique schema sets.
    87 sounds = 34 Loops, 48 one-shots and 5 music tracks.

These sounds come with original schema I used to test them with, and it has some parameters set preferable way.
    You can ofcourse alter them to your own will.

I also built small test mission where you can listen all of these ambients easily and mixed the way I intended.
    Mission has also some hints on where or how I imagine these ambients to work the best.
    I haven't tested the mission any way whatsoever so opening it with DromEd (1.21 or 1.22) is probably the best idea.

Download link:
    ambients + schema + testmission

rest of the info in Readme and in mission itself.

Thanks for all your hard work! I will check these out tonight!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Thanks! I was already using some of your sounds.

I love the way it's set up.

Thanks!

Classical Master 2008
    This is very good! These sounds fit very well with the tone of the original games! There are not many sound artists working in this field, so it is nice to have something like this pack.

That's great! I'll check them out today!!

Clearinghouse

I've been trying to incorporate the thunder into my mission, but it seems that only the first few seconds of each wav is being played. I found the same to be true with the SoundTestMiss.mis. If I play each wav through Media Player I can hear the entire wav. Is there a way to fix this?

This is what I have in my schema file:

//Thunder
    schema thunder
    archetype JD_SFX
    poly_loop 1 30000 32000
    volume -1
    Thunder1 Thunder2 Thunder3

Thank you Gigagooga

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I've been trying to incorporate the thunder into my mission, but it seems that only the first few seconds of each wav is being played. I found the same to be true with the SoundTestMiss.mis. If I play each wav through Media Player I can hear the entire wav. Is there a way to fix this?

This is what I have in my schema file:

//Thunder
    schema thunder
    archetype JD_SFX
    poly_loop 1 30000 32000
    volume -1
    Thunder1 Thunder2 Thunder3
    Hi John,
    You could eliminate the poly_loop 1 30000 32000, and just use an NVTime Delay to play your thunder at different intervals.

Whow! This is exactly what i need!
    You're the best gigagooga!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi John,
    You could eliminate the poly_loop 1 30000 32000, and just use an NVTime Delay to play your thunder at different intervals.
    The poly_loop is working fine, but I'm trying to figure out why the wavs get cut short. Also with some wavs/schemas the volume is very low even when the volume is set at -1.

I've been trying to incorporate the thunder into my mission, but it seems that only the first few seconds of each wav is being played.
    I can't think of anything else causing that than something ingame interupting it, such as another environmental ambient or bumping to max number of sounds being played.

The poly_loop is working fine, but I'm trying to figure out why the wavs get cut short. Also with some wavs/schemas the volume is very low even when the volume is set at -1.
    Some are yes, because there seems to be some kind of shiftyness in ambient volumes ingame, if the file is loud by itself. Basicly if the volume is too high it can unexpectedly fade down the volume ingame and then soon after rise it back to normal again. I'm not sure why it does that, but no matter how you make the sound play in your mission it will have that "bug". One of the musical tracks has this problem in the test mission if you want to hear it yourself.

I have thunder in two places and today for some reason they play just fine. I also have TensionKeeper1 nearby but it is barely audible. Any volume number gives the same result. The same is happening if I use ParanormalBG instead. I'm sure it isn't the wavs themselves. They're great by the way! I'm also using ColdWind as the environmental ambient and it is fine as well.

//Tension on Roof
    schema troof1
    archetype JD_SFX
    volume -1
    TensionKeeper1

//Deep Bass
    schema dbass
    archetype JD_SFX
    mono_loop 0 0
    volume -1
    ParanormalBG

//Thunder