TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold FM : The Crazy Priest (21/1/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post
    Did you find the one behind a pilar, when you exit the tunnel and turn right?

Did you find the candle inside the chapel?
    found it using a rope arrow to access a window lies a gemstone

Mission finished, thank you for this mission, its always good to feel again the thief 1 atmosphere :-)
    Last edited by Cardia; 23rd Jan 2015 at 08:44.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!

Btw did anyone else find the easter egg?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!

Btw did anyone else find the easter egg?
    The scroll? I found that area first!

Edit:
    There was another place you could have put it and nobody would have found it.

Well, we have to admit it - as a betatester, the idea to place the easter egg up there was yours. You suggested it, and I told myself "Why not"?

After all, we have a crazy mission about a crazy priest. Why not having a crazy scroll up there?

cool mission i was 100 loot short i let the zombie priest help me

Drowned the priest in the well outside his "favourite house". The guard who heard his death throes came investigating, and got to take the priest's place locked inside the house. He didn't sound very happy about it.

Also I feel bad for the hammerites having to sit on those tiny little pews. They look more like footstools at that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofleaker View Post
    Drowned the priest in the well outside his "favourite house". The guard who heard his death throes came investigating, and got to take the priest's place locked inside the house. He didn't sound very happy about it.
    You really played that way? I didn't think the last stage could be ghosted.

Anyone tried ghost-playing, without killing anyone (except the priest)?

Well, we have to admit it - as a betatester, the idea to place the easter egg up there was yours. You suggested it, and I told myself "Why not"?

After all, we have a crazy mission about a crazy priest. Why not having a crazy scroll up there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YpM5d7-3ns

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post

Even the mission... it's all crazy...

Oooooh. Some T1 thiefy goodness. Not sure when I'll get to it. But I will. So glad a few people still work the 'ol girl.

I hope you'll enjoy it

Btw I came across a hater's forum for Thief (wave: I see you ).

And my mission got criticized in a very strange way. A guy said that it's visually stunning, I have skillfully used ambients and lightning... But it's too old-fashioned, huh

Well, this is what Thief is about, guys... I love old-School taffing. I also love new-School taffing and I enjoy Thief 4, but hm... Thief 1 is good because it's what it is...

By the way, I'm thinking about creating an old-school prison mission. Like Cragscleft. Oh, I bloody love it. It's just DromEd brushes. Simple dromed brushes. And they don't even use electric bulbs there! Just omni light points around. So cool... I think I can reimagine something like that.
    Well, I know which place you're talking about, and no, we don't want to hate on Thief fan missions, just try to talk about them.

In any case, I'm interested in an old school mountain prison mission. When are you going to work on that?

PST: I joined your other place

Actually, I don't have a timeline/deadline. When it happens (or it it happens), it happens. I had many unsuccessful projects in the past, also. This is very challenging.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I joined over there as well because I want an alternative to this forum which offers some more honest and candid discussions of missions, especially my own. Like most authors, I enjoy all the kindness and appreciation shown here, but I also appreciate reading criticism when it's explained and defended (and isn't just bashing me or the mission). The opinions over there generally fall into the constructive criticism category from what I've read.

Thanks for this Little treat, BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I joined over there as well because I want an alternative to this forum which offers some more honest and candid discussions of missions, especially my own. Like most authors, I enjoy all the kindness and appreciation shown here, but I also appreciate reading criticism when it's explained and defended (and isn't just bashing me or the mission). The opinions over there generally fall into the constructive criticism category from what I've read.
    The great Yandros is there for our little thread? That's quite a surprise.

I'm looking forward to your posts there and here too, and any missions you make in the future.

Speaking of which, what missions can I look forward to in 2015? I know there are some potential missions from the Word contest, then there's Drk's next Rocksbourg entry and a snowy campaign for Thief 2.

The snowy campaign you referred to may be Death's Cold Embrace, a collaboration with a few other taffers that has been in the works off and on for over a decade, and which I hope to finally release this year. Besides the others you mentioned, Lady Rowena is back to working on her next release, which I'm really anticipating, and also SlyFoxx is back in the saddle again after about 7-8 years away from Dromed so there should be something to look forward to from him as well.

My apologies to B_T and the mods for derailing this thread - we should get back on topic now.

So, it seems there's an influx of DromEdders returning back. And it was not only me.

Indeed, perhaps you started a great influx of returning Dromeders!

Finished. Great little mission!

Thanks!!!

This... made my evening!!!

I've never had so much fun on this forum, hahahahahaa!!!

I still need 50 loot. I think I found everything listed on this thread. Can someone help me?

- prjames

If it is only 50, could it be just a missing candlestick - one next to a window inside the chapel, and one next to the first Hammer guard?

Southquarter.com/fms
    What is the other forum you guys are talking about, and why is everyone being so secret about it?

I don't think it's a matter of being secretive particularly but rather not wanting to take the thread off topic.

This is a fun break from the "serious, 5 hour plus, hardcore missions" of late. Just entered the Old Quarter. One question though, you do know that Hammers are large, tall guys right? Cuz that chapel looks like it belongs in the Little/Big world in The Sword!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast