TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Hi Guys! It's me Rok, I know I haven't been around in ages so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area or something...I just finished T4, would like to know if there are any other games out there that play like Thief does? A modern game of course made to run on a system fairly new, however I'm told that there are tweaks to Thief 2/3 that can be run on Windows 7.That would interest me a lot. I can only play game like Thief because I have to set my own pace or a similar game that has useable and acceptable cheat codes to help me through the tough times. I wish there were more games like Thief out there...Looking Glass Studios had no idea how big this thing was going to get and I'm sorry they are gone and are sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by RokingRoger View Post
    would like to know if there are any other games out there that play like Thief does?
    Dishonored (2012), Styx: Master of Shadows (2014).
    however I'm told that there are tweaks to Thief 2/3 that can be run on Windows 7.That would interest me a lot.
    This community has created three nice patches for Thief 1&2&3, respectively: TFix by voodoo47, TafferPatcher by DJ Riff, and Sneaky Upgrade by snobel.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm playing Thief: DS with the Sneaky Upgrade right now. It's fun, tho I wouldn't recommend playing it right after finishing Thief, as the slow crouch speed and lack of swoop might make it feel a bit restrictive.

Can't think of a lot of "pure" stealth games, but here's some good stealth-action games, ranging from more actiony stuff at the top, to more stealthy at the bottom:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Wolfenstein: TNO
    Far Cry 3
    Dishonored
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes(wait for a sale)
    Mark of the Ninja
    Styx

System Shock 2/Deus Ex/Deus Ex IW/Deus Ex HR (duh)
    Arx Fatalis/Dark Messiah Of Might & Magic/Dishonored (also duh)
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    Miasmata
    Penumbra/Amnesia
    Oblivion/Skryim/Fallout 3/New Vegas (Morrowind is also great, of course, but plays less like an LGS game)

Perhaps the STALKER or Far Cry games if you can get over how lame the stealth is. Gone Home has a pretty big hardon for the LGS style, but the length and lack of traditional gameplay might be a turn off. The BioShock games are great, but "playing at your own pace" is not a strong point (well, except for the 2nd Burial At Sea episode). The ArmA games have great stealth play, particularly the first one (Operation Flashpoint i.e. ArmA Cold War Assault), but the difficulty might be an issue.

WOW!

Thanks guys for the info and the link to the Thief tweaks. I'll be all over this. To be honest, I played Dishonored, a good game but the end boss fight had me going for a while. Thanks for the quick responses! Bless You!

Thanks guys for the info and the link to the Thief tweaks. I'll be all over this. To be honest, I played Dishonored, a good game but the end boss fight had me going for a while. Thanks for the quick responses! Bless You!
    Some members of the community were also involved in the creation of The Dark Mod

Dark Mod Forums if you have any trouble getting started.

Since nobody else mentioned it.

To be honest, I played Dishonored, a good game but the end boss fight had me going for a while.
    The end boss fight in Dishonored? Are you sure?