TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Stilt Fella :D

I've never been able to follow the logic of the inverted-controls people.
    Pushing your mouse up to look down has never made sense to me, hence why pushing your mouse backwards to move your stilt forwards also makes no sense to me.

I would assume that while there are some people who really love inverted controls in FPS games, the vast majority use them non-inverted, hence why I think so many get confused by Stilt Fella being inverted by default.

That's only me talking about mouse controls, though. Don't know about the recommended controller setup.

Level 10,000 achieved
    They're not inverted by default.

Source: I made the game.

Congratulations on getting a featured tweet from Twitch:

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1237892511282032642

Level 10,000 achieved
    how bout that

Moderator and Priest
    Stilt Fella Ascending!

Shortly after that tweet, I saw 26,785 (!) people viewing Stilt Fella streams.

Moderator and Priest
    I read through some of the reviews on Steam. I liked the one that said "will go through hella to become the fella" the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xm-ytdhOas is pretty impressive stuff. He is immediately proficient at the basics (and he apparently can walk on real stilts -- I'd love to know whether/how much that helps); and when he gets stuck for a while he seems to finds the whole thing more entertaining than frustrating, which seems like a useful trait here :)

There are multiple stretches where he stops playing and thanks the people who are subscribing to his channel. I assumed that would be over quickly, but he's thanking people for absolutely ages. Eventually I fast-forwarded past it; I suggest doing the same!

Moderator and Priest

Level 10,000 achieved
    oh Renz, you know me so well.

Moderator and Priest
    Don't say I don't ever do anything for you.

Holy Stilts. Someone actually succeeded in becoming an Iron Fella ?!!

Incredible.

(n.b. Spoilers for every level in the game in that video.)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hah, yeah, I congratulated him on twitter.

Although embarrasingly enough for me there turned out to be a bug with the end cutscene not triggering, which meant he didn't get the last piece of clothing or an entry on the Iron Fella leaderboard, only the Steam Achievement. Fixed that in a patch the next day, but I sincerely felt bad that he didn't get it after all that effort.

Jeez henke, add him to the leaderboard by hand, and update his profile and show him the cutscene some other way?! A shame it didn't happen for him live, but you can do the next best thing, yeah?

Level 10,000 achieved
    As far as I can tell, no, it's not possible to manually add a Steam leaderboard entry. :/ Anyway, he's cool about the whole thing.

I mean in the long run it's a good thing a leaderboard can't be manipulated.
    Fortunately he got the whole thing on video so nobody can deny it, and first is first.

Oh, it's a Steam thing. Well that sucks. But... how does Steam submit the score in the first place? You'd be replicating that process. It's your game... I can't imagine there's no way you can make this happen (albeit clearly it's a pain). Perhaps you should just contact Steam support and point them to that video and explain -- surely someone there will appreciate that this warrants fixing...

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    As far as I can tell, no, it's not possible to manually add a Steam leaderboard entry. :/ Anyway, he's cool about the whole thing.
    You might be able to write a little "hack" that adds it though the Steam API tho. Whatever you use for currently saving scores, just "spoof" a fake result.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910