TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Stilt Fella :D

Congrats dude! This'll boost the stilt fella speedrun community, no doubt.

Moderator and Priest
    Stilt Fella needs THA LOVE FOR IT TO SPREAD!

SPREAD THAT LOVE, HENKE! SPREAD IT!

I look forward to the Wii Stilt Controller.

How playable is Stilt Fella with KB+M?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I've always focused more on the gamepad controls as that's really how I feel the game should be played. The way the 2 joysticks represent the 2 stilts is, like... THE WHOLE THING, for me. I think this GIF says it all.

But yeah, it's also gonna be fully playable with M+KB, including menu navigation. The previous version ended up being a bit too playable with M+KB, as demonstrated by this SGDQ player, so I'm gonna finetune the controls a bit more this time around to make sure they're not that exploitable.

I love that GIF. It gives (GIFs?) off a Katamari vibe.

That GIF was exactly the reason why I asked!

Level 10,000 achieved

Ahhhhhhh such beautiful graphics on this STEAM GAME

I was kinda dreading figuring out the SteamPipe stuff and uploading my first build. It is kinda wonky and fidgety. Uses a command line interface that doesn't even have any modern conveniences MS DOS had in the 90s! Like, you can't press up to recall previous lines and there can't be any spaces in folder names, jeez. Anyway, it only took ~1,5h once I got into it, now I have my very own game on Steam (that only I can access at the moment).

I need some BETA TESTERS! Anyone interested send me a PM (or get in touch some other way). I still have to prepare a few things but it's almost ready for testing.

Wishlisted! Good luck Henke!

Have you worked out a list of differences that it would be good for beta testers to have?

I'm thinking low-end PCs, high-end PCs, different models of controller (keyboard & mouse, XBox, PS4, Steam Controller), Nvidia vs AMD graphics cards, things like that?

I could offer to test KB+M only if that's useful, wouldn't be able to until the end of next week, through.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Good question!

It would certainly be good to hear from users with more low-end PCs. At the moment the ”minimum requirements” listed on Steam is mostly guesswork. Also, it works fine with XBox and PS4 pads, but it would be good to hear if more obscure gamepads work as well.

Level 10,000 achieved
    No gamepad? No problem.

That is the best animation.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just sent in the request for the first batch of beta tester keys! Should have them in a few days. Stay TUNED and get HYPED, my dear testers.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Man, look at this lucky fella!

Playing Stilt Fella on STEAM, such a stilt walking DREAM.

YOU could be so lucky! Steam keys sent out to my testers, but I still have a few to spare. First come, first serve!

That's one small step for Fella, one giant leap for Fellakind.

send one my way my man

Silly Australian person... What good does one stilt do?

GOG Galaxy doesn't seem to know what it is (though oddly it does know that a game named Stilt Fella exists, it just doesn't think I own it.)

If it was at least Unknown Stilt Game...

Level 10,000 achieved
    Key comin attacha Piggeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    GOG Galaxy doesn't seem to know what it is (though oddly it does know that a game named Stilt Fella exists, it just doesn't think I own it.)
    Hmm, how does Galaxy learn about games, does it just scan player's libraries? If so, perhaps it's got my old, free, version of Stilt Fella registered in there somehow?

GOG Galaxy 2 takes its info from https://www.igdb.com/
    They're in the middle of some database move so they've disabled signups, but ask nicely in their discord and someone will generally help.

It now shows up as Stilta Fella.
    No art, but at least it has the right name now.

I did a bit of testing, the game feels a bit like trying to rub your stomach and pat your head while standing on stilts.

I can't say if that's because I'm playing it with the not-recommended keyboard-and-mouse setup, or if it's just supposed to be like that - having to mentally battle against all the hard-learned muscle memory of standard game control schemes.
    In other words - it's hard, but isn't that the whole point?

I got as far as the construction site level without encountering anything too serious. Only real bug was that I got launched into space a few times, especially on the farmyard level, but other than that it was pretty solid.

I did come across what I thought were a couple of bugs, but then realised that it was just my mouse driver/profile going a bit crazy and deciding to treat all click-and-hold mouse buttons as repeatedly-click mouse buttons. Amazingly, the game was actually playable like that!

Is it okay to post videos of the gameplay publicly?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'd prefer if you didn't post em publicly just yet. If you wanna upload an unlisted video and send me the link that'd be great tho.

Well done on getting as far as the construction site! Yeah, it's supposed to be hard, but also I feel the M+KB controls do need more tweaking.

The fella getting launched into space now and then is something that... happens. Still looking into it.

Boy, do I suck at this. I am not entirely surprised, because it's a genre that's pretty much designed to make me feel incompetent, infuriated and inadequate (none of which should get in the way of my beta testing), but I do hope I'll manage to get further than That Level With The Tiny Gap.

Edit: Also, what this game desperately needs is a Bond-style title song. You know, "Goldfinger", "Snake Eater", "Stilt Fella".
    Last edited by Thirith; 2nd Oct 2019 at 04:51.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast