TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Stilt Fella :D

Oh no, That level With The Tiny Gap!
    That was a real difficulty spike for sure, I had the place littered with hats before I managed to get past that.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 2nd Oct 2019 at 15:57.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Lots of good feedback so far! Just uploaded an update which addresses some of it.

Update 2019.10.03

Stilt-forces decreases the more you’re leaning forward/backwards = easier to fall over

Windzones updated
    -particles speed and visibility now relative to windforce
    -windforce adjusted
    -wind sound when in windzone

Added pause menu

Mouse cursor hidden when gamepad is active

Continue button does nothing before the game has been started

Minor adjustments on late-game levels

Fix: Made it easier to fall over.

More seriously, being able to hover just off the ground by jamming the lean forwards button was rather ridiculous, so it's a good fix.

Level 10,000 achieved

Has anyone managed to make it past Level 13: Construction Site yet? I showed the game to a large group of gamers and gamedevs tonight. The best (or at least most persistent) player in the room managed to make it to level 13, but not past it. Thinking about splitting it into 2 levels.

Viral marketing campaign idea: make a series of videos titled "Will it Stilt?" where you put random things on stilts and see if they maintain balance

I'll admit that I gave up on the game after I not only couldn't get past Construction Site, but couldn't even grasp how I was supposed to get past it.

I could see no way to get past that mis-aligned plank. I suspect I have to do some crazy splits to make it over it in only two steps, but I could never manage it. I even tried giving up on it altogether and walking under the construction site, but sadly there didn't seem to be an exit down there!

I was thinking of giving it another go at some point, but maybe I should just complain to the developers to make it easier!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ah! Hmm, I see. A hint for that part:

real pros don't need 2 stilts to stilt walk

Yakoob, to that I say "haha" and "no", and also you suggested it already.

ZylonBane
    Are there literally only two sound effects in this entire game?

Level 10,000 achieved
    The sound effects are a weak point at the moment. I've been putting off improving them for a long time, but it's on the to-do list.

and FYI, there's like... at least 30. :|

A few points for tonight:

- Continue isn't working at all. Maybe related to doing an update? Level select still works properly.
    - If I plug the controller in during the startup, everything freezes & there's a bugged blaring noise
    - There's a weird green glow to the player character, odd since I have the red shirt and black pants.
    - At the bridge level, I got a failure for the body touching the upright bridge to push it over (not a stilt). It feels like that shouldn't be a failure since you're still upright. But maybe that's hard to code for?
    - At the crates level, I got catapulted a few times, a few times during the launch the mouse arrow icon would pop up, the sand-step sound was replaced by wood-step sound. And one launch was completely over the fence for an easy win!
    - I figured out the lopsided plank along the lines of henke's spoiler. Took a bit of time & imagination to get there though. I called it a partial success and saved the rest for another time.
    - I always imagined ZB himself only has enough sound effects for an 8-bit chiptune.

Level 10,000 achieved
    New update

Fixed the Continue button I broke in the last update.

Broke the New Game button.

Just kidding.

Split "Construction Site" into 2 levels.

Improved menu navigation when using mouse and hopefully fixed the "crazy scrolling bug" that sometimes happened when entering the menu.

Improved lean forward/backward animation.
    Might release a new update tomorrow still, but after that it'll remain as it is for a week as the game will be going through a local "Experience Testing Lab" next week, where they test how people use the game. They got eye tracking and all kinds of crazy stuff, it's gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    - At the bridge level, I got a failure for the body touching the upright bridge to push it over (not a stilt). It feels like that shouldn't be a failure since you're still upright. But maybe that's hard to code for?
    I hear you, but no. I wanna keep it as a hard rule that touching anything with anything other than your stilts = game over. Introducing ambiguity will raise questions in later levels about what's doable and not.
    Last edited by henke; 5th Oct 2019 at 05:09.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Got a lot of cool stuff brewing for the next update, but I'm most proud of this one: I gave Stilt Fella the capacity for embarrassment.

The more attempts you take to finish the level, the more embarrassed he gets.

That's a fun detail. He looks more angry than embarrassed to me, but it adds personality, and that's always a plus.

Level 10,000 achieved
    New version uploaded

NOTE: your previous progress in the game will be wiped because of updated save-system.

Level Skip function added
    You now have 3 level skips. These can be refunded by completing the skipped levels. All level skips must be cleared before you can access the final level.

Embarrassment System implemented
    More attempts to finish a level = More embarrassment!

UI updated
    -UI updated to be more cohesive and stylish.
    -Total level time and number of attempts displayed when you finish a level.

Also...
    -2 new levels added
    -misc bug fixes and surprises!
    What do you guys think about this: a Local Multiplayer Hot Seat Mode? I got the suggestion recently and I think it might be a good fit, and not too difficult to pull off. Stilt Fella is a game that's especially fun when you have an audience watching your flail about, so I think a multiplayer mode where players take turns is preferable to one where they play simultaneously.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    1. Setup: select number of players (2-8), names, (randomized) outfits
    2. Game length: players pick a "level pack": 3 level beginner pack, 4 level intermediate pack, 5 level expert pack, etc.
    3. Game: Each player gets 3 attempts to finish each level, if they do not reach the end, whoever got the farthest is the winner.
    4: Result: Winner is picked per level, at the end the scores are tallied and the winner crowned.
    Last edited by henke; 13th Oct 2019 at 12:01.

So, that seems to have now lost my progress and put me back to only being able to start a new game.

Edit: also, the attempts counter for the first level says 2 even if you only take 1 attempt.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 13th Oct 2019 at 11:55.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ah damn, yeah I forgot to mention, progress will be wiped!

Unfortunate side-effect of updating how the database saving works.

The first level counting 2 attempts for 1 is a bug tho, putting it on my list.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Updated.

Tutorial improved

Final Level completed

Options and Character Setup screens redesigned

You can now rotate the Fella in Character Setup as well

Flaps added to Winter Cap

Minor bugs fixed

Stylish!

How closely does the face match the hat after a couple of hundred failed attempts? :)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Almost!

Also I'm working on some cool new clothing options, as you can see.

Stilt DMC.

(It's tricky, tricky, tricky...)
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 19th Oct 2019 at 00:42.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Updated again.

Singleplayer campaign complete! Playable from start to finish, including ending cutscene and credits.

Several levels tweaked/remade

More clothing options added
    Tried adding Steam Leaderboards yesterday but ran into trouble when the asset used Steamworks.NET for Steamworks integration, while I've been using Facepunch.Steamworks previously. Will try to work around it in the coming week. Also still need to add clothing unlock system and tweak/improve some of the levels before the campaign is complete-complete.

Level 10,000 achieved

Steam Leaderboards added.
    That's right! Leaderboards added and they look like shit and have lots of bugs probably, but please PLAY THE GAME so I get some data on them anyway!

Known issues:
    -Leaderboards don't work on level 1.
    -Config window image accidentally cropped so it says "TILT FELL".

That text still describes the game pretty well, mind you.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah.

New update.

Fixed issues with ending

Added more clothing items

Fixed behind the scenes code stuff governing clothes changes.

Rearranged Options menus
    Also wrote a blog post recapping the first 7 months of my company, in case anyone's interested in that kinda thing: https://septembergames.com/2019/11/0...ptember-games/

Love the new clothing items, especially the capes!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast