TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Stilt Fella :D

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Gotta admit I am dying to know what Stilt Fella's "Morality Score" will be.
    ... I read that as "Mortality Score". How many people have you stilted to death, henke?

I know some of my landings have looked pretty fatal.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    So of all the sites you sent the keys to. How many actually activated them?

I sent keys out to several review sites for Bipolar and CrossTrix and none of them were activated.
    I actually hadn't thought to look, but I did just now. Seems only 2 reviewers have activated. :/ Welp, wasn't really expecting to get much coverage from the press on this, I'm placing my hopes more in the hands of streamers. A few of the ones I've emailed to streamers have been activated, and out of the 36 keys I've sent via Keymailer, 21 have been redeemed.

Good news is, out of the 4 streamers who have actually played the game(they're on the leaderboards) all 4 have uploaded videos on twitch or youtube.

Level 10,000 achieved
    STILT FELLA
    IS OUT ON STEAM!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1133590/Stilt_Fella/

BUY THE GAME!

SPREAD THE GOOD WORD!

GET ON DA LEADERBOARDS!

Me? I'm going for a nice walk to clear my head.

Constiltulations!

Congrats!
    Bought!

Moderator and Priest
    \/

Looks kind of stilted.

Congrats! You are officially a professional indie game dev, nice work there.

Hey, looks like it's on sale too...

Administrator
    Oh bugger - I'd hoped this would come out after I'd reduced the number of unplayed games in my Steam library.

Congrats!

Chakat sex pillow
    Congrats! Happy stiltday!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thank you! Thank you!

If you do pick it up and play it, please leave a review on Steam. It'd help me with the algorithm.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thanks for the review Al_B!

Stilt Fella now has 16 reviews (22 if you include free copies, but Steam doesn't count these) and nice big "Positive" rating! Only 2 negative reviews. I'm feeling good about these numbers. Doing updates every day as bug reports and feedback drop into the forums. One of my top players offered to do French translation, so that should be coming soon! A lot of French players, actually. Seems it's mostly Koreans and the French who are into the game currently. Last night Stilt Fella had ~19000 concurrent viewers on twitch. 8 streams, all Korean. It was a good choice to localize.

Administrator
    No problem! I didn't play much of the original other than stumble around a little but decided to really give this a shot. At first I was making a complete hash of things getting the achievement for dying too often in what must be record time but it then just started to click (a little). Still very much a bumbling stilt walker who falls over more often than not but I feel that mistakes are my fault and not the game - for me that's a key difference between a game that I want to push on with and one that I just want to leave behind.

Is it correct that the first level leadboard time only uses the time from the last start position? i.e. because the start position moves forward on that level it's easy to get a quick time by failing just before the end and then completing the second attempt.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yes, that's correct about the first level. I don't even display the leaderboard at the end of that one tho, because I'd say it doesn't really count.

Opened up my Steam and - hello!

Big congratulations henke! My girlfriend and I played for a while a couple nights ago, taking turns through the single player game. I like how the tiniest obstacle can seem impossible at first, but with perseverance you can overcome anything! Great job

I wrote a review and also gifted the game to my son, this should be right up his alley.

These days all I watch on youtube is this person getting high scores at Stilt Fella.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ah, that's the player with the highest score on the first few levels!

For less skilled, but more fun viewing, I recommend checking out the Stilt Fella section on twitch.

Level 10,000 achieved
    This Aris fella is fun.

I've noticed a common theme of people being extremely confused for their first couple of minutes until they realise that the controls are inverted by default.
    Sadly they never seem to realise that there's an option to invert them back to the way that makes sense.

(Yes, I'm opinionated!)

I've been bewildered by the people who dive in with no attempt at instructions whatsoever (or the ones who pass the controller to someone else without giving them any opportunity to see the instructions). There really have been a lot of people who are 'surprised' to realise that the controls are 'inverted', despite the fact that the game visualises the controller with stilts sticking out of it and gets you to move them about.

That Aris chap picked it up faster than anyone else I've seen, and he was very logical about figuring out how to approach it -- establishing what he should be doing, even if his hands weren't quite up to speed yet.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah, but then again part of "the magic" is in watching people fumble around and be terrible at the game for the first few minutes, so even jumping in without instructions you're likely to be entertained. (or at least provide entertainment to anyone watching)

RE: Inverted

As with inverted mouse in FPSes there's no "right" way. Either you think of it as the controls being relative to the hands or to the feet, and depending on which you pick it's possible to train your brain to follow either. I did consider not even including an invert-option in order to force everyone to get on the same page, but I just know the Steam forums would be overflowing with "Invert option???" threads if I didn't.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast