TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Word Challenge Contest Mission: The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Spyrano
    see post above yours you then need to go back to where you started and find the stairs to the bilges
    Already been down there. Made my way to the empty safe, and now there's nowhere to go.

Spyrano: You need to find the red book in one of the rooms it is well hidden under a red couch after that you will be able to go down where you need to go.

@ Spyrano.....sounds like you may have encountered a bug, you can not get to the safe until you have found the book pwl is talking about, once you find the safe you should then get a cutscene and part 2 of the mission starts.

can you post a save as i'm sure MossEater would be interested in looking into that one

you may have to re-download the mission i'm afraid

I just started. I just had to comment about the nice touch of the slow swinging overhead lamps in what appears to be a mess deck. The ship slowly rocking with the waves. I don't I have seen this before. Excellent.

almost forgot yes i found the treasure room in second part of mission,but it was not the secret

and yes i saw those lamps too i think thief 3 used something like that but i might be wrong?

I really have to say that this mission(s) surprised me. Didn't expect it to be this long and good
    Congrats to the author and i think i'll replay it on expert in the coming days. Again, congrats!

In part 2, I'm climbing the rock tower on the island. I've got as far as the ledge with the glowing red rock, but can't get any further. There's a couple of things above that will take a vine arrow, but the vine doesn't extend down far enough for me to grab it. What am I missing please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    What am I missing please?
    Do you see a tree above with long roots hanging in the air, reaching down just above that ledge? Why don't you try jumping on them?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Do you see a tree above with long roots hanging in the air, reaching down just above that ledge? Why don't you try jumping on them?
    Because, when I do - and I had already tried a number of times before posting here - I pass straight through them. I shall try again. Thanks.

BTW, has anyone found a way onto the highest building on the shore? There seems to be a small device of some kind up there.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 29th Mar 2015 at 08:13.

Because, when I do - and I had already tried a number of times before posting here - I pass straight through them.
    Yes, it's a bit tricky - try the back side farthest from the glowing red rock (facing the sea) and climb spiralling towards the outer side.
    Highest building: do you mean the high roof and a tower on the top above the small connecting passage with bones and a piece of loot? If you can get up there, please let me know...

Great couple of missions - specially liked the atmosphere and gameplay in the 2nd one. Playing on the lowest "Normal" level as advised by the author and glad I did

Because, when I do - and I had already tried a number of times before posting here - I pass straight through them. I shall try again. Thanks.

BTW, has anyone found a way onto the highest building on the shore? There seems to be a small device of some kind up there.
    Yes, I saw that - took a bit of getting to with crates from that connecting passage - couldn't see another way. But it is well worth the effort

Also, the author rewards any new taffer wanting to join the exploring club

Redownloaded and restarted the mission and same thing, no cutscene after getting to the safe

Posting the save file here, hopefully MossEater can take a look.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3A...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Great couple of missions - specially liked the atmosphere and gameplay in the 2nd one. Playing on the lowest "Normal" level as advised by the author and glad I did

Yes, I saw that - took a bit of getting to with crates from that connecting passage - couldn't see another way. But it is well worth the effort

Also, the author rewards any new taffer wanting to join the exploring club
    It isn't really worth the effort if you have already cleared the town of the original set of enemies and the ones that replace them.

Yes, it would have been more use if there was an easier way to access the top of the building earlier on . I never found the secret - don't know if anyone else has - so may be there might be another way?

@ Spyrano

a message from the author with regard to your playing issues

Spyrano's game is really broken.. I don't know why the triggers have not worked for him when nobody else got such bug... hmmm...

advise him to restart and go slowly to the safe. (Edit: checked your save, that does not work)
    Or maybe he needs to say how he has installed the mission, has he modified his repertory. This is really weird...
    i'm guessing by now the author will have seen your save and will let you know asap as to any discoveries made

thanks for your patience

Edit: i have just loaded your save and see you were playing on Normal, when beta testing i did a run through on Normal playing via FMsel, i did not have time to test every potential combination of normal,hard and expert on both FMsel and Darkloader, as i only had 7 days to get through 3 beta's, sorry but i did not manage to do a normal/Darkloader play through....are you playing via Darkloader ? if so this could be your problem.....can you try again using FMsel ? Hint: if you spend all your money on moss arrows at the beginning , with the extra moss arrows in the armoury you'll have 14 moss arrows, and now you know the route it should take you 15 to 20 mins max to get to the safe

ps can anyone confirm if they have played on normal via Darkloader and have had no problem finishing the first part of the mission ?
    Last edited by fortuni; 29th Mar 2015 at 16:56.

It isn't really worth the effort if you have already cleared the town....
    point taken, but it was not put there to assist you in dealing with your enemies, it was added at the very last minute just for fun, after it was pointed out to the author that it was possible to get up there, anyway it made me laugh

I too did not find the secret. Has anyone?

In the cave where the craymen patrol, I noticed a cavity in the ceiling in one place, revealing a higher level area with tunnels either side of the cavity. But I never got up there. I wonder if that is it.

Nope! I now realise that is just another way into the caves from the waterfront area at the start of level 2.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 30th Mar 2015 at 03:41.

I've managed to grab a moment to start playing this and just wanted to stop and say how much I like the stoker shovelling coal, the seaman scrubbing the boat and the one up top tapping his foot. Really excellent motions which greatly add to the atmosphere - well done!

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post

ps can anyone confirm if they have played on normal via Darkloader and have had no problem finishing the first part of the mission ?
    Yes, I played through on Normal using Darkloader and Mission 1 finished OK when I got to the safe.

I too did not find the secret. Has anyone?
    The secret is in the first part, on the ship.
    Hint: on the starting level go West as far as possible and investigate the grates at the end
    Stronger hint: past the big boilers and the bunkrooms look very carefully at the lower edge of the right grate

congratulation on the release

OK, how do I end mission 2 ?
    I just have the last objective to leave the island.

Enjoyed this very much, playing on expert. Not a fan of forced ghosting - good job I could use the old hammer throwingcheat!

Loved the paratroops, but never managed to reach the scroll on the nearby roof. What does it say?

With a couple quicksaves from fortuni, I was able to finish the mission. Aside from the bugs I encountered, it was quite a fun one!

@ Spyrano, glad you managed to finish mission even if you did have a bit of a nightmare with it

Ok Finished, but how does climbing the tower enable me to leave the island?
    Have I missed a readable or something?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast