TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Word Challenge Contest Mission: The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater

did you collect the fog horn from the cash box in the grocer ? you need that before you climb to the top of the tower, did you also go up the steps of the tower itself ?

Yes fortuni, the mission ended when I climbed the tower. I just didn't know that's what I needed to do - did I miss a book telling me about the tower?

there's a book on the bed in the grocer's that says...'that damned horn only works on top of the old lighthouse...'

Oh, I must have missed that, thanks.
    Don't think I used it at the tower though, the game just ended.

Not sure what's going on with that first download link, I got this:

Anyone else having a game-crash to desktop when clicking to buy an item in the store before start playing?

I am using Thief 1.22 with FMsel 1.1.2

that never happened in beta testing, but i'll PM the author

FYI you really do not need to buy anything in store, there's loads of goodies knocking around the map, just be a bit sparing with your moss arrows till you get to the end of mission 1 and you'll be fine

I have to say this is one of the more challenging FMs I have ever played. I am playing on expert and having to deal with some pretty alert AI. I'm in the second half and have only 2 objectives done so far. I hope this is non-linear, because I am bopping around places (exploring first) and plan to go back later. I am also staying away from the posts here with clues and spoilers. I really want to solve this one myself. It is taking much longer than I expected.

I'm almost done (on Normal) but now I'm stuck. How do I get out of the tunnels where you find the Source? The exit is blocked by vines and the invincible green lady is there. Is there another way out that I missed?

Master Builder 2018
    I don't know if this is the right way or not, but I just reloaded an earlier save and raced through there before it could get closed off.

Thanks, Tannar. I'll give that a try.

Master Builder 2018
    You're welcome. I hope it works.

I have a question. What are those big bulbs hanging from the tree? They look like they have sailboats inside them. Is that related to the boat summoned by the fog horn? If so, when are you supposed to see them "hatched", or are you? When I reached the top of the tower with the horn, the mission just ended before I could use the horn.

Also, the paratroopers were cool! And it appears that I have joined the "club", though I suspect I've been a member for many years already.

The big bulbs definitely have ships in them. I turned off fogging for a bit to try to figure out where the lighthouse was and you can see them quite clearly then.

This was an AWESOME mission! Much bigger and more involved than I dreamed it would be when I started. I plan to go back and play it again on Expert at some point but I don't have time right now.

I have been struggling with this mission. I dispatched with Rengald. The only objectives left are get the goblet and get out. Where is the goblet or which direction should I go. I can make it back to the city using an elevator. Where exactly do I find the goblet?

You need to check the center of the circle where the pagans were conducting the ceremony. I missed seeing it too because I was concentrating on Rengald.

I can't use the holy water on Reginald. What am I suppose to do with him? Is there any other way to kill him?

I forgot I had to use it in the waterswirl. Sorry.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

stuck

In the caves where I dispatched two creatures. There is a large opening in the ceiling but my vine arrows don't work and I cannot jump up. Am I supposed to get up there?

I can't find the holy water And that Rengald is a real pest with his teleporting abilities

Inky....the Holy Water Vial is in the locked cell, under the body of the captain......you need to frob the Cell key off patrolling man in black the tomb area and the cell is at the bottom of the corridor approx SW of where you first entered the pagan area from the elevator

bobber.....which cave are you talking about ? if your talking about the cave where you use the holy water , you need to backtrack to Mathild's lair, but its a bit of a maze down there

If any other cave.....can you supply a screenshot
    Last edited by fortuni; 12th Jul 2015 at 14:28.

There's a strange bug in this mission, where you cannot drop "junk" items once you pick them up. Re-loading from a previous save seems to be the only fix. Once you re-load you can drop those same items. The bug repeats, however, if you keep picking up new stuff, adding them to your player links listing. Most annoying.

I looked inside the editor and found that every time I picked up a junk item, the player became a firer for that object. Manually deleting them is the only way to fix. The suspect objects in the gamesys file are normal. They are indeed listed as junk. Can't drop this is not flagged.

Also, the mission did not seem to be fully optimized. I re-optimized, increasing the miss18.mis from 55 to 69.8 MB.

Master Builder 2018
    This never showed up during extensive testing, Terry. I suppose something might have happened during an update, though I guess Rod will have to answer that one.

Tannar, your think of Lucky Hand, Curse of the Fire Goblet is by FireMage

Terry this bug has been reported by others but FireMage could not find the cause of it. Have you any ideas ? If so a fix would be appreciated, I'll PM him

DromEd Archmage
    Terry,

Of course the mission is not optimized a lot. But the cause is simple, remember: It is a mission contest!
    I didn't have the time to make a great optimization, because the project was ambitious, I had to made it quickly and make sure everything will work and the mission will be playable. So, don't waste your time with opti' Plus, It will change nothing! ^^

No, the problem is that dropping trouble. I just can"t undestand why and from what it happen!
    And this bug will not occure only with the object you have investigated! All objects can be concerned!

Once time, it happens with a Shovel, another time with a bottle, with a crate, and I even got it with a flare!
    I have although noticed that the bug appeared in the Ship only. As long as nobody will tell me it can appear in the second part of the mission, I think that the lonely solution may be to make all junk objects unfrobbable and make all "minechest" empty.

For the moment, I'm quite busy IRL and I have many project to complete. So it is uneasy to rework on my released missions

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Of course the mission is not optimized a lot. But the cause is simple, remember: It is a mission contest!
    I didn't have the time to make a great optimization, because the project was ambitious, I had to made it quickly and make sure everything will work and the mission will be playable. So, don't waste your time with opti' Plus, It will change nothing!
    I don't know... You had some pathfinding errors.

The inability to drop junk items seems to be related to the waves you have in the ocean. They are objects linked to a firer. The wave objects are also junk objects. My guess is, when the player picks up a junk item, such as a wooden goblet, it is affected by the wave firer. So while the wave object (a projectile) is shot out by the wave core (firer link), the player (also a firer) is unable to release or "shoot" any junk they are holding. A coding glitch, most likely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast