TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Word Challenge Contest Mission: The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Tannar, your think of Lucky Hand
    Oh, yeah, you're right. Sorry about that.

@ Spyrano.....sounds like you may have encountered a bug, you can not get to the safe until you have found the book pwl is talking about, once you find the safe you should then get a cutscene and part 2 of the mission starts.

can you post a save as i'm sure MossEater would be interested in looking into that one

you may have to re-download the mission i'm afraid
    I have the same problem as Spyrano.........no cutscene........

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    The inability to drop junk items seems to be related to the waves you have in the ocean. They are objects linked to a firer. The wave objects are also junk objects. My guess is, when the player picks up a junk item, such as a wooden goblet, it is affected by the wave firer. So while the wave object (a projectile) is shot out by the wave core (firer link), the player (also a firer) is unable to release or "shoot" any junk they are holding. A coding glitch, most likely.
    Sooo... Summary... It is an hardcorded glitch which is affecting my mission because I'm playing so much with the firer, right?

Hard-coded. I'm no coder but it's the only explanation that makes sense. The only way to prove it is to delete all of the firer objects.

Anyone tried broaching this topic over in the Editing Guild? There's some pretty smart people over there.

Done.

Any zombies in this one? Just curious.

DromEd Archmage
    Yes and not! xD

Actually the lonely zombies can be spawn by the big bad guy of the mission at a special place and can be slain with your sword!
    But if you are enough stealthy, you may meet no zombies ^^

Just humans, and a few creatures.
    No spiders! No burricks!

Thank you!! Actually I'm just bothered by zombies. Haunts etc don't bother me in the least. Very wierd I am.

through the looking glass

@ pwl & downwinder

this is a 2 part mission, the first part occurs on the boat the second on an island, you need to find a way off the boat, read your objectives for a clue as to where you need to search
    Your post answers a question I had. When I was at the safe the cut scene did not occur. In "objectives" I am instructed to escape using a life boat but they don't activate. So the cut scene must happen. I've seen it in a walk-through. The life boat mission will, no doubt, cancel once the second part of the level begins. Trouble is I don't know what to do to get the cut scene to start. Any suggestions are appreciated.

There is no life boat sequence. Once you've completed the necessary goals, return to the cargo storage room (near the kitchen, where all the crates are stored). There is a set of stairs leading DOWN. A door should be open. If it is NOT open, you've not completed the other goals. Once open, enter the ship's bowels and walk east until you see a green safe.

Quote Originally Posted by malphal83 View Post
    When I was at the safe the cut scene did not occur. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    If you have completed all your objectives and collected enough loot, it may be that you may have come across the same bug that Spyrano reported in post #26 if you have got to the safe and you have achieved all the other objectives the cutscene should activate, if it does not then this is a bug. Here's a quicksave (expert difficulty) to get you on your way quicksave

If you do not already know, the cutscene is where the boat sinks and at the start of the second mission you wake up as a survivor on the wreck of the boat

ps. it's possible you have the same issues as spyrano did and thus you may come across another issue in Mathild's lair, if so PM me and ill send you a save to get past that bug

Edit: quicksave updated
    Last edited by fortuni; 18th Dec 2015 at 17:39.

through the looking glass

If you have completed all your objectives and collected enough loot, it may be that you may have come across the same bug that Spyrano reported in post #26 if you have got to the safe and you have achieved all the other objectives the cutscene should activate, if it does not then this is a bug. Here's a quicksave (expert difficulty) to get you on your way quicksave

If you do not already know, the cutscene is where the boat sinks and at the start of the second mission you wake up as a survivor on the wreck of the boat

ps. it's possible you have the same issues as spyrano did and thus you may come across another issue in Mathild's lair, if so PM me and ill send you a save to get past that bug
    I used the quick save and am overjoyed to report that it worked. One thing. In the address given the colon between the http and the // was missing so I had to add it before it did work. Thanks so much. I really appreciate useful advice and information.

Quote Originally Posted by malphal83 View Post
    One thing. In the address given the colon between the http and the // was missing so I had to add it before it did work.
    quicksave in previous post updated for anyone else who comes across this bug....should work now

@ Malphal89....saw your post in general gaming thread

quicksave beyond bug at Davidson den
    Last edited by fortuni; 18th Dec 2015 at 17:39.

Right, I'm up at the tower where you climb the vines. What am I supposed to do there? I thought the skull was there for some reason. I know I've missed something. I have the horn.
    I really don't want to read through the forum because I'll read more than I want to. I just need a point in the right direction please.
    Thanks very much

DromEd Archmage
    Actually, you should go upthere only once all your objectives are done

You should read two parchment hidden in the place

And then... Open the gates in the mines with... a gate controler located on the craig with the scaffolding

Then... Go inside the temple and explore it to find... a shaman's skull in mathild's lair AND pickpocket the key from the man in black to... Open a cell with the Iron Bottle Captain inside to get notes and holy water

Then... Pass the root gate by frobbing the shaman's skull and finaly defeat the bad guy of the game

Then you will just have to escape by coming on the top of the lighthouse! ^_^

The spoil are steps to follow chronologicaly, so if you don't want to cheat, just look at them when you are lost to carry on cumfortably the mission!

Good grief!! LOL...In other words I still have a whole lot more to do!. Excellent. Thanks very much. I didnt realize this FM was so packed with things to do. I love it

Very nice mission, especially the second part after the aforementioned cutscene. New creatures, fog, old and partially abandoned ruins and a good storyline connecting all this - I was hooked as soon as I reached the island. Good job, FireMage!

I had lots of fun playing this mission. Started out a bit dull but the island-ruins part was great. Loved the atmospere. I have one loose end to tie up, though:

Close to the part where you can collect four loot crystals that are guarded by energy projectile traps, there is a dead end with an unfrobbable wooden door. If I shoot a vine arrow in the door, climb it and then jump up, I can see a narrow passage that has a lantern inside it. I couldn't climb into this place. Can this passage be reached from the other side or is it just a red herring for the player?
    Last edited by jiansonz; 18th Dec 2015 at 17:34.

DromEd Archmage
    Thank you Jiansonz,

So, no it is not a red herring, you can go through this passage if you place a rope arrow at the top of the door and if you have enabled newmantling.
    But this way was indeed not supposed to be the right side when I have created it.

This one lead to The entrance of the mines where you have the access to wetcaves with crays, the access to the mines and a Pirgan patroling in the intersection. You just need to look up and you will notice a hole and some roots, you will have just to place a rope arrow then you will be in this passage

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    This one lead to The entrance of the mines where you have the access to wetcaves with crays, the access to the mines and a Pirgan patroling in the intersection. You just need to look up and you will notice a hole and some roots, you will have just to place a rope arrow then you will be in this passage
    Found it. Thanks!
    (How could I have missed this? Probably forgot to look up often enough, as usual...)

Just played this mission for the first time and it was excellent. Interesting gameplay/objectives and a change of atmosphere part way through. I had a little trouble with one section but it kept me interested and playing the whole time. Pretty big map, but well organized and good storyline.

Thank you to the author for a few hours of fun.

bbb

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234