TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Word Challenge Contest Mission: The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater

DromEd Archmage

Word Challenge Contest Mission: The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater

Hello everybody,

As it was decided on the main thread, from this night to the 28th March (The final deadline) all submitted mission will be published and playable!

The third submitted mission is The Curse of the Skull Goblet by MossEater!

Because it will be important to rate mission according to the way to use the words and respect their restriction, let's remember this contestant words:

Theme : Pirate
    The Main Goal : Goblet
    Related to the main plot : Skull/Head
    Must be present : Bottle
    Forbidden in the mission : Spider

Mission Briefing:

Some days, things are not like we planned… Poor Webster… His son has been back from an expedition with a rare object. Alas, I need to pay my rent and it sounds that an such object is adequate for it… If only he could stay in his father’s mansion with it…
    This object is named the Skull Goblet, a creepy name for a goblet and according to the rumors and how they rushed to leave the place, some other guys are researching it like me. I don’t know many things about the seamen, but they seem to be merciless… Some crazy tales talk about the fact that they need to bring the Skull Goblet to the head of their dead captain to resurrect him… Too bad for them, I need better excuses to give up.
    Webster Jr. is now fleeing to Cyric with a crew aboard the ship named ‘The Iron Bottle’. A famous giant boat made with metal whose the captain used to deal in stolen objects from different towns. A perfect job to fill my purse.
    I have however to be cautious… If in a mansion I could in the worst case run away to the next street to escape; in a ship, only a life boat, some luck and speed can save me. If the ‘Iron Bottle’ is chasing me, I will have no success in my return to the land. I must be cautious...

I have done the necessary to get in to steal the Goblet, and my contacts have provided me a map of the ship. The author hasn’t mentioned the name of the rooms but I suppose that Webster is somewhere in the rear, near the cabins of his guards. The engine room may be the shortest way to go there but its metal floor and crew members working here will maybe not let me pass but another way may exist. Now let’s hope that I will be out… And back to home…

Visual Notes:

-You can have two different ambient to see on the ship. If you want to play in a dark and creaky ship, enable the fog. If you want something more colorful and see better water, you may disable it.
    -A vanilla game is recommended. NecroAge and several mods will not make the mission crash, but the visual may suffer a lot… To install at your own risks.

Technical Notes:

-Blind or stuck? Normal! You are in front of a scene! Just look at/listen to it and you may be able to move and see after!
    -New mantling may be activated for a game more comfortable.

Note from the author:

This mission could be hard at the beginning if you play directly in expert without knowing the place, you are advised to try the easier difficulties first.
    The 'forced ghosting' is however a phase in the mission and it will end at a moment in the mission!

Get it here!

Mirror

Mirror2
    Last edited by FireMage; 26th Sep 2015 at 07:25.

Congratulations on the release MossEater, a cracking good pirate romp, you guys are in for a treat

Disable NecroAge mod if installed as this mod can cause a slight alteration in some textures in the first part of this mission. This mission was not tested using HDmod so use at your own risk.

Enjoy
    Last edited by fortuni; 29th Mar 2015 at 21:17.

Master Builder 2018
    The link doesn't work. I get a "permission denied" message.

link does work you just did wrong one,my problem is with mission,i found a problem how do i open last door pasted guy who taps his foot,lock picks don't work ,no key,door looks unlocked,but no luck,been everywhere else

You can get to the other side of that door a different way. I can't find the goblet??

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    You can get to the other side of that door a different way. I can't find the goblet??

ok thank you i forgot about that stairway,and stuck in same spot as you now,but there is a door unfrobable on lowest level,i was guessing a switch to open it somewhere,but got no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The link doesn't work. I get a "permission denied" message.
    So do I. But I did quite enjoy the Whiskey in the Jar snippet.

nickie...hit your back button (or whatever its called) to return to previous page and it will then let you download....weird

The link now appears to work fine....no longer need to input a password
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Mar 2015 at 10:19.

@ pwl & downwinder

this is a 2 part mission, the first part occurs on the boat the second on an island, you need to find a way off the boat, read your objectives for a clue as to where you need to search

First time of trying just now, it was exactly the same as this morning - permission denied.
    A minute later - tried the link again and got the download page but with a flipping captcha which didn't work and sent me to Whiskey in the Jar again. Clicking the back arrow then, took me to a captchaless download and it seems to be working now.

Where's Brethren's mirror when you need it!

You rang?

The Curse of the Skull Goblet

(Not sure why authors continue to use crappy Adware/Captcha sites when they don't have to).

Finished on Normal, it took 2 hours and 40 minutes. Great game, but it was probably lucky that I did not beta tested it, as intended. A bit too big for my taste when it comes to testing.

Congratulations on the release

Need a hint.

I'm down in the pagan temple.

I have the Shaman's skull and the holy water and I can do battle with the green witch-like creature that I assume the Captain's words refers to - but I'm assuming the green witch-like creature is invincible. (I also have the Fog horn which I assume I won't need until after I have the goblet.)

I cannot find a place to use either the Shaman's skull or the holy water. What do I do next?

- prjames

Use the skull in the tunnel, where the twigs blocks your way. After that you find a place where you should use the holy water.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Use the skull in the tunnel, where the twigs blocks your way. After that you find a place where you should use the holy water.
    Thanks! I've now completed the mission. Wow! Awesome mission!

- prjames

well i am still stuck in ship i explored everything possible and got no idea what do to next

downwinder

hint 1: search the cabins on the corridor with the green carpet carefully

hint 2: what you are looking foris under something the same colour as the item so is not easy to see

direct answer: there's a book under the sofa
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Mar 2015 at 22:03.

Well I'm all done on the ship, but can't find my way off. Hanging out on the lifeboats don't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

ty fortuni,i am loving this second part of mission,i love the visual effect on cave system

Spyrano
    see post above yours you then need to go back to where you started and find the stairs to the bilges
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th Mar 2015 at 08:03.

Spyrano read Fortuni's post and then go down

Just finished: This turned out to be a Fantastic mission!! I had a few issues with the first part found that if I picked up certain bottles I could not drop them so I had to load a save?? The second level was freakin AWESOME

P.S. I would love to see this made into a campaign.

Great work!!!!

pwl... i picked up that little bug in beta testing but we could not work out why, so we put it down to my computer that is getting old and odd little things like that happen to me....sorry about that

mission complete,this mission is so great,as person above said we need a campaign of this

missed the secret

days like this i am a proud downwinder,when i played mission i played it as a pirate trader,and it felt perfect
    Last edited by downwinder; 27th Mar 2015 at 22:53.

I find it sort of refreshing that there is forced ghosting. True to my title, I tend to knock everyone out to make things easy. I must be sneaky in this game, so it is a change of pace for me. I'm only on the deck at this point, very early in the game. This is going to take me much longer to play, but it feels worth it.

I do have to say that so far most of the locked chests are just teases! If I am supped to never kill and never be seen, how am I going to get hurt? Maybe I will fall or something, but there really is no need for all this food. Nice touch!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast