TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM - Working Late (Updated 2015-04-26)

In the mansion with the yard and 3 statues, right next to the kitchen, there's a metal door that I can't open. Is there a key for it anywhere? (I haven't found any keys at all so far...)

@ azaran check the music room for a key.....direct answer on one of the chairs

Thanks!

For tuni the new sky to work properly in the mission you have to copy the file Miss19.mis.dml (Enhanced Sky DMLs) into the mission main folder.
    I'm afraid old saves won't work and you'll have to start anew if you want to see the new sky.

thank you bassoferrol...

Very nice and beautiful mission.
    Thank you very much for this gem!

I am afraid I totally busted the mission, although I can not imagine how I did it.

I have all objectives checked except for 'Don't kill anyone' and 'Leave the area'.
    And even got 1111 loot on Expert. Yet, there is no place where the mission will end.
    I have been to both 'Exit' areas indicated on the map and pretty much everywhere else as well, but it won't stop.
    Is there another Exit area ??

Maybe I did something out of the order. I do not know.
    The only thing I did not find is the 'Bedroom Key', but since I got my 'Payment' it should not matter, does it?
    Where is that key located?

Another issue:
    So, while moving around the entire map once more I found the 'Firepowder' in the mansion and recalled that I should burn the instruction letter.
    So I dropped the letter and in an attempt to use the powder on it, I picked it up again (!) by accident.
    Result: mission not failed, but busted !
    Because the following objective appears again unchecked in my objectives: 'Once you've got it, meet Lamaarz back by the Tavern.'
    That guy is long dead and I had been there already, so now there is no chance at all to get this mission ever finished.

Edit:
    I resumed a previous save where everything is still OK and found the bedroom key.
    Unlocked the bedroom, burned the note using the powder and headed for the Exit. Still no luck.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 25th Apr 2015 at 00:19.

The second issue looks like a bug. Did you get the first issue before the second issue or after? To exit the mission, you need to head to a wooden gate near the back entrance.

Yes, I got the issue with the mission not completing before messing with the letter.
    And heading to the wooden gate does not do the trick for me.

fun mission ty for making it

@Gnartsch
    Sorry for the problems. I've got a new version in the works that addresses the papyrus bug. Would you be able to PM me a save of the mission refusing to end? That one has me scratching my head, to be honest.

AntiMatter_16, Thanks for the FM. I had fun playing it. I was just shy of 1000 loot, playing on expert.

I did have to resort to a hint though. The part where you have to go back to the apartment to read a book to trigger a script was not intuitive. I usually don;t expect a room to change after I have searched it already. What was the incentive to go back up there? Sorry, I just did not get that hint.

Since I did not get the hint (and key) I went up the well and banged on the gate until a guard came and opened it. I was then in a sort of limbo without the mansion key. After getting the hint, I restarted then game and played it normally.

Question: Is there any advantage to burning the note? In one save, I threw it into the Hammer furnace, but in my completed game I still had it on me (I did not burn it).

Forget my problems with the objectives.
    It is now obvious to me that I had messed up my Thief install by not reading the 'DromED Basic 1.13' readme when applying it a while ago.
    I think that explains a lot.

Thanks for this nice mission with some genuine Thief feeling.

Okay, I've wandered through what seems like most of the map, yet I haven't found the Pagan gem. Any idea where it is? Perhaps it's in some secret area I just didn't notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Okay, I've wandered through what seems like most of the map, yet I haven't found the Pagan gem. Any idea where it is? Perhaps it's in some secret area I just didn't notice?
    Need to look up right at the start.

Good little mission

Is there a definite trigger for the Firepowder? I played the mission a couple of times but the Firepowder only appeared once - but after I had already dropped the note in the factory furnace so I never got to try it out? Is it always in the same place?

The firepower is an easteregg item. It's appearance is triggered by something special you do. Trigger: Shooting an arrow at the target in the bar. It's not really designed to burn the note. If you want to do that, the furnace, or cauldrons in the Hammer Foundry or a lit fireplace is far more ideal. The gamesys I used was heavily modified for another project I'm working on called "The Perfect Web". The Firepowder was created to easily light torches, since T1 lacks flares. I thought I'd include it just for fun.

What a great mission, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    The firepower is an easteregg item. .....
    Great - thanks AntiMatter_16! It's a cool effect - and more stylish than a flare. Thanks for giving us a preview and look forward to maybe seeing it in a future project!

This was a good Mission, thank you AntiMatter_16

Im looking forward for more

Classical Master 2008
    I find this mission fun but flawed. The way it looks is classic Thief, unless you count the coloured lights: some impressively realised, dark city environments and mansions, where finding your way in the darkness is one of the challenges. This kind of environmental challenge is well used through the mission. There is some decidedly entertaining vertical exploration, apartments to break into, and hidden connections to explore.

The action is nicely non-linear... or it would be, except for the fact that there is a sequence of objectives which only triggers in the correct order. This is a low blow, and undermines the FM, since it otherwise lets you go about your business as you please, and get into places which are not meant to be accessible. I explored the apartment and the mansion before I was supposed to, and didn't just have to backtrack, but also figure out which places to revisit for those critical objectives. As things go, even the expansive exploration segments feel smaller than at first. This is a pity, since otherwise, it looks good, sounds good and plays good.

For something built under a few weeks, it is certainly neat, but it could be even better with a few changes. Now I am really curious about that large mission you are working on.

Thanks AM_16, this had a really nice classic feel and was fun playing through various ways, even if some weren't as expeditious. It's possible to finish with all loot using only one key (safe), also either District Exit (one is where you start) will work to end the FM. I usually shoot at targets just for practice, but also because there could be a secret or reward, ya just never know.

Zombified
    with the risk of being wrong and looking dumb, I'm going to say that I think FireSource is missing "Sim" on Tweq/Delete/AnimC. this makes the FireSource stick around after being spawned by thrown FirePowder, causing evil stuff to happen (mostly relighting everything in range again and again).

Anyone know where the signet is found?

Under/behind a flower pot in one of the mansion bedrooms I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

It's behind a flowerpot in the apartment upper room. This apartment is very close to the mansion, and has an enemy patrolling it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast