TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T1 FM - Working Late (Updated 2015-04-26)

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask, but what do I do if I get a "This mission requires a newer game version. Please update to 1.22" message with a black screen whenever I start a new game with this mission? As far as I can tell, only the T2 NewDark has a version 1.22, I can find nothing on an 1.22 version of anything Thief 1/Gold, so I'm kinda confused. And both of the loaders definitely do start TG for me, not T2 I tried with TG FMSel (which correctly started TG automatically) and with DarkLoader (changed type=2 to type=1 in darkloader.ini, made sure it started TG). Any help would be appreciated...

Actually the NewDark upgrade applies to both Thief 2 and Thief: Gold, it's essentially an upgrade to the engine, which is the same in both games with a few changes. The thing is, you need to use Tfix to update your Thief: Gold installation, as it comes with a T2 exe and so won't work directly on Thief: Gold.

Thank you both!

And thank you for this FM, what a great little treat!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Actually the NewDark upgrade applies to both Thief 2 and Thief: Gold, it's essentially an upgrade to the engine, which is the same in both games with a few changes. The thing is, you need to use Tfix to update your Thief: Gold installation, as it comes with a T2 exe and so won't work directly on Thief: Gold.
    Thanks! It turns out I didn't have the tfix thing installed yet, even though I thought I did. So now I can play the mission, the only problem left is that objective text is invisible, I can only see the tickboxes. Is there any fix for this?

Zombified
    using FMselect?

I finally finished the mission. It was a great mission but I had managed to get everywhere in the mission including behind locked doors before getting the keys (except the apartment key). So I had to backtrack to actually start the sequences needed to complete the mission and only after reading the post #16 giving the triggering sequences needed. Fun mission and well made but I wish I had known about the required triggering events to get required objects to appear. I love playing the missions so much that I will go through a lot to play them and feel nothing but appreciation for the people willing to make them.

Nice mission, although I don't think I had as much fun as I would've if the objectives had been structured better. In the end I was just running around rechecking every area randomly.
    Still looking for the last 15 loot...? Any hints?

Thanks AntiMatter_16
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Still looking for the last 15 loot...? Any hints?
    Looking at my lootlist, it can only be one thing:
    book in library (15g)

check on top of one of the bookshelfs

That's it for sure. I know I didn't find anything there. Thanks!

Hey did you get rid of the journal in the mansion library in the update? I could swear I saw it at one point.

Just finished the mission with 1061 out1111 loot.Does someone know where I can find the rest.
    Weird pieces of loot I found
    Plate in sink of Mansion,Book in Library of Mansion,Dagger in Pagan looking bedroom in Mansion,two coins in well,two coins next to street lamp,and the Tricksters Gem.
    Everything else was pretty much in the open.What could I be missing?

From the T1/TG walkthroughs found here

Working Late Lootlist
    Last edited by fortuni; 4th Feb 2016 at 14:40.

Thank you ,Fortuni with that loot list I was quickly able to find what I missed which was The Silver Nugget in the coal pile at the Hammer Foundry.So now I have beaten the mission at full loot.

Excellent mission to start with supreme ghosting.

@klatremus: there are actually four ways into mansion. After reading the journal, the gate in the basement next to the well is open. Otherwise, I enjoy your video reports very much, thank you for them, they are the reason I converted to the "true" playing style, which makes my former Lytha-style runs look like Unreal Tournament...

LOL Thank you for your compliments. I'm glad you're enjoying them. Been busy lately and slow on the recording front. I might have the chance to record one later this month.

I can't read the journal in the apartement because the bars still block the passage. I deduce that I broke the game because I did not triggers the scripts in the correct order ? Or can I remove those bars ? (All my objectives are done and now i'm supposed to looking for... Don't remember is name ^^ ).
    After all, I do not understand at all why the player is allowed to wander where is not supposed to go so easely if it can broke the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Varen View Post
    I can't read the journal in the apartement because the bars still block the passage. I deduce that I broke the game because I did not triggers the scripts in the correct order ? Or can I remove those bars ?
    It is possible to circumvent the portcullis to the yard in front of the apartment and the mansion by climbing down into the sewers and then back up through a manhole that leads to the yard.

Got stuck myself during the objective in which you have to find out what happend to Lamaarz. I had been at the place where you have to go before, I just did not read the journal again when I went to it a second time. How was I to know I am supposed to do that? To make matters worse, this thread states the journal is in the apartment, which is wrong, at least on Normal.

Apart from some frustration stemming from getting stuck in the unnecessary sequence of triggered events, this was a fun romp. I love maps that gradually open up new areas as you find ways around portcullis and other obstacles. The automap was a welcome addition. Saint Isaiah's Foundry is nicely rendered and the lighted ceilings in the Pagan-themed rooms in the mansion are something special: No other mission had decorations quite like this.

I entered the mansion early by activating the lever to the basement through the closed portcullis. I don't think I was supposed to be able to do that.

Finished on Normal in 59 minutes with 1011 of 1111 total loot. Needed one hint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123