TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Ok maybe I'm too stupid but how the heck is a
    spoiler:
    compass
    going to help me get through a locked cell?

Never mind. Seems NV has updated his scripts recently and I didn't know.
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 22nd Aug 2015 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by bari View Post
    Briliant and creepy mission but...it's too dificult for me, even on normal
    I have managed to find equipment but where is a sword ?
    and now I can not pass through the haunts (I could do with a sword)
    where are the lockpicks?
    Where to go and what to do ?
    I'm stuck....
    Yea, it is really tough

Have you already discovered the ventialtion shafts?One guard has a key. Try to get on the railing in the prison area where some guards are looking down on you. Took me ages because I overlooked an important door there!

ok amazing mission,but the lag ruins it,this is how far i got made it into lighthouse,got antenna repair kit,fuse,placed fuse in slot,so many things in mission dont have power or i have no idea how to open

sad to see so much work only be seen by people who got high end comp,what a pity and most of them will give up

remove that lag tower that adds nothing to mission,but slughish movement worse then thief 3,and who beta tested this?

i am mad cause i like mission so much but its unplayable ,lack of clues in so many area,way to many things i cant figure out due to a super complex map that i cant really grasp due to the amount of lag

at least i got the bee's wax to say it
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Aug 2015 at 04:09. Reason: You know perfectly well that profanity is not allowed in Thief fora

I did test this mission, for over 200 hours...

if you talk about removing that lag tower that adds nothing.,... perhaps you should try the alternative mission as discribed in the read me and found in the extras zip. that places a big black wall in between the two islands..

this mission is indeed difficult. the puzzles are complex, like i did say. I spend over 200 hours and didn't manage to make it to all the endings. in fact urgrue is the only one of the testers that achieved this. ( but he is a die-hard )

but if you are wining all the time that it is sluggish like thief 3... what kind of outdated computer do you have?.
    I don't have a high end computer, I use a 5 year old laptop and indeed, without the wall version I get a framerate of 6 on the rooftops, but with the wall-version it goes up to 25. so...... use the wall version.
    in one of your previous posts you said you have the alternative version, but than you can't see the other island/ lag tower...
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Aug 2015 at 04:08. Reason: No profanity thanks even if you're quoting

i tryed to change the file names like it said,buit the file would not let me change name,not matter what i did,so i was not able to use the other version,then i asked if he could just upload a version where it is the extra version and never heard back

so i reattempted the mission,the lag is the only thing stopping me in this mission

trust me i love this mission alot i can tell,but omg 1 frame a second in some part is a bit more then my 200$ tower can handle,i am sorry i am poor

Just got stuck in the starting point, how do i exit the cell?

another thing, why during the testing of this mission no one pointed out that the same texture is seen on the floor walls and ceiling?

THERE ARE PLENTY OF NEW TEXTURES OUT THERE! AESTHETICS ALSO MATTER NOT JUST FUNCTIONAL MAPS!

Sorry being this straight Qolelis but a Veteran author like you should bring already new visuals to our community and not the same crappy t2 texture which we have been seen countless times, over and over again, how do you expect your mission to stand out if it looks just exactly the same as thousands of t2 missions released so far, with the same textures, same t2 sounds...etc

I donŽt want to doubt the quality of the mission, iŽm sure thereŽs a good quality mission ahead of me to explore and enjoy, but despite that i have the feeling it brings nothing new.

IŽll leave further comments once i finish the mission...
    Last edited by Cardia; 22nd Aug 2015 at 18:55.

Downwinder, the alternative miss file for the mission is here:

https://mega.nz/#!SgwmAZbY!mU3Rx57KX...jjv9FjORi5kips

Now, please don't tell me to download it for you...

For the life of me I looked around for my bj and lockpicks and still cannot find them and I could not find the key to the armory at the guard's floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Downwinder, the alternative miss file for the mission is here:

https://mega.nz/#!SgwmAZbY!mU3Rx57KX...jjv9FjORi5kips

Now, please don't tell me to download it for you...

thank you so much bassoferrol,you are amazing,when i talk to my mom lady van vernon i will be sure to have her give you a burrick and have the stable boy come by to drop it off for you

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    For the life of me I looked around for my bj and lockpicks and still cannot find them and I could not find the key to the armory at the guard's floor.
    On normal (other difficulties may be different), look for Confiscated Goods not far from where you start (get key from guard nearby) to find a blackjack and a few other items that help to get going. Lockpicks are in the armory but it will take longer to access, and the key can be found on a higher floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    On normal (other difficulties may be different), look for Confiscated Goods not far from where you start (get key from guard nearby) to find a blackjack and a few other items that help to get going. Lockpicks are in the armory but it will take longer to access, and the key can be found on a higher floor.
    I play on Expert and I found the bow in the Confiscated goods, but could not get into the armory on the guard's floor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    I play on Expert and I found the bow in the Confiscated goods, but could not get into the armory on the guard's floor.
    And who might have the key to the armoury? There is a logical answer to that. Have you looked upstairs?

About the sword (oh, yes, there is a sword.) As far as I know, it is needed for only one very specific purpose in the game, and that does not involve killing anything. But once you have it, feel free to slice-n-dice to your heart's content. I may have said too much already.

You must wonder what that purpose is, but that is the game, Mr. Dutton, the puzzle I have set for you - Henry Stauf

My time is short, but I felt I had to step in and say something: If anyone wants to blame someone, then blame me, not my testers. My testers did an excellent job - especially considering the timeframe; due to reasons I won't go into now, I had to set a definite deadline - it wasn't easy, but they pulled through and made the best of it.

Thanks for playing - despite the shortcomings.

qoleis trust me its my computer that is the real issue,i think the mission is amazing,i am just frustrated i cant get the correct experience while playing it

i look so forward to seeing a complete lets play of this mission so i can see everything i missed

i am sorry to cause anything in here,you did a amazing job

being poor has its own set of problems,but i will survive

@downwinder: ( thinking about the post I did read on the calendra's thread)
    you do know that the extras folder is a zip file? ( just like the one bassoferrol did send you)
    you first have to unzip it before you can change the name. doubleclicking will show you the content of the zip but you can't change the name then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Just got stuck in the starting point, how do i exit the cell?
    if you would have taken the trouble to read the posts in this thread you should have found the answer
    another thing, why during the testing of this mission no one pointed out that the same texture is seen on the floor walls and ceiling?

THERE ARE PLENTY OF NEW TEXTURES OUT THERE! AESTHETICS ALSO MATTER NOT JUST FUNCTIONAL MAPS!

Sorry being this straight Qolelis but a Veteran author like you should bring already new visuals to our community and not the same crappy t2 texture which we have been seen countless times, over and over again, how do you expect your mission to stand out if it looks just exactly the same as thousands of t2 missions released so far, with the same textures, same t2 sounds...etc

I donŽt want to doubt the quality of the mission, iŽm sure thereŽs a good quality mission ahead of me to explore and enjoy, but despite that i have the feeling it brings nothing new.

as a veteran author you should have know better then to post like that... this mission is all about gameplay and puzzling. Qolelis made a choice to use only stock, respect that. and be sure that there are so many new things here.. ( things you and I could never have dreamed of)Q did an excelent job in bringing the taffers a lot of new experiences
    IŽll leave further comments once i finish the mission...
    I think that is the way to go dive in and be amazed
    Last edited by nightshifter; 23rd Aug 2015 at 02:58.

Can some one explain how to make the potions in the recipe book? I have the ingredients, but for the life of me I can't find anywhere I can combine them.

making the potions is indeed a bit different than expected in thief

for the vision potion: you have to use the one ingredient on the other

outright give awayyou need to frob a dead rat with the blessed water vail, bingo, instant vision potion

the other potions... I'm afraid you have to ask urgrue ( and I doublt he will give you a rightaway spoiler )
    Last edited by nightshifter; 23rd Aug 2015 at 07:53. Reason: that guru is named urgrue

Huh, that's super weird given you can frob the rats with empty vials to get their blood. Well, thanks, regardless.
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Aug 2015 at 04:22. Reason: Added spoiler cover - some of us haven't found that out yet. :)

@qolelis - a few hours in and, well, the FM is amazing. I like free-ranging and finding my own way around a place - and the challenges are making me use me noodle and play a little differently than usual. The textures look great, nothing wrong with T2 stock textures, objects and sounds etc. - I never get bored of seeing and hearing what made me love this damn game in the first place, and you've nailed gameplay, so Right, no time for chitchat, got a ferry to catch...

I can't believe the all of the nitpicking! The first thing qolelis mentioned is how the mission is NON-LINEAR. I, for one, would rather spend a few hours having to explore places (even the frustratingly obscure ones) in a mission than to play one of those missions where you finish the whole thing in 45 minutes. The exploring factor is a reflection of the thought and time put into a mission. Even when I'm about to chew my fingers off trying to find that one damned ring hidden on the in three story vacant warehouse where it has no business (for example, not referring to this mission), if the mission is good, it's worth it.

qolelis, Great mission man! Thanks for the thought and effort. Don't give it up!
    Last edited by WretchedIntruder; 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:16. Reason: Brain Tumor SE

heavy bread

Reinstall Thief 2, install the script, set 1.23 - does not work !!!
    Heavy bread is not broken into pieces.
    I want to play, not to . . . with the settings.
    I was already more than 200 FM. Only with such a crap this.
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Aug 2015 at 05:54. Reason: Watch your language please

Ok, I'm completely stuck. I can't find the armoury key anywhere, most doors in the building are locked, and I've not been able to get to many new places recently. A direct nudge would help I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Ok, I'm completely stuck. I can't find the armoury key anywhere, most doors in the building are locked, and I've not been able to get to many new places recently. A direct nudge would help I think.

ok, I can understand how you feel, been there, done that...

hint: who, of the guards would have the key: the captain

bigger hint: he has it hidden in his quarters

even bigger: he has a hidden wallsafe in the room next to his bedroom

almost outright spoiler:then switch is in his bedroom

give away:sneak up to his bed and whisper in his ear

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast