TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by artycool View Post
    Reinstall Thief 2, install the script, set 1.23 - does not work !!!
    Heavy bread is not broken into pieces.
    I want to play, not to . . . with the settings.
    I was already more than 200 FM. Only with such a crap this.
    artycool: the bread is not actualy broken into pieces.. once you frobbed it , it goes in the foodbag. but did you notice that you got an other inventory item when frobbing the heavy bread??

Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    making the potions is indeed a bit different than expected in thief

for the vision potion: you have to use the one ingredient on the other

outright give awayyou need to frob a dead rat with the blessed water vail, bingo, instant vision potion

the other potions... I'm afraid you have to ask gurue ( and I doublt he will give you a rightaway spoiler )
    i got a Holy Blood vial???

Grtzz

nou, proost dan

Dank je
    Maar zo kom ik ook niet verder :-(
    Grtzz

ok, sorry, thought the hint was clear, but to hint some more:

at first you will not notice anything with the holy blood but

you have to drink the holy blood to see more, and don't worry, it will last the whole mission

this is esp. the case further on the mission. when you get to the other island and the REAL puzzling begins

artycool: the bread is not actualy broken into pieces.. once you frobbed it , it goes in the foodbag. but did you notice that you got an other inventory item when frobbing the heavy bread??
    no. bread remains intact, but there is a bag of food. Metal File does not appear.

I'm afraid you have to ask gurue ( and I doublt he will give you a rightaway spoiler )
    Thanks for the new name, shightnifter . I like it.

I've just read the note outside Borin's door.

My compliments on the texts and the proofreading. I'm one of those who are immediately yanked out of a mission by poor texts and multiple typos and sometimes get too irritated to carry on playing. Good readables add to a mission and I'm enjoying a laugh in this one.

I'm also very much enjoying the mission itself but hoping I'll find my lockpicks soon.

Quote Originally Posted by artycool View Post
    no. bread remains intact, but there is a bag of food. Metal File does not appear.
    and you are sure you have the newest nvscripts??

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    @qolelis - a few hours in and, well, the FM is amazing. I like free-ranging and finding my own way around a place - and the challenges are making me use me noodle and play a little differently than usual. The textures look great, nothing wrong with T2 stock textures, objects and sounds etc. - I never get bored of seeing and hearing what made me love this damn game in the first place, and you've nailed gameplay, so Right, no time for chitchat, got a ferry to catch...
    That's my kind of player.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I've just read the note outside Borin's door.

My compliments on the texts and the proofreading. I'm one of those who are immediately yanked out of a mission by poor texts and multiple typos and sometimes get too irritated to carry on playing. Good readables add to a mission and I'm enjoying a laugh in this one.
    I donut no why colelis thought it was a good idear to have meon board.

I'm also very much enjoying the mission itself but hoping I'll find my lockpicks soon.
    Funnily enough, you'll need a key to where a bunch of other goodies are stored, one of which is even handier .

I really stuck. I have 11 keys, Rotten Food, 3 vial of rat blood, 1 vial of blessed water, 1 vial of ink, Trikster's Breath and a lot of other stuff from Lighthouse. I drank the holy blood, but I have to see? I opened the room in the ground floor prison where the black witch. I typed the code on the control panel in the warden's room. I found the room with bloody water in the sewer. I do not know what to do next. Where is the safe of warden? Where can I find the burned remains? How can I open some doors in the lighthouse? My head was swollen.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Funnily enough, you'll need a key to where a bunch of other goodies are stored, one of which is even handier .
    I work on the well-known principle that you can spend an hour or so looking for something but you'll only find it the minute you post about it.

Some really nice touches in this, qolelis. Great attention to detail which is adding to my enjoyment.

Soldi:

The Warden's safe is in his quarters. Read his diary carefully for hints on how to open it.
    If you come across annoying locked doors, an item from the armoury (and not the lockpicks!) might serve you well.
    The holy blood is useful on many occassions, but mostly on the second island.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    The mission won't load

I choose Normal difficulty, then it freezes or crashes to desktop as it's trying to load.

-made sure I had the latest scripts,
    -made sure all mods were disabled,
    -made sure other missions would load,
    -and also tried loading the alternate version in the Extras folder

Nothing works so far. Neither mission will load.

Any ideas out there? OS is still Win7.
    First thing you will need to do is load the mission in FMSel, but I assume you did that already. Without FMSel, FM-specific settings might not load and without those settings, you are likely to get a crash.

Next thing to try is as follows (in the rare case of my FM-specific settings not loading): Open your dark.cfg (in a text editor), find the line containing the string "max_refs", and change the number to "40000" (if the number is already higher than 40000, then you don't have to change anything). Then restart FMSel and try to load the mission again. (By the way, you can find my settings in "fm.cfg" (inside the mission zip) if you are interested.)

Third thing: Try installing Thief in another folder (in case Windows is trying to control your usage of the current folder). I don't remember the details now, but Windows might want to restrict how you use certain folders (like for example "Program Files"?).

That's what immediately comes to mind, at least.

Edit:
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words and sorry about the frame rate issues. I guess things got kind of out of hand when I built this thing and it got a lot larger than I had planned (which, on the other hand, gives you more to enjoy - or get frustrated by ).
    Last edited by qolelis; 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:02.

Congratulations on the release!

I would also have a question.

I've found that electric squid-like creature inside the sewers and the only way I could find to deal with it is using that dried burrick pee. Is there any other way to deal with it? If no, could you tell me, how much coins could I find there?

Thanks!

a nice way to deal with that creature is using a mine

Oh, I haven't progressed that far yet - to have such tools, but thanks. I will return to there then later

4 hours in and I've got 2 objectives ticked off. I needed distraction and you've sure as hell given me that. Thank you.

I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing but I have 2 questions. 1. I didn't install the low-lag version and I do have a bit of lag. I'm guessing from someone's post, and the mission, that I'll be moving on elsewhere in a while so wonder whether the lag outside is reduced when I get to the other island (?) - if I do get to it. Perhaps I don't go anywhere else. 2. If I do go to the other island, can I come back?

I am occasionally frustrated with wondering what I'm missing or have missed (although now and then I do seem to find something that moves me on a bit) but the delight of the lighthouse keeper's (?) diary more than makes up for that. Cracking bit of writing - my other half wants to know what's making me laugh so loudly.

2. If I do go to the other island, can I come back?
    Yes, you can. You might have to go back and forth several times if you want all the endings.

I am occasionally frustrated with wondering what I'm missing or have missed (although now and then I do seem to find something that moves me on a bit) but the delight of the lighthouse keeper's (?) diary more than makes up for that. Cracking bit of writing - my other half wants to know what's making me laugh so loudly.
    All the credit and adulation goes to one person, who's not here right now, so I'd be happy to accept it on his behalf.

1. I didn't install the low-lag version and I do have a bit of lag. I'm guessing from someone's post, and the mission, that I'll be moving on elsewhere in a while so wonder whether the lag outside is reduced when I get to the other island (?)
    As far as I can tell, mostly yes. If you do get lag, it's most likely only when looking back at the first island - especially from high up.

I was already on the other island, made and drank the holy blood. Just came back to the first island and I discovered that for some reason Garrett turned invisible! Or at least the light gem says so...
    Is it normal, or somehow I got a nice bug?

OK, I'm stuck in the red maze in the second island, for lack of a better term. This is the area where I figured out how to teleport back to the first island and back. I have several things I need to figure out.

I figured out by luck the colors of the four elemental gems, even though I only got two so I opened that door. What do I do with the mummified and peppified hearts and how do I keep the mummies from resurrecting? How do I pass the door at the end of the bridge reached beyond the elemental gem door?

What's the combo to the door with the hint talking about respecting your elders?

How do I pass the "some shall pass" door?

Thanks in advance. I want to find the "Foreseer" which I assume is the goal of all this.

Unrelated questions (just curious):

What do I do with the Hand of Glory? (Or, more accurately, where do I use it?)

How do I solve the puzzle of the red "X"s relating to the pirate's treasure? Clearly, my Holy Blood potion doesn't help with that.

This mission is awesome and huge, but maddening.

- prjames

what is the thick rag used for?

by the way, i was able to open a wooden door by bashing it with a shovel is this suppose to be this way?
    Last edited by Cardia; 24th Aug 2015 at 04:13.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    How do I solve the puzzle of the red "X"s relating to the pirate's treasure? Clearly, my Holy Blood potion doesn't help with that.
    Those red X-es are quite small. I've found three of them, they mark of course the location of that part of the treasure.

The treasure map is correct: one is inside the lighthouse, while the others can be found more or less which location the X on that map marks. I haven't found the one marked on the laundry yet.
    Three of them contains a piece from the key, some loot and a scroll from the pirate if I'm not mistaken - or at least in the two spot I found, I found these items. The fourth is where you can use the complete key, but since I'm missing one spot, I don't know what lies inside.
    Last edited by Taylor; 23rd Aug 2015 at 18:39.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast