TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

I am just over 1 hr into this mission an just WOW! Qolelis This has been incredibly fun mission so far. I am constantly tense. Its like there's danger at every turn.
    Th whole look of it as well. I just love it.

Bravo!

about the hand of glory:

there are some readables mentioning the use of that.. (the cook )

it can be used to open locked doors

since it is a bit of non-standard thief interaction here a big spoiler

when standing near a locked door, make sure the door is not highlighted, then use the hand. " open lock to the dead man's knock" , BINGO, the doors open

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Those red X-es are quite small. I've found three of them, they mark of course the location of that part of the treasure.

The treasure map is correct: one is inside the lighthouse, while the others can be found more or less which location the X on that map marks. I haven't found the one marked on the laundry yet.
    Three of them contains a piece from the key, some loot and a scroll from the pirate if I'm not mistaken - or at least in the two spot I found, I found these items. The fourth is where you can use the complete key, but since I'm missing one spot, I don't know what lies inside.
    about the laundry.. you might want to look higher

Since the laundry is the topic, I can't get above the rafters to see what's inside the door I opened. I've tried frobbing madly and using various tools to break the rafter with no luck. What am I missing?

Nickie, there's no way to break the rafter. You need to find another way up there, but to find it you do have to do something in that room first.

hoi nickie,

how about trying it the other way around...

it is a laundry, the rafters are there to dry the washed goods, the door is for ventilation, for getting fresh air in and moist out

and taffers in

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Yes, you can. You might have to go back and forth several times if you want all the endings.
    There is at least 1 way back. Going back and forth isn't necessary, but it all depends on the choices you make and the order in which you prefer to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    What do I do with the mummified and peppified hearts and how do I keep the mummies from resurrecting?
    All I can say is that you probably know who these hearts belong to and as you visit more caves in this area, you will learn more about the subject in general.

How do I pass the door at the end of the bridge reached beyond the elemental gem door?
    Read the clue above the door. Furthermore: Everything you need is nearby.

What's the combo to the door with the hint talking about respecting your elders?
    Clue 1:
    The more caves you visit in this area, the more you will know.

Clue 2:
    Have you perhaps seen the symbols somewhere else?

Clue 3:
    Simple arithmetics is all you need. Ask the locals to teach you.

How do I pass the "some shall pass" door?
    Clue 1:
    Think about directions.

Clue 2:
    Explore other possibilities.

What do I do with the Hand of Glory? (Or, more accurately, where do I use it?)
    Frob it (in inventory) and see what happens (make sure it's in focus first). I think the result should be clue enough about the rest.

How do I solve the puzzle of the red "X"s relating to the pirate's treasure? Clearly, my Holy Blood potion doesn't help with that.
    Explore, explore, explore... and find a more permanent lightsource.

Thank you kindly guys. My lateral thinking skills are a bit lacking at the moment.

Ok I opened the armoury, and got back my things, including the Hand of Glory. I've been roaming around the island now and opening doors with my newfound "lockpick". Strange that the author would put something that obsoletes the lockpicks, but it works well so no complaints. I honestly still don't know where to go, I guess I should go to the levels below the prison but some notes say that the Hand of Glory doesn't work on prepped doors and so I would need to find a key for that one door in the levels below the prison. Also where is the book of recipes the doctor mentions?

I also moved a coffin from the morgue to the harbour of an island. I see that it's connected to another island by a rail, and there's a button of sorts that opens and closes a door somewhere. Should I mess with this right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    ... Also where is the book of recipes the doctor mentions?

I remember it was in one of two places (you'll want to visit both)....

1) In a hidden niche in the doctor's office - look for a switch

2) Behind Mr. Borin(g )'s door (fairly high up in Prison building). However, the door won't work, so...

Gentle spoiler: Go outside to get to his room.

Strong spoiler: Go up to the roofs and make your way to his window.

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 24th Aug 2015 at 07:40. Reason: Remembered the other possible place

@dev_anj

to get to the other island with the coffin, you have to make a call for transportation

you might want to check the lighthouse then

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Also where is the book of recipes the doctor mentions?
    This is hidden in his office. The other book that has been referred to here is certainly relevant, but doesn't have any recipes in it, only some odd poetry.

I was already on the other island, made and drank the holy blood. Just came back to the first island and I discovered that for some reason Garrett turned invisible! Or at least the light gem says so...
    Is it normal, or somehow I got a nice bug?

Still I've got no answer about this. Anyone has any idea what could have happened to me?

Still I've got no answer about this. Anyone has any idea what could have happened to me?
    You've turned invisible, and no one can read your posts. Interesting ... have you looked in a mirror recently? You have, after all, been drinking blood.

In order to answer this, I would have to investigate it further, but time does not allow for such.

One possible explanation/solution:
    It could be that you went beneath the ferry, which makes the lightgem go dark in an artificial way (because the ferry moves, so one cannot use Dark's built-in stuff), and then, when you left the space beneath the ferry, the artificial method failed in resetting the lightgem. I have personally never seen it fail myself, but it is something that could cause the behaviour you describe. So, one thing you can try is going under the ferry again and then leave - and check if this resets the lightgem.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    One possible explanation/solution:
    It could be that you went beneath the ferry, which makes the lightgem go dark in an artificial way (because the ferry moves, so one cannot use Dark's built-in stuff), and then, when you left the space beneath the ferry, the artificial method failed in resetting the lightgem. I have personally never seen it fail myself, but it is something that could cause the behaviour you describe. So, one thing you can try is going under the ferry again and then leave - and check if this resets the lightgem.
    Yeah, Taylor, that's what I meant to say. He puts it so much better than I ever could.

Thanks for the answers!

Probably that was the case since I had to chase the Ferry
    I made a save right before drinking the blood and reloaded it from that point --- the bug haven't reproduced itself.

Though I made a spare save file from the one I became invisible, in case it were ever needed

I hopeyou are indeed non-visible then . could be you are vissible but your lightgem is lying to you???

you tried it with some baddies?

Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    I hopeyou are indeed non-visible then . could be you are vissible but your lightgem is lying to you???

you tried it with some baddies?
    Yup. I re-enabled the cameras in the jail, stand under a lamp right in front of one of them, with lanterns on and fire arrow worn, and the camera didn't even react. Nor the rats.

Yup. I re-enabled the cameras in the jail, stand under a lamp right in front of one of them, with lanterns on and fire arrow worn, and the camera didn't even react. Nor the rats.
    cool I would df. keep that save

7 hours in and I've lost the plot. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing anymore because I keep getting sidetracked. Perhaps someone can get me back on track. I've temporarily given up with the treasure until I can get my beefier pc back - think that would help with the exterior anyway.

I have an antenna thing kit. What am I supposed to do with that?

What opens the 'door' with the red line in the prison level? I have 12 keys on my key ring.

The symbols in the cell are repeated in Borin's (?) book so I wonder if there is anything else in that area apart from a purse?

I used some rat's blood on the font and drank it. Have I got the wrong ingredients as I thought it would enable me to see the squishy thing that comes out of the iron maiden.

I think I need to get to the island next but I don't know how to call the ferry. I've entered the numbers but think I should do something with the antenna kit first.

Some clear pointers would help my addled brain, I think.

@nickie

the antenna repairkit... it's there in case you might have blasted away the antenna

to call the ferry: you entered the numbers, but you also have to push the send button, I think on the bottom right side and did you fix the device?

that is:placed the fuse?

in the cell area with the symbols:

did you visit the next room, with the controls, go further down there and coming to the lava you might notice something once you had the potion

dear nightshifter

I forgot the send button.

Yes I repaired it.

I didn't notice anything in the cell area but I'll have another look.

Thank you for coming to my rescue!

(You edited while I was replying.)

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    What opens the 'door' with the red line in the prison level? I have 12 keys on my key ring.
    You must open it from the other side.

The symbols in the cell are repeated in Borin's (?) book so I wonder if there is anything else in that area apart from a purse?
    Yes, something very familiar. Keep looking near where you found the purse. Make sure that you have already drunk some holy blood.

I used some rat's blood on the font and drank it. Have I got the wrong ingredients as I thought it would enable me to see the squishy thing that comes out of the iron maiden.
    It's not for that. You can see the squishy thing if you look through something.
    Last edited by urgrue; 24th Aug 2015 at 14:03.

What opens the 'door' with the red line in the prison level?
    Nothing and something, depending on how you look at it.

Have I got the wrong ingredients
    No.

Edit:
    E-guru beat me to it, oh well.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast